Yusuf/Cat Stevens playing charity gig in London, 14th June

Amir

23 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Only heard his debut album, i think it's called Matthew & Son.  Quite liked it actually.

Always wanted to see Yusuf live. One album is not enough, if you liked the first one, there's at least a few more gems in other albums. (more than that, but for like casual fans there's still more there imo)

Very unique musician, the tunes have something very original about them. The style is hard to find elsewhere. There are some elements of this music that are kinda much but it's definitely the real deal.

You should check out 2 more albums: Tea For Tillerman and Teaser And The Fire Cat. Masterpieces.

Edited by Rovim

31 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Always wanted to see Yusuf live. One album is not enough, if you liked the first one, there's at least a few more gems in other albums. (more than that, but for like casual fans there's still more there imo)

Very unique musician, the tunes have something very original about them. The style is hard to find elsewhere. There are some elements of this music that are kinda much but it's definitely the real deal.

You should check out 2 more albums: Tea For Tillerman and Teaser And The Fire Cat. Masterpieces.

I shall do that sir, thank you very much.  I have a great affection for that sort of 1960s London, one man and his guitar, Beatlesque, whistley thing.  Especially since it speaks of places familiar to me, Portobello Road for example, i love that song.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1