Old Timers That Saw GN'R In '91 Before The Illusions Was Out

I saw them Aug 3rd 1991 at the Forum. Longest show they every played.  A good 2 hours after Skid Row. Went on at 11pm. Show was over 3 1/2 hours.  31 songs!!  http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1991/great-western-forum-inglewood-ca-43d6b7cb.html

I remember I dug the new songs. The encores went on forever.  After the first 8 SONG ENCORE the crowd was pretty shot. Then Estranged and Paradise City to finish up the 2nd encore. It was an amazing time

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DMathski said:

I saw them Aug 3rd 1991 at the Forum. Longest show they every played.  A good 2 hours after Skid Row. Went on at 11pm. Show was over 3 1/2 hours.  31 songs!!  http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1991/great-western-forum-inglewood-ca-43d6b7cb.html

I remember I dug the new songs. The encores went on forever.  After the first 8 SONG ENCORE the crowd was pretty shot. Then Estranged and Paradise City to finish up the 2nd encore. It was an amazing time

If there's three things I wish I could go back and do....one would have been to see a show on the Ozzy Osborne tour in 1986 with metallica as the opener.  Two - see Randy Rhoads play live.  Three - go to that GnR show at the Great Western Forum in 1991.....fuck that would have been the shit!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If there's three things I wish I could go back and do....one would have been to see a show on the Ozzy Osborne tour in 1986 with metallica as the opener.  Two - see Randy Rhoads play live.  Three - go to that GnR show at the Great Western Forum in 1991.....fuck that would have been the shit!

Ya man it was the shit. I remember the rumor was that they were so late because got pulled over in his limo on the way to the show was blew up and almost got arrested. I think I read later that was true. But the show was insane.