Have Axl and Slash actually reconciled?

5 minutes ago, liers said:

The closer we get to these shows with little promotion, the more I think Slash's return is only a temporary thing and by next year we'll have another nugnr lineup.

Axl could be using Slash to sell out a year's worth of shows, and then after Coachella, he fires him 

Axl wouldn't be above doing that

Well..they don't want to be photographed together but they are totally cool peforming in front of tens of thousands of folks, each having a cellphone camera. Yep, that totally makes sense.

My take on it is as follows: they may not be BBFs but they are not on "unfriendly" terms. I believe they're just tired of all the negativity over the years and just want to get past it. And, as already pointed, I don't think Axl would agree to this against his will, unless money is an issue to him. Which is kinda hard to believe.

Though, the fact the band is not really up in arms about it promoting the reunion does give some credence to these rumours. Unofortunately.

I do believe they will perform together in April. Othervise, it would be a major slap in the face of the fanbase.

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 1

If it was Monster I'm glad it didn't go through haha.

Axl and Slash together again... GN F'n R... brought to you by.... MONSTER... the beverage of choice for the last bastion of rock. And for authentic refreshment, eat Clark Bars.

Edited by Ant

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl could be using Slash to sell out a year's worth of shows, and then after Coachella, he fires him 

Axl wouldn't be above doing that

There's no going back now. If Axl does these shows, finally giving the public what they've been begging for for practically 2 decades, he can never go back to having a bunch of nobodies playing the leads to Sweet Child under the gnr name. He'd be a fucking suicide bomber.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaneda said:

Take this for what it's worth.  But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show.

I was one of the people you sent a six pack of Dr. Pepper by fed ex prior to the Chinese Democracy release.  You were working for the ad agency that represented Dr. Pepper at the time.  We exchanged a couple of emails back then.

So a new tie-in promotion would not not surprise me, or that it fell through.

Mick and Keith tour together and they are not best buddies, but they know that both need each other. Keith didn't like that Mick took a knighthood but the amount they can make together, they wont be stopping until one of them is dead. 

Axl has hardly done any interviews and probably would only do it if he had to but cause the gigs have sold out, he is probably on the treadmill getting into the best shape possible. The amount of question that be asked if Slash and Duff did the press without Axl, so probably best to keep it quiet until they know exactly what the plan is for the year.  Also I am no fan of press conferences, and I love the Crue but they have to get interest to sell tickets  as how many times has that band split up now. 

We will find out on the 8th if they have with the interaction between the two while performing and how Axl introduces the half man, the half beast 

I dunno. If I had to guess, I think the interview embargo has something to do with them preventing old wounds from being re-opened, re-examined, etc.  Axl's a sensitive guy, everyone knows that. I would imagine he'd rather concentrate on the shows, and possibly forthcoming new music, rather than explain why he changed his mind yada yada yada.

Edited by sofine11

They are not meeting or hanging out everyday but things are cool between them, if things were not they we would not see them on stage together.

Once the shows go on, they will be more close to each other, Axl knows that Slash was his friend. He did treat NuGNR as hired people, but even after so many years when Duff came for a few shows, Axl and him were like so strong together, he can never have that relationship with Tommy or Robin or Fortus. 

So once the shows begin, the 3 of them will be like a family like before. 

I think it's impossible for Axl to share the stage with Slash if there's still bad blood between them. I mean, the guy kept NuGNR alive for decades regardless of the skills of the replacements (of replacements of replacements). His hatred towards Slash was bigger than the respect he had for the GNR brand and the fans.

Axl and Slash are not probably best buddies and I don't think they ever were. They needed each other more than anything, this is a continuation of their history together.

On that Slash interview where he hinted him and Axl were ok, he said that 'it was really cool at that point' or something like this so they probably spent some time together and let go of some of their animosity. Or maybe Slash was talking about they signing off rights to publish songs and I'm being too naive here.

The no interviews and no pictures bullshit tho seems pretty real and it's probably what's gonna happen. It's an Axl decision Slash will respect for the sake of the reunion and the money involved. It's a shame really. Axl still sees the media as the enemy even though there's probably 1 journalist in the whole world who's still out ta get him.

If they do share a press conference together, or maybe a magazine cover, that would be the coolest thing ever, it would be a very nice surprise for the fans who waited for so long.

If they go on stage, do their thing, zero chemistry, Axl retires after it, Slash goes back to Myles.... that will be one of the most stupid things we'll ever witness in the music business.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maynard said:

If they go on stage, do their thing, zero chemistry, Axl retires after it, Slash goes back to Myles.... that will be one of the most stupid things we'll ever witness in the music business.

I take it you've never seen Talking Heads at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

There's no going back now. If Axl does these shows, finally giving the public what they've been begging for for practically 2 decades, he can never go back to having a bunch of nobodies playing the leads to Sweet Child under the gnr name. He'd be a fucking suicide bomber.

It's possible Axl will retire GnR after this and bring fortus, frank, dizzy,and Pittman to a new band. Don't forget the whole Stay of Execution thing a few months back. That trademark expired, but it was likely for a band name.

it's all part of the drama that's carefully being orchestrated, people!

chaos, betrayal, mayham... it's all part of the package.

or did you expect Axl, slash and Duff guest appearing at some lame ass talk show and answer awkward questions like we're all one crazy big family? get a grip.

Expect Axl to be pissed and late on stage, insulting random crowd member with an ashba t shirt, and generally acting his character, and the others having no clue what's happening.

it will be fun.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure whenever their last concert is, Axl will retire from touring. Maybe release some unreleased music here and there. But it's not like he can go back to touring with Guns N Roses under a Slash-less lineup after this if they play stadiums all over the world, it just doesn't make sense. I'm fairly certain this is a "goodbye" tour as much as its a reunion tour. But then again who knows. 

It's funny how the naysayers claim this whole reunion is just a money grab, but when the band purposely turns down money-grabbing opportunities in favor of remaining silent and going about their work, the narrative becomes "OH THEY HATE EACH OTHER!!"

Which is it?

• Like 3

At this point of their careers they don't need to do anything that they don't want to. They have all made millions and have big fan bases.

Axl is not the type to work with anyone he dislikes and could of rehired someone else to play guitar for new guns shows and slash already has a great career with Myles Kennedy and the conspirators. 

5 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

I'm pretty sure whenever their last concert is, Axl will retire from touring. Maybe release some unreleased music here and there. But it's not like he can go back to touring with Guns N Roses under a Slash-less lineup after this if they play stadiums all over the world, it just doesn't make sense. I'm fairly certain this is a "goodbye" tour as much as its a reunion tour. But then again who knows. 

tell that to the rolling stones who were gun's age somewhere around the voodoo lounge tour. they have toured ever since, attracting bigger masses every year.

aerosmith, have released a new album as late as 2012 when they were well into their '60s.

or what to say about kiss, Queen, led zeppelin, which have all toured or played one off concerts under various lineups well into their '60s.

this isnt the end. its the beginning.

Edited by action
  • Like 1