Have Axl and Slash actually reconciled?

Even fucking MIKE LOVE and BRIAN WILSON did interviews together. Brian Wilson, the guy who rightfully blames Mike Love for his constant state of depression since the 60s, still sat down and did the talk show circuit with the man he views as Satan incarnate, but Axl can't get over Slash banging his ex-wife or whatever the fuck it is that Slash did. What a shitshow this reunion is turning out to be. :lol:

Edited by bacardimayne

Sounds about right.

No way to put behind twenty years of ugly acrimony, so the band just lays low. Anything else would dredge that ugliness up.

IF Axl is going to get comfortable with this situation, it has to play out naturally and it has to play out in everyone's favor. This is something he swore would never happen, so it's no surprise he doesn't want to promote it or talk about it.

19 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

To the degree they've reconciled, who knows. But I don't think Axl would be on stage with Slash for any amount of money if he hasn't reconciled with him in some way.

That said, not calling any sources out, but I find it hard to believe someone with any say in the camp would actually say "they're not on good terms with each other".

Who knows. I guess we'll find out in a month.

But i think that's the whole point, right?

What you wrote makes more sense than what Kaneda wrote who was/is a marketing manager on Dr. Pepper and still owe us free Dr Peppers....

anyway i wouldn't be surprised if Axl and the band go this way, though
Seems like Axl just WANTS that this band has to be a clusterfuck

Edited by Strange Broue

7 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Even fucking MIKE LOVE and BRIAN WILSON did interviews together. Brian Wilson, the guy who rightfully blames Mike Love for his constant state of depression since the 60s, still sat down and did the talk show circuit with the man he views as Satan incarnate, but Axl can't get over Slash banging his ex-wife or whatever the fuck it is that Slash did. What a shitshow this reunion is turning out to be. :lol:

Slash didn't bang anybody's ex wife

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

we saw many times axl with the band

27247628v.jpg

i love that picture with the 9 band members. am i looking at slipknot or a genuine rock n roll band? 

this band needs 5 members. one drummer, two guitarists, one bass player and one singer. i'm glad we're past the sound effects phase with pitman out. that's a start.

As Axl has said in the past...No News Is Good News.

Axl wouldn't even being doing this if he didn't come to some sort of friendly respectful terms. 

6 years ago I broke up with my ex and we had a ton of animosity toward eachother but 2 years later we seen eachother at the fair and I was thinking to myself "what a cunt, hope she doesn't come over and start any shit" and she came up to me to my dismay and I was ready for a fight. When she spoke to me on respectful terms and we started talking about how eachother had been doing, she was different and more mature and I had to give her respect & listen. Within seconds we had become closer than ever and laughing about our past and I instantly was reminded of all the reasons I loved her before. In the years since, 90% of the time she was AWESOME after this period and we continued to be close until this last December, mostly because she can't have just one dick in her life or be just friends with me without using another dude against me to make me jealous...its the 10% she wasn't cool that was the deal breaker.

I think Axl & Slash can have that kind of instant home sickness for eachother as I did with my ex and since Axl is a dude and him and Slash don't have any romantic drama bullshit between them, I think they'll do just fine because of what they've accomplished together in the past, it won't be as awkward as one would think.

For the record the chick I dated was more unreasonable than Axl Rose on his worst day from even the most dramatized unfavorable biased report you could find of him. At least Axl has a concept of loyalty.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

I believe they've reconciled I can't see them doing this if they hadn't. I think there's always been admiration for each other deep down despite all that went on. But let's be honest given they're poles apart when it comes to ways of working there's no doubt going to be some disagreements along the way. I think lack of communication played a part of the split with the band and if things can start moving forwards with more shows being announced etc then I think that will be a good sign they have reconciled. 

If you sum things up then you realize that it's all pretty weird. Not the first time we don't know anything behind the scenes, but we always speculate and most of the times we hit the head of the nail on rumors.

I learned that bumblefoot was in GNR before the NY gigs in this forum for example, details leaks. But in this case we had things like Izzy twitter, the silence of Duff and Slash. The status of Frank/4tus. etc. And it's only 5 shows in less than a month and we don't have a fucking clue.

20 hours ago, OTHAFA said:

It's funny how the naysayers claim this whole reunion is just a money grab, but when the band purposely turns down money-grabbing opportunities in favor of remaining silent and going about their work, the narrative becomes "OH THEY HATE EACH OTHER!!"

Which is it?

Apples and oranges. 

What money grab opportunities have they turned down? It's been reported the band is getting three million per show. So they've picked 18 million for six days of work. 

I apologize if I've missed some of the other million dollar opportunities thrown their way. Can you catch me up-to-date? Thanks. 

Also, do you think the Coachella dates are specifically for GnR fans as opposed to the huge pay day?

Do you forsee much lower ticket prices on the rest of the tour (if there is one) since this regrouping isn't about the millions upon millions of dollars the band is making? If the band took 1.5 million per show instead of 3 million, couldn't ticket prices be cut in half to help out GnR fans who can't afford $350 tickets?

You are a pretty solid poster on here. Do you honestly think that money isn't the number one reason for this regrouping?

22 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

They are 50 something,multi millionaires. Why do some of you think they need to best buds in order to put on a great three hour show? They don't.  Plenty of bands travel separately and aren't chilling together offstage yet they still manage to deliver the goods live.

Exactly. 

It's so odd to see people say that they just hope the two can be friends again. These guys are complete strangers to us. Who cares if they love or hate each other. Axl doesn't owe is a thing.....but we should care who he is bffs with? Weird. 

Axl puts out a product. That's all we should really care about. Him playing golf and watching Netflix with Slash has 0 bearing on my life. But I will sure pay cash to see them perform live and to buy an album by them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

What else did you honestly expect? :lol:

And the best part is: it didn't even start yet, actually.

• Like 1

They have reconciled for business purposes. And that's it.

Axl's BFF's are Sebastian Bach, Del James, Beta Lebeis... that kind of people. Slash is long gone from the picture. Duff is loyal and probably Axl considers him his friend but not that close either.

I don't think we will see the GN'R from the 80's, all living in warehouse, sharing women and drugs. I don't get why people insist with having them go back to that stage of their life. It isn't happening, dude!

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They have reconciled for business purposes. And that's it.

Axl's BFF's are Sebastian Bach, Del James, Beta Lebeis... that kind of people. Slash is long gone from the picture. Duff is loyal and probably Axl considers him his friend but not that close either.

I don't think we will see the GN'R from the 80's, all living in warehouse, sharing women and drugs. I don't get why people insist with having them go back to that stage of their life. It isn't happening, dude!

Who is saying they should go back to that stage in their life?

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Apples and oranges. 

What money grab opportunities have they turned down? It's been reported the band is getting three million per show. So they've picked 18 million for six days of work. 

I apologize if I've missed some of the other million dollar opportunities thrown their way. Can you catch me up-to-date? Thanks. 

Also, do you think the Coachella dates are specifically for GnR fans as opposed to the huge pay day?

Do you forsee much lower ticket prices on the rest of the tour (if there is one) since this regrouping isn't about the millions upon millions of dollars the band is making? If the band took 1.5 million per show instead of 3 million, couldn't ticket prices be cut in half to help out GnR fans who can't afford $350 tickets?

You are a pretty solid poster on here. Do you honestly think that money isn't the number one reason for this regrouping?

The original post of the thread claims they turned down the opportunity to work together for a marketing program, which sounds like an obvious opportunity to make additional money, so there's one example. Another thread here that caused hand-wringing was about the lack of any sort of press conference or promotional spots. I know people would like to see the big sponsored press conference (that the band would be paid handsomely for) like Van Halen did where Eddie planted a big wet kiss on DLR, but again that's another example of the band letting this reunion happen organically rather than forcing the issue for money.

I've been one of Axl's harshest critics over the last 10 or so years that I've been on this site, and I know if they did that phony press conference "let's show everyone how much we like each other" deal I would be on here ranting about how fake it looked, along with probably tons of other MyGNR posters. It's a no-win situation in a lot of ways. If you stay in the dark, keep their friendship private and let the music do the talking, it's because they hate each other. If they pimp the hell out of this thing, go on every talk show and get everything sponsored and paid for, it's because they're only out for the money.

Look - the money is what it is. It's what the marketplace says they are worth and I don't expect anyone to take less money than they are worth to do something they excel at. Would you take half your proposed salary to help your co-workers get paid more? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The big money is there now, it was there five years ago and it was there 10 years ago. So why now? I genuinely think it's because they have patched up their differences. If it was solely for the money, this would have happened years ago. To me, the money and personal relationship go together. Axl and Slash aren't going to put their pride aside and get together just for money, but on the other hand they certainly aren't going to make amends, and decide to go on a cheap charity tour. I truly believe they patched up their differences, want to play together again, and want to get paid well to do so. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Who is saying they should go back to that stage in their life?

OP is...

This is such a historic musical moment and once again GN'R is missing a golden opportunity to blow it out and give the fans what they deserve - to feel proud of GN'R again.  What camp GN'R doesn't understand is the fans LOVE and WANT to see this concert hyped and promoted.  Seeing Axl/Slash/Duff together, having a good time, laughing, talking...man that would mean more than the concert itself.  The chemistry has to be there OFF the stage for it to occur ON the stage.  Here's hoping this is wrong. 

Well, I think saying they should have a good time and have chemistry off stage, is far cry from wanting them to go back to "all living in a warehouse, sharing women and drugs." No one wants or expects them to do that. Most people do want to see them enjoy the shows, especially after all the acrimony.

I am happy there is no major promotion of this tour, like "Doritos Presents the Guns N Roses reunion!"

but I  am upset if it is true about them not getting along

Edited by k12

5 minutes ago, k12 said:

I am happy there is major promotion of this tour, like "Doritos Presents the Guns N Roses reunion!"

but I  am upset if it is true about them not getting along

I agree with the promotion thing. I know things are done differently these days, but I'll be damned if that can of Monster on the piano during NR didn't bug me every time.