What AFD era songs were dropped from the pick list during UYI tour?

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry, another mistake. I keep looking wrong at the tables. Itg should have been 15 times in 1986 and at least twice in 1987, not 1988.

WOW, I WAS ALREADY SALIVATING FOR THOSE! Band was so tight in 1988 it would be terrific to listen to them playing it!

Do you know when and where was it played in 1987? I thought they had stopped playing it in 1986!

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

WOW, I WAS ALREADY SALIVATING FOR THOSE! Band was so tight in 1988 it would be terrific to listen to them playing it!

Do you know when and where was it played in 1987? I thought they had stopped playing it in 1986!

The Roxy March 29 http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1987/the-roxy-west-hollywood-ca-63dcde1f.html and at The Whisky A Go Go March 16 http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1987/whisky-a-go-go-west-hollywood-ca-63d2ea0f.html at least! 

15 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, so it was played at the first two shows in 1987, and after that, presumably, not played again in many years (unless theyh played it at some of the mnau shows were we have impartial or completely missing setlists).

hey guys thanks!

yeah it seems very plausible that it was played on the first two shows of 1987

it makes perfect sense

but can we trust the setlist.fm website?

one thing is to trust john m site (http://www.gnrontour.com/), the guys has this site for like 20 years and it is really complete and accurate as far as i know, i am sure he checked and verified every info on it

the setlist.fm website, to the best of my knowledge, is some sort of wikipedia of setlists, right? anyone can go there and write anything if i am not mistaken. so how can we trust it?

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

hey guys thanks!

it makes perfect sense

one thing is to trust john m site (http://www.gnrontour.com/), the guys has this site for like 20 years and it is really complete and accurate as far as i know, i am sure he checked and verified every info on it

the setlist.fm website, to the best of my knowledge, is some sort of wikipedia of setlists, right? anyone can go there and write anything if i am not mistaken. so how can we trust it?

That's very true but I've never seen something that's way off over there ;)

John's site is amazing! I go there all the time to check if a specific show is recorded or not! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

hey guys thanks!

it makes perfect sense

I use my own site, Appetite for Discussion, which is largely based on gnrontour (fantastic site!) but more complete and allows people to discuss each and every show. I have no idea how accurate setlist.fm is.

1 hour ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

What about Hair Of The Dog? Played only a few times in the 80's & then with Sebastian Bach

After all Spaghetti was an Illusion album right?

I have Hair of the Dog played once in 1988 (May 23, in Winnipeg). It might have been played on some of the pseudo-GN'R shows (Drunk Fox), too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I use my own site, Appetite for Discussion, which is largely based on gnrontour (fantastic site!) but more complete and allows people to discuss each and every show. I have no idea how accurate setlist.fm is.

just registered to a4d!

:headbang:

On March 6, 2016 at 9:20 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

lol ok I was not sure if it was allowed to post youtube videos. this is the best quality one I have ever seen and that is not saying much. I guess it's him moving his lower half especially the part from around 2:36 thru like 2:45 or so that I find the sexiest, but may not to be to everyone's taste :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05FWBHvzfwM

He might not have stolen the Shark Island singer's snake dance and stage moves yet?

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have Hair of the Dog played once in 1988 (May 23, in Winnipeg). It might have been played on some of the pseudo-GN'R shows (Drunk Fox), too.

Yes I have 88 & also back to 84 with Hollywood Rose as well as Drunk Fux. Would be great to hear it live as per Spaghetti, easily the best song on that album.

On zondag 6 maart 2016 at 9:27 AM, SoulMonster said:

Out Ta Get Me was played (at least) 40 times in 1988, but only four times in 1991 and seven times in 1992.

Used To Love Her was played (at least) 29 times in 1988 bt only eight times in 1991, none in 1992 but a lot in 1993.

Whole Lotta Rosie was not played in the 90s, occasionally before.

You're Crazy was played (at least) 31 times in 1988 but only three times in 1991 and never in 1992. It was picked up again in 1993, though, and played 45 times.

Think About You was played a lot in 1987 (and at least twice in 1988), but never in the 90s.

Nice Boys was played now and then in the 80s, but was not played in 1991 and 1992. It was played 12 times in 1993.

Mama Kin wa splayed a lot in 1987 but only once in the 90s (once in 1993).

Back Off Bitch was played a lot in 1985 and '96, but only once in the 90s.

Anything Goes was a staple in early shows, but went out of favour in 1987 and hasn't been played since then.

Same goes for Reckless Life, although it was placed thrice in 1993.

Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Shadow Of Your Love was played a lot in the beginning but never after the 80s.

Generally speaking, they stopped playing some covers because they had more of their own, original material to play. In the 90s they also had the UYIs songs to play, so they had to make some cuts in play lists leaving some of the older songs out. Some of these returned to the playlists in 1993, though, as they changed things up again.

You're crazy was played in its AFD version up till '88, and a few times in '91 up till Izzy left.  In '93 it resurfaced in its original acoustic version, as on GNR Lies.

Reckless Life dissapeared after October '87, but was played on the Skin N' Bones US leg in early '93.  There's no way of knowing how many times it was played, there are some missing setlists from around the time it started reappearing.

Out Ta Get Me could have been played in '93, but that's only speculation.

Back Off Bitch could have been played in '87, but probably not.

Whole Lotta Rosie was probably played more often in '87.

Anything Goes was almost certainly played more often on the '87 tour with The Cult, hardly any known setlists there.

Shadow Of Your Love was probably last played at the second Marquee show in '87, but there's too many missing setlists for '87 to be sure.

In '91 when Izzy was still in the band, there's 10 missing setlists, Back Off Bitch might have played at one or more of those.  Same thing goes for You're Crazy, Out Ta Get Me and Used To Love Her.

The only songs (originals) we can be 99% sure about, in terms of not being played on any of the missing setlists, are Shadow Of Your Love, Think About You and Anything Goes.  It's no coincidence that those are all Hollywood Rose songs.  Reckless Life is the exception to that rule.