MYGNR Golf Thread

downzy

Figured there are some members who enjoy playing/watching golf.  

Right now I'm having fun watching the pros make fools of themselves at Oakmont, the site of this year's U.S. open.  It's projected that the winner will be around +5 after the four rounds have been played.  

53 minutes ago, downzy said:

Figured there are some members who enjoy playing/watching golf.  

Right now I'm having fun watching the pros make fools of themselves at Oakmont, the site of this year's U.S. open.  It's projected that the winner will be around +5 after the four rounds have been played.  

I live six minutes away from Oakmont, and my brother works next door to it.  It took me an hour to get him there this morning.  I'll be glad when this tournament is over.

That being said, this should be an ugly Open.  Especially if we get the nasty storms they're expecting this afternoon and they have to play on Monday when it's 90 degrees.  It'll be like putting on a sidewalk.

I love tournaments where the winner is near par or above. Seeing the pros look as dumb as I feel when I play is vindicating. 

Hoping we finally see Phil the Thrill pick up the career slam - unlikely, but stranger things have happened. And on a course like this, you never know. 

McIlroy had an ugly round yesterday.  Thought he might contend.  Speith is still within striking distance.  Saw him two put a 118 foot put on the 15th yesterday.  Can't believe they have a 684 yard par 5.  I'd be lucky to get it there in three.  

I used to get stoned by this golf course by Coulsdon College... (back when I used to go to Coulsdon College).

Even went into it (through a gap in their fence) once or twice..

Edited by Snake-Pit

37 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I used to get stoned by this golf course by Coulsdon College... (back when I used to go to Coulsdon College).

Even went into it (through a gap in their fence) once or twice..

Ok Snakes lets go, I don't think this is a thread for us mate, come on boy I'll meet you in the one you did about inventions. Sorry Downzy I'll have him out of here in a sec and we'll be on our way. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Ok Snakes lets go, I don't think this is a thread for us mate, come on boy I'll meet you in the one you did about inventions. Sorry Downzy I'll have him out of here in a sec and we'll be on our way. 

I used to get pissed with my mate who liked golf to this place called Top Golf with these nets sort of like the nets you get for cricket, it aint as easy as it looks yknow.  Turned up there thinkin' 'i'm gonna fuckin' leather this fuckin' ball right the way to fuckin' Mars right, went up to it, legs apart, got a good grip on the club and swung like a fuckin' champion...missed and nearly floored myself.  Tried again...and again...and again :lol:. Ended up i just kept the club right by the ball, only pulled it back a couple of feet and then put some arse in it and actually managed to hit it.  To be fair it still went a reasonable distance.

8 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I used to get pissed with my mate who liked golf to this place called Top Golf with these nets sort of like the nets you get for cricket, it aint as easy as it looks yknow.  Turned up there thinkin' 'i'm gonna fuckin' leather this fuckin' ball right the way to fuckin' Mars right, went up to it, legs apart, got a good grip on the club and swung like a fuckin' champion...missed and nearly floored myself.  Tried again...and again...and again :lol:. Ended up i just kept the club right by the ball, only pulled it back a couple of feet and then put some arse in it and actually managed to hit it.  To be fair it still went a reasonable distance.

I'm surprised they let you through the front gate to be honest :lol: I got hit on the head pretty badly by a golf ball once but that was on a council estate not a golf course :lol: