This is why Hollywood should do more sequels and remakes

I saw the Point Break remake. I just don't like how they cannibalize a good film, a well made flick by a great director, and use a few scenes or ideas to cover up a very hacky paint by numbers action suckfest. These arent remakes it's stripping good movies for parts and sacrificing them on the alter of marketing and nostalgia. It would be unforgivable if anyone gave a shit but prescription drugs are sublime. 

On 4/5/2016 at 5:12 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

So shit like this wouldn't get made. Obviously the writer had the pipe a little too long.

I remember reading about this a few months ago.

Plot[edit]

Hank, a man at the verge of his suicide and marooned on an island, finds a corpse washed up on the beach and engages a surreal relationship with the dead body. The film's foundation is built with a dead person who doesn’t stop farting, and a depressed man who refuses to masturbate because it makes him think of his mother.

Reception[edit]

Early reception to the Sundance premiere was mixed; Variety reported that a "continuous stream of audience members kept standing up and bolting for the door throughout the film", alienated by the film's bizarre premise.[8] The Hollywood Reporter felt that "forming a counterpoint to all the bodily function knockabout, Dano and Radcliffe, both fully committing with delectable zeal, project a certain tragic fragility that adds heft to the proceedings."[5]

The Directors, Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, also won the Best Director or Directing award in the U.S. Dramatic category at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.