Axl Rose

night prowler

16 minutes ago, night prowler said:

But ... to do all this in nine shows .. stadium gigantic shows on the stage production perhaps the biggest out there ... getting into the band and the boys and all that .. is incredible...nothing else..because you would think when you take on a new band member .. singer!!  ... you perhaps go and do some smaller shows just to get the feel for it all ...  get the band together..He had to do it on the biggest stages there are ...and ifront of a world were many were just waiting and waiting ...and waiting  for him to fuck up ... well he didnt.

And they did .. they did it in nine shoes.... make it great

lol ok, at least one AC/DC convert we've got :tongue2:

They didn't do that because there was no time for that and mainly because Axl is a PRO. And that's his difference and value against the other LOL COVER BAND SINGERS the idiots wanted Angus to try on.

Axl has played stadiums with his own band. Hell, GNR played the Maracana Stadium in 1991 for 200K sweating brazilians :wow:. He knows what it's like to play big league. Axl has gone on tour 100 times already. He knows everything an artist needs to know about a show, about playing live, about stages, stadiums, audiences, traveling. That is important. That's a relief for Angus, that he wouldn't have to be explaining to the new singer how to face a crowd of 60k people.

As for how the band worked together, I assume Angus knew if this was going to work or not from the minute Axl showed up to rehearsal. Angus wife said Axl knew all the material, did everything right to impress Angus, was humble and respectful. 

When I first learned about this, I was immediately up for it. I never had doubts about Axl being able to do it. He's sang with Elton John and Queen in Wembley, sang with Mick Jagger and The Stones (and that time he didn't have as much experience as now), Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Alice Cooper.... I mean, I don't know if this is obvious for other people, but for me, being a fan of GNR and Axl fan for the most part of my life, it was something I knew he could do, zero doubts or hesitation:)

• Like 3

me either... had no doubts ...it just felt like it would be great ... and like you said ... having to not have to explain the ifs and how and what about a stadium show was  a relief and something that made angus and co feel a bit more relaxed...

can you imagine som dude from a cover band getting out on the stage in praque ...daylight.. 80000 people... :)

so ...and of course i know he has toured stadiums and all all around the world numerous times... but its still a thing to do .. this... put it together ...no time for secret gigs in mexico or scotland or whatever .... so that has impressed me...

and i think that there has been alot of love.. and fun and laughing and supporting and being tigether within the group ... otherwise i dont see it turning out this good..

and... the number of songs .. and the energy and force that is required every night .. theres no ballands to rest on ... well theres angus solo .. but .. well other than that its full on all the time... and ... i mean... just

and i think he is more or less accepted now by the majority of the ac/dc people ... hes in ... if he wants :)

• Like 1

I have to admit, I was worried when I found out Axl was going to front ACDC. I knew he would get hate poured on him, and I worried about how the intense media scrutiny would affect him. Let's face it, he's known to suffer badly with nerves and all those years he hid himself away from the media, did not want a repeat of that situation just before reunion. I never ever doubted his ability to sing those songs and front the band. That's why I still bought a ticket to see them as soon as I knew. 

It soon became evident though that ACDC had taken him in, we're looking after him. Those interviews were great. I was still really nervous for Axl though, that first night. I think that night was one of the best in RNR ever. 

As for ACDC, it's clear theyve done everything to welcome him in. They've obviously been working hard with Axl and giving him support. They seem like a band who are revelling a little bit in their adverse situation, as it should be with rock stars. I love that attitude they have, people don't like it, well screw them! Everyone else gets to join in with a massive party :lol:

They seemed like a band who have been together for years when I saw them. And it was a massive party :lol:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, night prowler said:

some sort of conclusion to what is a task of great magnitude done .... with 100/10 stars given.

I havent had any sort of relationship with axl prior to this other than that he sang on a couple of albums that i have and that afd is a all through amazing album. Lately its perhaps of looking and finding and hearing various covers that they did of ac/dc and finding them .. ok ... and thinking that he sings that with real passion .. he must be a bit of an ac/dc fan ( never known that about him) . And also perhaps pickin up on the odd gossip about him... and all that was about that record that took about a hundred years or so to do ... by the way ... the title track on that is realy good i think.

But..and i dont realy know what to say.... would like to go into some sort of analysing detail of it ... but i quess it will do with: absolutely fuckin awesome brilliant, the sheer professionalism and talent and dedication that it took to pull this of ... To be able to sound and look and feel anfter 9!! NINE!! ... shows ... i say that because i feel that after London they have sounded like a absolutely homogeneous band, its been set , they got it now, its all there, the bits and pieces ... they sound ac/dc-thight and he sings Like Bon and Like Brian but with Axls voice and with that he throws in his own passion for the songs here and there and makes it come to life like it hasnt been in many many years .... i have to say to be honest.

But ... to do all this in nine shows .. stadium gigantic shows on the stage production perhaps the biggest out there ... getting into the band and the boys and all that .. is incredible...nothing else..because you would think when you take on a new band member .. singer!!  ... you perhaps go and do some smaller shows just to get the feel for it all ...  get the band together..He had to do it on the biggest stages there are ...and ifront of a world were many were just waiting and waiting ...and waiting  for him to fuck up ... well he didnt.

And also hats of to ac/dc Angus... Stevie, Chris, and cliff ... The whole ac/dc machine ... who i bet once Angus had made it clear that he wants this guy .. that they took him in and welcomed him  and gave him love and support .... theres just no mistakin it when you see the band on stage ...

so... and therefore ... the sum of it all is that before this i was a ac/dc fan ... they are my band.. allways been ... and now they still are but Axl rose is a singer person and performer that i have a total new relation to ... and its one of admiration and respect ...

and to think that any other singer person people man ...could have done this ... no way ... this was the ONLY  way to do it -.---(thanx angus)

the man is good...and angus is god

Awesome appreciation thread! I hope you get the chance to see Axl with Guns N Roses soon, he's truly unbelievable. 

Axl has done a great job of adapting his style into ACDC. It's like he was talking about in that interview recently, do what you love, take advice but still do it your way....I think he's embodied this in every way on this tour. 

With Axl the negativity has always shown brighter for him but in 2016 he's showing people the charismatic side, the performer side, and in every way has shown people the legendary frontman that we all missed. 

I'm just really happy his hard work is paying off. There's nothing better than being rewarded for what you've put in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I have to admit, I was worried when I found out Axl was going to front ACDC. I knew he would get hate poured on him, and I worried about how the intense media scrutiny would affect him. Let's face it, he's known to suffer badly with nerves and all those years he hid himself away from the media, did not want a repeat of that situation just before reunion. I never ever doubted his ability to sing those songs and front the band. That's why I still bought a ticket to see them as soon as I knew. 

It soon became evident though that ACDC had taken him in, we're looking after him. Those interviews were great. I was still really nervous for Axl though, that first night. I think that night was one of the best in RNR ever. 

As for ACDC, it's clear theyve done everything to welcome him in. They've obviously been working hard with Axl and giving him support. They seem like a band who are revelling a little bit in their adverse situation, as it should be with rock stars. I love that attitude they have, people don't like it, well screw them! Everyone else gets to join in with a massive party :lol:

They seemed like a band who have been together for years when I saw them. And it was a massive party :lol:

"They seem like a band who are revelling a little bit in their adverse situation, as it should be with rock stars"

a whole lot iwould say .... and its sp clear that the blind can see how much this means to angus ... those songs ... you can see..his spirit is lifted ... he must feel great to .. i bet they all do .. they done something realy realy beautifull together... that perhaps only they knew at the beginning ..

• Like 1

And im absolutely sure that they never ever told him do this or that or dont this and that ... they arnt not like that.

chris slade was a bit nervous he has said when he asked about having two basdrums on the side...but he saud the boys just went  "eee...ee" *cigg in the mouth*

you do what you wanna ... just do it right end the right way :)

Its also obvious that hes doin what he wants and his own way ...but naturaly he feels a certain respect for the band .. and he should ... and i think he has shown that in a absolutely magnificant way ... totaly ..

and angus ... perhaps contrary to what some may think ... he is the least ego you find... im sure he just loves it when axl moving around alot and doin his thing....its a bit like Bon ..

and i think it does ...remind him of that time and him ... hard to see how it could not...

Edited by night prowler

57 minutes ago, Hejanne said:

@night prowler This post made me cry - in a public trin on the way home from yesterdays show.

I have been an Axl fan since '91, and I hate it, when people don't see what I see. Reading that he won you over like that is just amazing:wub:

thanx.... but you dont have to cry ... dont you cry ... ;)

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, night prowler said:

some sort of conclusion to what is a task of great magnitude done .... with 100/10 stars given.

I havent had any sort of relationship with axl prior to this other than that he sang on a couple of albums that i have and that afd is a all through amazing album. Lately its perhaps of looking and finding and hearing various covers that they did of ac/dc and finding them .. ok ... and thinking that he sings that with real passion .. he must be a bit of an ac/dc fan ( never known that about him) . And also perhaps pickin up on the odd gossip about him... and all that was about that record that took about a hundred years or so to do ... by the way ... the title track on that is realy good i think.

But..and i dont realy know what to say.... would like to go into some sort of analysing detail of it ... but i quess it will do with: absolutely fuckin awesome brilliant, the sheer professionalism and talent and dedication that it took to pull this of ... To be able to sound and look and feel anfter 9!! NINE!! ... shows ... i say that because i feel that after London they have sounded like a absolutely homogeneous band, its been set , they got it now, its all there, the bits and pieces ... they sound ac/dc-thight and he sings Like Bon and Like Brian but with Axls voice and with that he throws in his own passion for the songs here and there and makes it come to life like it hasnt been in many many years .... i have to say to be honest.

And also hats of to ac/dc Angus... Stevie, Chris, and cliff ... The whole ac/dc machine ... who i bet once Angus had made it clear that he wants this guy .. that they took him in and welcomed him  and gave him love and support .... theres just no mistakin it when you see the band on stage ...

so... and therefore ... the sum of it all is that before this i was a ac/dc fan ... they are my band.. allways been ... and now they still are but Axl rose is a singer person and performer that i have a total new relation to ... and its one of admiration and respect ...

and to think that any other singer person people man ...could have done this ... no way ... this was the ONLY  way to do it -.---(thanx angus)

We should be able to give more than one like to posts like this!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, night prowler said:

And they did .. they did it in nine shows.... make it great

great post! I agree with all of it :)

12 minutes ago, night prowler said:

Honestly ... have only ever been on this  ac/dc stuff ... and frankly ... it scares me what maybe goin on over there... and the level and ....the language...

i dare not wonder over there ....

amen!

:suspicious:

what you mean "the level"?

Dude we're smarter than all guys here together. You're being prejudice.