Who Have Better Stage Chemistry- Axl & Slash or Tyler & Joe Perry?

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought Izzy had better chemistry with Slash actually. It was always cool when one would go over to the other, and let loose with the guitar. They had a good rapport, and it was a nice snapshot of what GNR were about.

The chemistry between all the members was good actually. Duff and Slash are great together, they're like old war buddies.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 1

Wouldn't Steven and Joe win by default for the amount of time they spend together?

A good point. But that was not the question.

I thought the question was who had better chemistry?

How can 2 guys with a 6 year run even be compared with guys who have been together what 40 years or something?

What would the argument be that 2 guys who have not spoken in 20 some odd years have better chemistry guys that have performed together for several decades? I love guns but that doesn't make much sense.

I think they did enough shows together to demonstrate their shared chemistry on stage.

Steven and Joe, because Axl has got chemistry with Izzy not with Slash per se

Jesus H. Christ. Tell me I did not just read Axl didn't have chemistry with Slash.

Nope. They did have chemistry. But not on the legendary days. And the title of the thread contains 2 musicians whom got waaaay better chemistry than them (on stage, on the studio etc.)

Btw Axl and Slash are winning here, because the fanboy logic so i don't really understand your original post

Wouldn't Steven and Joe win by default for the amount of time they spend together?

A good point. But that was not the question.

I thought the question was who had better chemistry?

How can 2 guys with a 6 year run even be compared with guys who have been together what 40 years or something?

What would the argument be that 2 guys who have not spoken in 20 some odd years have better chemistry guys that have performed together for several decades? I love guns but that doesn't make much sense.

exactly

It's good to have some common sense here

Edited by Strange Broue

Probably a stupid thing to say, but I think its hard to say, or explain.

Here's the thing: I think of Joe and Steven as having this undeniable chemistry. They're known as the Toxic Twins. The same way Mick and Keith are known as the Glimmer Twins. But I almost feel like its a legend that people just accepted. Does that make sense? These two guys share the mic and people go nuts. But I don't actually sense any genuine feelings there. At least not recently. I get that Steven and Joe used to be pretty tight. And yeah, I can see Aerosmith these days and in 9 out of 20 songs Steven will put his arm around Joe and they'll sing in the same mic.

But does anyone buy it? It just seems like shtick to me. I don't think either one means it. And thats fine, but I just think they do it cause people kind of know it and its recognizable. I don't get the sense they are brothers. The same way I never really did with Mick and Keith. Its part of their "thing", even though everyone liked to believe they were the best of friends. With Axl and Slash, I think its different, mainly because of how they compliment each other. We've talked about it a lot here, but that Axl pushed Slash with his music, and then Slash countered by blowing Axl away when pushed. So you got this great product that really was a combo of both them. I never got that as much from Steven and Joe. As weird as it is, Slash and Axl probably interacted less on stage, but when they did I felt a tremendous genuine nature from it than when Steven and Joe or Mick and Keith do it all the time. Know what I mean?

Recognizable images in my head are Axl running over to Slash at the Freddie Mercury show and the two just rockin' it together at that event. Or the two of them drinking in the crowd at the end of the UYI Indiana show. Or the two of them on the couch during the acoustic sets, Axl just singing great and Slash just playing away, as if its nothing, complimenting each other so well. I feel a genuine emotion that they are both into it. Something I don't feel when Steven and Joe are singing Love In An Elevator into the same mic. Or coming out of the stage to Train Kept A Rollin' together. Its a job. I don't think Slash and Axl were ever as close personally as Steven and Joe or Mick and Keith were at a time, but I do think their stage chemistry was much more electric and genuine. Which is why it only happened every now and then. They got off on each other, whereas it was an image thing for Aerosmith.