Question for musicians - how did they handle monitors in UYI tour?

My fellow musicians who have played live, like I have for many years. Nowadays probably most of us are using in ear monitors, the first time I saw Axl using inears was in RIO 01 and I don't think he was confortable with it, he kept messing with his monitor pack throughout the show.

How did they handle monitoring in the UYI days, with Axl running around that big of stage, I see they used wedges in the front for the band, but was Axl able to hear himself in such a big area? Plus no feedback.

Thoughts?

My fellow musicians who have played live, like I have for many years. Nowadays probably most of us are using in ear monitors, the first time I saw Axl using inears was in RIO 01 and I don't think he was confortable with it, he kept messing with his monitor pack throughout the show.

How did they handle monitoring in the UYI days, with Axl running around that big of stage, I see they used wedges in the front for the band, but was Axl able to hear himself in such a big area? Plus no feedback.

Thoughts?

Dizzy said that the reason Axl's voice sounded so weak in 2001-2002 was because he didn't have to sing loud to hear himself over the stage monitors like he did during the UYI tours - not sure I buy that

Thoughts?

Dizzy said that the reason Axl's voice sounded so weak in 2001-2002 was because he didn't have to sing loud to hear himself over the stage monitors like he did during the UYI tours - not sure I buy that

Signing loud just to hear himself would explain why he has destroyed his vocal chords

You also have fold back/stage monitors at sides of the stage. Everything you can see on stage speaker wise that is not a guitar amp will be some kind of monitor speaker. They must have had a shitload on a stage that size.

going to look at more vodeos, specially of the wings that went out to the sides