Have Axl and Slash actually reconciled?

36 minutes ago, OTHAFA said:

It's funny how the naysayers claim this whole reunion is just a money grab, but when the band purposely turns down money-grabbing opportunities in favor of remaining silent and going about their work, the narrative becomes "OH THEY HATE EACH OTHER!!"

Which is it?

Very true. "The grass is always greener" syndrome for sure. 

It's interesting.  No PR for the upcoming shows.  Slash posts pictures of his guitar in a studio and a GNR guitar pick.  Duff posts cryptic pictures of a bass in the rehearsal room.  Axl ditches the Kimmel show.

Given the bad blood between them, it is fairly certain that they have only agreed to make amends as far as touring together.  For instance, they will travel separately, stay in different hotels, etc.  Then show up for the gig.  Many bands do this, by the way.

But then you take into consideration the complete disasters of the past...riots, shows cut short, Axl threating to leave the band mid-concert..........there is plenty of reason to wonder if this will hold together or fall apart.

Won't know until they take the stage............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaneda said:

Take this for what it's worth.  But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show. A major brand was about to sponsor the Vegas shows and do something AWESOME to celebrate Axl & Slash reuniting.  Unfortunately, the GN'R camp didn't get back to the brand and it all fell through (not surprised).  

When did this happen? It reads as if this was recently, which is weird as any marketing projects I have ever been part of are planned months in advance. Contracts are drawn up especially sponsorship deals.

If it's not as recently as you suggest then a lot can change, I find it really doubtful that any management team would give out the kind of information you were given about their client.

13 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Acoustic set on the tiny stage like the Stones did in the 1990s in the middle of their shows?

No its so, Axl and Slash don't have to share  the same stage.?

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, liers said:

The closer we get to these shows with little promotion, the more I think Slash's return is only a temporary thing and by next year we'll have another nugnr lineup.

This is it after this Axl will retire

4 hours ago, Kaneda said:

Take this for what it's worth.  But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show. A major brand was about to sponsor the Vegas shows and do something AWESOME to celebrate Axl & Slash reuniting.  Unfortunately, the GN'R camp didn't get back to the brand and it all fell through (not surprised).  But the interesting part was this...we were told: 

1.  The band is not on great terms

2. They will do no interviews together 

3. They will not be photographed together 

I don't know what to believe.  I find it hard to believe Axl would do this if he weren't 100% cool with it and everyone involved.  But this feedback came from the management teams of all parties involved. If it's true, it would be sad.  This is such a historic musical moment and once again GN'R is missing a golden opportunity to blow it out and give the fans what they deserve - to feel proud of GN'R again.  What camp GN'R doesn't understand is the fans LOVE and WANT to see this concert hyped and promoted.  Seeing Axl/Slash/Duff together, having a good time, laughing, talking...man that would mean more than the concert itself.  The chemistry has to be there OFF the stage for it to occur ON the stage.  Here's hoping this is wrong. 

K

i wouldn't doubt that each of those statements have some merit to them, but i don't believe for a second that 'GNR management' would just tell you that. sounds totally ridiculous tbh.

Maybe it's just getting along enough to work together again.  Their both intelligent & have faced the truth that their better together.  Back in the day it was advertised as 'see them before they die.'  Now it's 'see them before it all blows up.' Axl loves the secrecy of what the hell is going on with the band. As ever the fans will have to wait & see.  First time in years I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

I Love all the mystic- are they getting along ? that is so funny ! As a lifelong fan - I  love the no interviews-  Can you imagine when the lights turn black@ Vegas and the anticipation that Slash , Axl and Duff are playing together  again -the crowd will be fucking nuts - waiting to see them hit the stage ! then over the pa from "Hollywood California guees who is back -GUNS N FUCKING ROSES- the roof will explode off that fucking place and I cant wait - Im pumped - GNR is back and ready to kick the music scene 's ass once again ! 

• Like 1

We will not know until they start to speak and we see them at the shows. I can understand both points of view.

On the one hand I initially believed they had reconciled, because I can't see this happening otherwise. And there are signs that things did get better between them. On the other hand, the falling out seemed to deep rooted, can they really overcome whatever issues caused it? And the silence can mean anything. It would not be surprising if they ended up only seeing each other on stage.

But I don't think it's necessary for them to be friends. As long as they're at least cordial with each other, things should be okay. Their relationship was never smooth and they still had chemistry back in the day, so I think it should be alright.

Edited by Babooshka

5 hours ago, liers said:

The closer we get to these shows with little promotion, the more I think Slash's return is only a temporary thing and by next year we'll have another nugnr lineup.

That would completely damage Guns N' Roses though. I think the regrouping with Duff and Slash has pushed Guns N' Roses, as a band, over a point of no return. If Slash or Duff leave Guns N' Roses at any point in the future, it will be over in the public's eyes.

16 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That would completely damage Guns N' Roses though. I think the regrouping with Duff and Slash has pushed Guns N' Roses, as a band, over a point of no return. If Slash or Duff leave Guns N' Roses at any point in the future, it will be over in the public's eyes.

Axl has no shame at this point. This is his last chance to make real money in his life. If he blows it...he's done