2013 Discussion Thread

downzy

I was actually thinking about this last night. I stayed up for the Rio gig in 2011 and was devastated by that shambolic performance. Then a month later we got the interview on That Metal Show which indicated that Axl was probably going to spend 11-12 touring Chinese Democracy, which was frustrating, but I was fine with. I seen them in Glasgow in 2012 and fucking loved it, it was brilliant, albeit the setlist was the same as all of the bootlegs that I'd listened to from months prior. It just seemed that when they wrapped up touring, that 2013 was the most likely outcome for the rest of the Chinese Democracy material to be officially released. What a let down. At least we finally got to hear Going Down, which was an absolute treat, especially hearing that distinct voice in a studio setting. So many missed opportunities. It's a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually thinking about this last night. I stayed up for the Rio gig in 2011 and was devastated by that shambolic performance. Then a month later we got the interview on That Metal Show which indicated that Axl was probably going to spend 11-12 touring Chinese Democracy, which was frustrating, but I was fine with. I seen them in Glasgow in 2012 and fucking loved it, it was brilliant, albeit the setlist was the same as all of the bootlegs that I'd listened to from months prior. It just seemed that when they wrapped up touring, that 2013 was the most likely outcome for the rest of the Chinese Democracy material to be officially released. What a let down. At least we finally got to hear Going Down, which was an absolute treat, especially hearing that distinct voice in a studio setting. So many missed opportunities. It's a shame.

That it was. I know a lot of people would have preferred Axl doing lead vocals, but I loved being able to hear those screeching harmonies. Honestly quite a good song, definitely something a reunited GNR could work with, featuring Stinson.