GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

oh my.. :facepalm:

Good job, Andy!! haha

Isn't that the same website that started the rumour about Axl being dead? like 2 years ago? He had to debunk it on Twitter, I remember.

Seems so. There are many interesting facepalming articles:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/axl-rose/break-up.html

http://en.mediamass.net/people/axl-rose/retirement.html

And now I need to get out of the site, my brain cells are slowly escaping through my ears :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes it was me who said about Izzy kicking someone off the stage. I think he's like that, edgy and anti social. bit of a loner. Can you imagine the reaction though If it had been Axl kicking a fan off the stage? 

If it was Axl, there would have been a riot and subsequently an Axl arrest for starting the riot...and we would still be talking about it! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oaka said:

If it was Axl, there would have been a riot and subsequently an Axl arrest for starting the riot...and we would still be talking about it! 

I guess the moral is...don't steal Izzys guitar picks! 

Oh yes, Axl would have turned it into chaos :lol: he would've lost a contact lense and everything, total reason to start a riot. 

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes it was me who said about Izzy kicking someone off the stage. I think he's like that, edgy and anti social. bit of a loner. Can you imagine the reaction though If it had been Axl kicking a fan off the stage? 

The thing is Axl has done that more than once and he has provoked people too.

Not that I want to justify Izzy's behavior, but see, that idiot (who was obviously drunk) starts bothering him, climbed up the stage and then wanted to grab a pick from Izzy's mic stand.. Those people don't understand the artist is working and they don't want to be harassed while they are doing this. Looks like security was working near the stage, but still that guy managed to climb up and upset Izzy. Not the best reaction but well deserved by that stupid guy.

Leave the fuckin' artist alone!

• Like 1

There are a lot of uses for gabapentin - neurological conditions, types of chronic pain, etc. I know a few people who take it. There's always the chance that there's more than one med being taken and when combined, they do strange things with interactions.

However...in that one interview that @Lumikki posted, there were several teachers who said he had ants in his pants even when he was a kid. The movement could always be something like hyperactivity; a lot of people fidget a lot and meds have nothing to do with it. It also could be that there's something uncomfortable orthopedically - a lot of people with pain in their neck, back or hips have trouble sitting for long periods of time and shift around.

5 minutes ago, stella said:

However...in that one interview that @Lumikki posted, there were several teachers who said he had ants in his pants even when he was a kid. The movement could always be something like hyperactivity; a lot of people fidget a lot and meds have nothing to do with it. It also could be that there's something uncomfortable orthopedically - a lot of people with pain in their neck, back or hips have trouble sitting for long periods of time and shift around.

Totally agree with this! :thumbsup:

I have a very close relative who is hyperactive and acts pretty similar to Axl. This hyperactivity not only shows in his movements (I always picture Axl as a very nervous person) but in how he's so loud. Have you noticed how Axl is so loud when he laughs or speaks? He talks a lot too. My relative is just like that: loud, can't stop talking, moving the hands, the head, etc. However, none of that resembles a disease or some medicine side-effect. It all looks natural, within the kind of personality this person has.

We could focus on the China Exchange conference and analyze that. To me, most of the movements, faces, looks and voices he does are all normal for a hyperactive type of personality.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But why don't you just go through the interviews we all know? The two Kurt Loder interviews that are so famous, MTV interviews, the one in Argentina from 1992, the press conferences, That Metal Show, Jimmy Kimmel and now China Exchange. I agree he has a strange body language in general, I think this is because he's a hyperactive kind of person, but there's nothing really way out of normal with him, or movements that could reveal he has seizures or Parkinson... not even drugs... Look at Duff's interviews, any from the 90's and now, it's obvious he was a drug addict, drunk guy. Look at Steven Adler, his face is half paralized... those guys DO show clear signs of being victims of drugs and alcohol. But Axl? really? I don't think so. And people are so picky about him, complaining about the smallest thing, if he really had any noticeable strange movements, it would be all over the Internet how Axl Rose is a sad junkie (instead of the whole fat scandal).

I dont know how the rumour started. Someone started it on the social networks and I can't say it's that one person I posted screenshot before. That's just one of the many who are now talking about it.

Lol that Izzy gif is fantastic! :lol: I was told Izzy practices Kung Fu so I guess he was trying his skills onstage! :rofl-lol:

oh my.. :facepalm:

Good job, Andy!! haha

Isn't that the same website that started the rumour about Axl being dead? like 2 years ago? He had to debunk it on Twitter, I remember.

Mostly because I don't have time to rewatch tons of interviews just to analyse his movements and body language. I already spend far too much time hanging out here and talking GnR related shit. 

But IF there actually is anything off about his movements, I don't think it would be from (illegal) drugs or alcohol anyway. If anything I'd guess it could be a side effect of legitimate drugs he might be taking for medical reasons. Some meds for bipolar disorder or anxiety disorders for example can cause muscle twitching. Or maybe it might even be some kind of health issue, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be anything as drastic as Parkinson's, might be something comparatively harmless. I have an uncle for example who suffers from chronic muscle twitching, looks pretty similar. Or just some hyperactivity-related strange body language like @stella mentioned. But whatever it is, I don't think it's got anything to do with him being an addict or a drunk.

And yes, that is the same site that started the dead rumors :facepalm:

59 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

That's all I found on Instagram

instag.jpg

and here we go:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/axl-rose/pregnancy-rumors.html

you can read exactly the same article about anyone you can think of

:facepalm:

Thanks for getting to the bottom of that. I can't believe people fall for this :facepalm:

46 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes I can, and I don't think it would be good. Considering how much shit Axl gets even for shows that he stopped for legitimate reasons. Once you've got the reputation...

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, stella said:

There are a lot of uses for gabapentin - neurological conditions, types of chronic pain, etc. I know a few people who take it. There's always the chance that there's more than one med being taken and when combined, they do strange things with interactions.

I agree. The twitchy movements may also occur when a normal person is tired, stressed, hasn't had much sleep or has had too much coffee.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Mostly because I don't have time to rewatch tons of interviews just to analyse his movements and body language. I already spend far too much time hanging out here and talking GnR related shit. 

But IF there actually is anything off about his movements, I don't think it would be from (illegal) drugs or alcohol anyway. If anything I'd guess it could be a side effect of legitimate drugs he might be taking for medical reasons. Some meds for bipolar disorder or anxiety disorders for example can cause muscle twitching. Or maybe it might even be some kind of health issue, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be anything as drastic as Parkinson's, might be something comparatively harmless. I have an uncle for example who suffers from chronic muscle twitching, looks pretty similar. Or just some hyperactivity-related strange body language like @stella mentioned. But whatever it is, I don't think it's got anything to do with him being an addict or a drunk.

I mentioned the interviews so to make the work easier, because you said you wanted to go through some footage to find these twitchy movements. Not saying you have to go through ALL of them at once, but pick just one and try to find them movements. :shrugs:

Almost everybody in my family take clonazepam (yes, we are all a crazy bunch) and none of them have side effects like that. Specially when you've been taken those meds for a lifetime, your body get used to them and you can function normal without people realizing or visibly noticing that you're a basketcase :lol:

I'm all for the theory of him just being hyperactive and I'm sure he must take some meds for whatever health issues he may have, but I don't think Axl has a serious disease that is being treated with medicines so strong that they give him noticeable side effects like that.

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Totally agree with this! :thumbsup:

I have a very close relative who is hyperactive and acts pretty similar to Axl. This hyperactivity not only shows in his movements (I always picture Axl as a very nervous person) but in how he's so loud. Have you noticed how Axl is so loud when he laughs or speaks? He talks a lot too. My relative is just like that: loud, can't stop talking, moving the hands, the head, etc. However, none of that resembles a disease or some medicine side-effect. It all looks natural, within the kind of personality this person has.

We could focus on the China Exchange conference and analyze that. To me, most of the movements, faces, looks and voices he does are all normal for a hyperactive type of personality.

I agree. He is loud, he talks a lot, he fidgets, he ,talks with his hands very often, and he likes to keep moving- there are all those videos where he's doing random sprints from one end of the stage to the other. Dude just has ants in his pants and is hyperactive, as his teachers said. :) 

40 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yes I can, and I don't think it would be good. Considering how much shit Axl gets even for shows that he stopped for legitimate reasons. Once you've got the reputation...

That's definitely one of the places I think that the shit he gets is totally unjustified. I actually think he's totally right to stop/end shows when the crowd is throwing things or getting out of control. He and the band are up there working, and they don't need to get injured because some manchild thinks it's funny to throw bottles at them. If one of those things hits them the wrong way in the head or eyes and they could be really seriously injured, the way Duff was that one time.

14 minutes ago, stella said:

I agree. He is loud, he talks a lot, he fidgets, he ,talks with his hands very often, and he likes to keep moving- there are all those videos where he's doing random sprints from one end of the stage to the other. Dude just has ants in his pants and is hyperactive, as his teachers said. :) 

I just watched this interview and I couldn't find one single trait of strange movements or twitchy whatever. He seems quite normal to me and totally within the way he's always been. He uses hands to express himself. Actually, here he's more calmed than usual, but he's totally coherent with his speech and body language.

Jumping to 2016, in this interview with AC/DC he sounds a little bit different than in 1992. Like agitated but it could be because he was nervous for doing that or because he was excited. None of that looks out of the ordinary to me. This is his personality, the way he is.

Look at him moving his both legs while Angus speaks :lol: I think that shows a bit of anxiety, like he's impatient. Again, this is not caused by medicines. He IS like that.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I mentioned the interviews so to make the work easier, because you said you wanted to go through some footage to find these twitchy movements. Not saying you have to go through ALL of them at once, but pick just one and try to find them movements. :shrugs:

Almost everybody in my family take clonazepam (yes, we are all a crazy bunch) and none of them have side effects like that. Specially when you've been taken those meds for a lifetime, your body get used to them and you can function normal without people realizing or visibly noticing that you're a basketcase :lol:

I'm all for the theory of him just being hyperactive and I'm sure he must take some meds for whatever health issues he may have, but I don't think Axl has a serious disease that is being treated with medicines so strong that they give him noticeable side effects like that.

Nah, I just meant I would need some better videos of him being twitchy to really form an opinion. And I wished I  could remember some of the instances where I've noticed over the years off the top of my head, without doing any extensive research (but those would probably have been pretty crappy quality too, like most of the old videos). Not that looking at Axl extensively is such a horrible task, but I have other projects I'm supposed to get done :lol:

I can't speak from personal experience, I'm not taking any meds, but just from doing a quick google search, people seem to blame all kinds of different medications for their problems with muscle twitching. And that was just for bipolar disorder specifically. Seems to be a common issue.

I don't notice anything off about him in the videos you posted. Seems perfectly normal to me. Just like he does in nearly all interviews and videos I see of him. It's just that over the many years I've been following this band, there have been a few instances where his movements have struck me as strange in some way, similar to MillionsOfSpiders and Frey. But like I said, there could be all kinds of reasons for this or it could be nothing at all.

55 minutes ago, stella said:

That's definitely one of the places I think that the shit he gets is totally unjustified. I actually think he's totally right to stop/end shows when the crowd is throwing things or getting out of control. He and the band are up there working, and they don't need to get injured because some manchild thinks it's funny to throw bottles at them. If one of those things hits them the wrong way in the head or eyes and they could be really seriously injured, the way Duff was that one time.

Yes, I absolutely agree. I will never understand the mindset of people who come to a concert (and pay money to do so!) just to be obnoxious assholes and harass everyone within reach.

39 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Nah, I just meant I would need some better videos of him being twitchy to really form an opinion. And I wished I  could remember some of the instances where I've noticed over the years off the top of my head, without doing any extensive research (but those would probably have been pretty crappy quality too, like most of the old videos). Not that looking at Axl extensively is such a horrible task, but I have other projects I'm supposed to get done :lol:

I can't speak from personal experience, I'm not taking any meds, but just from doing a quick google search, people seem to blame all kinds of different medications for their problems with muscle twitching. And that was just for bipolar disorder specifically. Seems to be a common issue.

I don't notice anything off about him in the videos you posted. Seems perfectly normal to me. Just like he does in nearly all interviews and videos I see of him. It's just that over the many years I've been following this band, there have been a few instances where his movements have struck me as strange in some way, similar to MillionsOfSpiders and Frey. But like I said, there could be all kinds of reasons for this or it could be nothing at all.

I don't know what to say. Axl denied being bipolar, lol. I think Prozac may be one of those medicines that cause some side effect like that but like I said before, if you're a long time consumer of antidepressants or that kind of medicines, these side effects tend to disappear. Also, not everybody reacts the same to an specific medicine. Depends on the dose, time you've been taking it, combination with other meds. A relative of mine reacted badly to the gabapentin but excellent to clonazepam. I had a hard time dealing with alprazolam, kinda cool wtih clonazepam but I'm better off without them :P. And there's another drug that I won't mention (because they may discover me :unsure:) that was hell in the life of someone I used to know. It was prescribed for OCD and other anxiety disorders.

I have followed the band for a long time as well and I have noticed Axl being a extremely nervous and hyperactive kind of person, maybe what I call hyperactive is what you and the others call twitchy movements. Not sure. But I never noticed something I'd call abnormal and believe me, I know a lot of people who have some of the disorders attributed to Axl, others with really bad diagnoses, people with PTD and myself, dealing with anxiety, panic attacks and ocd, but not medicated or medicated on and off, and none of them have that visible type of side effects. Anyway, I'm not a doctor so I can't explain some things. :shrugs:

Yeah, I agree with @killuridols that I see hyperactivity and someone who is very expressive and animated; not someone who is twitching, etc. Having said that I do strongly suspect that there are medical and emotional things that we don't know about, because of all the clues that have been discussed in other threads and accounts from other people like Duff, etc. that seem to point in that direction.

In terms of meds, not with Axl but with anyone at all, they definitely can be hard to balance sometimes. A drug that is heaven for one person and really improves their illness can be hell for another patient. With antidepressants and other drugs intended to address psychiatric and emotional issues, it's even more of a balancing act, and the drugs don't always entirely work. I've personally been around people going through psychotropic and neuro drug Roulette with their doctors and it hasn't been pretty.

And as the drug commercials say (I still can't believe we still have those in the USA), side effects MAY occur...some of them might have a 1% and only affect small numbers of patients. There are also times when people's side effects are actually caused by medication interactions or even their diets (for instance you're not supposed to drink alcohol with a lot of meds) and shouldn't be attributed to the drugs themselves.

Edited by stella

12 minutes ago, stella said:

Yeah, I agree with @killuridols that I see hyperactivity and someone who is very expressive and animated; not someone who is twitching, etc. Having said that I do strongly suspect that there are medical and emotional things that we don't know about, because of all the clues that have been discussed in other threads and accounts from other people like Duff, etc. that seem to point in that direction.

In terms of meds, not with Axl but with anyone at all, they definitely can be hard to balance sometimes. A drug that is heaven for one person and really improves their illness can be hell for another patient. With antidepressants and other drugs intended to address psychiatric and emotional issues, it's even more of a balancing act, and the drugs don't always entirely work. I've personally been around people going through psychotropic and neuro drug Roulette with their doctors and it hasn't been pretty.

And as the drug commercials say (I still can't believe we still have those in the USA), side effects MAY occur...some of them might have a 1% and only affect small numbers of patients. There are also times when people's side effects are actually caused by medication interactions or even their diets (for instance you're not supposed to drink alcohol with a lot of meds) and shouldn't be attributed to the drugs themselves.

Spot on! :headbang:

Yeah, I'm sure he does have some kind of mental issues and may be or may be not medicated for those. May have other health issues we will never know about. With mental or emotional disorders it's really hard to tell what's part of the disease, what's part of the person's personality and what's a side effect of a drug. Adventuring a diagnose from here it's very wild from us, haha.

About specific meds, it's exactly like you said. They work on some people, don't work on others. Work for a period of time then don't work anymore. For example, I have experimented with dosis, say, a 1/4 of a pill wouldn't work but a 1/2 would or viceversa. Increasing the dose to see if you feel a bit better, then decrease because one day you fucked up really bad. Other times you forget a dose and it's hell. I'm that kind of person who "plays" with the medicines and I always mess up because I hate them. Skip dose then take two together and become :wow:.... omg, what am I saying? :facepalm:

Ok, enough! :P

• Like 1

In what world does Slash live in where women suddenly shoving a dildo up his ass is a common problem? :blink::scared:

(Okay, probably the same one where young teenagers having sex with adults is nothing particularly noteworthy to him either...)

Reminds me of this thread

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/178270-ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-very-average-in-bed/&page=1

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't know what to say. Axl denied being bipolar, lol. I think Prozac may be one of those medicines that cause some side effect like that but like I said before, if you're a long time consumer of antidepressants or that kind of medicines, these side effects tend to disappear. Also, not everybody reacts the same to an specific medicine. Depends on the dose, time you've been taking it, combination with other meds. A relative of mine reacted badly to the gabapentin but excellent to clonazepam. I had a hard time dealing with alprazolam, kinda cool wtih clonazepam but I'm better off without them :P. And there's another drug that I won't mention (because they may discover me :unsure:) that was hell in the life of someone I used to know. It was prescribed for OCD and other anxiety disorders.

I know he denied being bipolar and personally I see no reason not to believe him, but it is the disgnosis that most people commonly ascribe to him, so I just used that one as an example.

8 hours ago, stella said:

What did Duff say about that? Do you mean what he said in his book about not blaming Axl for his issues because he thought it was something he couldn't help, similar to Duff's own problems? Or did he say anything else?

Edited by Lumikki

52 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I know he denied being bipolar and personally I see no reason not to believe him, but it is the disgnosis that most people commonly ascribe to him, so I just used that one as an example.

What did Duff say about that? Do you mean what he said in his book about not blaming Axl for his issues because he thought it was something he couldn't help, similar to Duff's own problems? Or did he say anything else?

Yes, I meant the bit in his book about how he thought Axl had a chemical imbalance that was beyond his control. I went back and looked, and there's also a passage where he talks about how Axl had really major mood swings and it made him have a "hint of danger." It seems to be the same thing others have said - that he really has mood swings and that it is actually scary to be around him when he's angry. There's this in the Rolling Stone interview with Kim Neely:

When Rose is feeling pressured or angry, talking to him is a lot like dodging bullets. He tends to rant, barely stopping for breath, and even the most innocent of comments can set him on edge. It is a distinctly uncomfortable feeling to be in a room alone with Axl Rose and see storm clouds suddenly gather on his face because of something you've just said. It is a feeling of wanting to get

out, fast.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-19920402