What AFD era songs were dropped from the pick list during UYI tour?

And why did they stop playing them?

As far as i know:

Out ta get me wasn't played during UYI tour? though it was a staple before that. it resurfaced in the 2000s though, depite it being a bit of a stretch for Axl to sing

Anything goes seems to have disappeared from the list soon as they were actually touring AFD and never on UYI tour. I guess they got sick of it since it's so old, going back to Hollywood Rose era

Think About You hardly got played, though I heard it in2006 when Izzy returned

Other UYI songs which date back to the AFD era like Back Off Bitch, which was only really played in the early club days..?

57 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

As far as i know:

Out ta get me wasn't played during UYI tour? though it was a staple before that. it resurfaced in the 2000s though, depite it being a bit of a stretch for Axl to sing

Anything goes seems to have disappeared from the list soon as they were actually touring AFD and never on UYI tour. I guess they got sick of it since it's so old, going back to Hollywood Rose era

Other UYI songs which date back to the AFD era like Back Off Bitch, which was only really played in the early club days..?

I absolutely love Think About You. the video I watch most often is really old and Axl dances so sexy in it but unlike anything I have ever seen him do before or after. anyone know why he stopped dancing that way? guess he thought the snake dance was better?

1 hour ago, Nice Boy said:

As far as i know:

Out Ta Get Me didnt disappear completely, it was played sporadically during UYI tour. I think it disappeared from the setlist for most of 92, its reappeared in 93. 

Anything goes & Think about you weren't played much after 88

Back off Bitch was played during the club days, and sporadically on the UYI tour

1 hour ago, Nice Boy said:

Not sure what sort of dance you mean... like his 85-86 sort of hip-shaking moves? lol

post the video for our appraisal!

lol ok I was not sure if it was allowed to post youtube videos. this is the best quality one I have ever seen and that is not saying much. I guess it's him moving his lower half especially the part from around 2:36 thru like 2:45 or so that I find the sexiest, but may not to be to everyone's taste :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05FWBHvzfwM

7 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

As far as i know:

Out Ta Get Me was played (at least) 40 times in 1988, but only four times in 1991 and seven times in 1992.

Used To Love Her was played (at least) 29 times in 1988 bt only eight times in 1991, none in 1992 but a lot in 1993.

Whole Lotta Rosie was not played in the 90s, occasionally before.

You're Crazy was played (at least) 31 times in 1988 but only three times in 1991 and never in 1992. It was picked up again in 1993, though, and played 45 times.

Think About You was played a lot in 1987 (and at least twice in 1988), but never in the 90s.

Nice Boys was played now and then in the 80s, but was not played in 1991 and 1992. It was played 12 times in 1993.

Mama Kin wa splayed a lot in 1987 but only once in the 90s (once in 1993).

Back Off Bitch was played a lot in 1985 and '96, but only once in the 90s.

Anything Goes was a staple in early shows, but went out of favour in 1987 and hasn't been played since then.

Same goes for Reckless Life, although it was placed thrice in 1993.

Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Shadow Of Your Love was played a lot in the beginning but never after the 80s.

Generally speaking, they stopped playing some covers because they had more of their own, original material to play. In the 90s they also had the UYIs songs to play, so they had to make some cuts in play lists leaving some of the older songs out. Some of these returned to the playlists in 1993, though, as they changed things up again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Out Ta Get Me was played (at least) 40 times in 1988, but only four times in 1991 and seven times in 1992.

Used To Love Her was played (at least) 29 times in 1988 bt only eight times in 1991, none in 1992 but a lot in 1993.

Whole Lotta Rosie was not played in the 90s, occasionally before.

You're Crazy was played (at least) 31 times in 1988 but only three times in 1991 and never in 1992. It was picked up again in 1993, though, and played 45 times.

Think About You was played a lot in 1987 (and at least twice in 1988), but never in the 90s.

Nice Boys was played now and then in the 80s, but was not played in 1991 and 1992. It was played 12 times in 1993.

Mama Kin wa splayed a lot in 1987 but only once in the 90s (once in 1993).

Back Off Bitch was played a lot in 1985 and '96, but only once in the 90s.

Anything Goes was a staple in early shows, but went out of favour in 1987 and hasn't been played since then.

Same goes for Reckless Life, although it was placed thrice in 1993.

Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Shadow Of Your Love was played a lot in the beginning but never after the 80s.

Generally speaking, they stopped playing some covers because they had more of their own, original material to play. In the 90s they also had the UYIs songs to play, so they had to make some cuts in play lists leaving some of the older songs out. Some of these returned to the playlists in 1993, though, as they changed things up again.

thanks, that seems comprehensive - although it says mama kin was only played once in the 90s (in 93) but it is on the Paris 92 pay per view show w/Tyler as well?

EDIT - i see that's already been corrected, sorry

Edited by Nice Boy

15 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

As far as i know:

you're wrong, Out ta get me was played during 1992 stadium shows, opening the set list...Seattle 1992, don't remember others...sounds amazing

Edited by yumbeen

I remember "Think About You" being one of the strangest (in a good way) surprises and it really exemplified that Axl was not afraid to play old songs. Obviously, the band at that point was weird looking, but it did not bother me much, but even I remember thinking "these guys are so far removed from any individuals who could have possibly written Think About You." 

21 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I absolutely love Think About You. the video I watch most often is really old and Axl dances so sexy in it but unlike anything I have ever seen him do before or after. anyone know why he stopped dancing that way? guess he thought the snake dance was better?

I LOVE Think About You as well

8 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

anything goes.  Because they don't realise how great that song is. 

Heard it yesterday.. I love it.. Never understood why some don't like it.

18 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Never knew that Think about you was played in 1988!

Do you know exactly when/where?

Are there any audio or video recordings of these performances? If there are, do you know if they are they circulating?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

Never knew that Think about you was played in 1988!

Do you know exactly when/where?

Are there any audio or video recordings of these performances? If there are, do you know if they are they circulating?

Thanks!

Sorry, another mistake. I keep looking wrong at the tables. Itg should have been 15 times in 1986 and at least twice in 1987, not 1988.