Have Axl and Slash actually reconciled?

27 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

The SONG Chinese Democracy I have always thought is great! Regardless of what people say (maybe no one will deny it) that has been an unpopular opinion around here... pretty much forever. I have firmly stated that it is the ONLY GNR song on the record. The rest is too much Axl's solo visions, which are good, but its not Guns. I have always thought Chinese would make a great GNR song/hit if played by the right people, since I already blast it regularly played by nuGNR. I have always given that album a fair shake. I like a sizable portion of it. TWAT is excellent, I have always loved IRS which I think is a great single, Prostitute is great, Street Of Dreams, Catcher In The Rye, a few others are very good. Its a solid record, but all those songs I named are Axl songs, not Guns songs. I feel I've always given the album the credit it deserves which is its a very solid Axl Rose solo album but its not GNR. Maybe old members can make some of those songs more Guns-like, but as it stands I've always thought the only song that sounded like the band I loved was the title track, and I've ALWAYS wanted to hear what Slash could do with it.

I couldn't agree more!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1