Could this be the beginning of everything..?

Just now, dalsh327 said:

I wonder who his replacement list was. 

Ron did find a guy, it was posted on here a few months ago, Ron had contacted him, I guess he was from South America, but I am not really sure. But the "Management" din't agree cause well the reunion was going to happen, but Ron just tried to help cause he din't wanted to leave them hanging in the middle. 

On September 14, 2016 at 2:46 AM, RooSaa said:

In June 2015 Frank Ferrar said in an interview:

"I don't know exactly what went down between those two but I haven't met Slash, he hasn't been around and he's not really welcome in the camp since I've been around."

So if Slash wasnt welcomed in June 2015, then the reunion talks have to be later???

Interesting thread they've got going here...Frank's quote almost  sounds coy as if maybe he's doing a hell of good job of throwing focus off of what was to come about...?

originally, or most recently, wasn't the not in this life time thing a quote from grand Torino?  To the minister.  They should of played that once again.

"Not really welcome in the camp."

Good lord. Slash has worked with everybody, and they've all talked about his humility, professionalism and work ethic. The only people who seemed to have had this dark, ominous perception of him were the hired hands. They act as if he's an uncle who isn't allowed to come around the family because he molested one of the nephews. Such strange behavior.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

In 2014 none of them knew its going to happen, they just heard rumblings from people behind the scenes. I guess thats time things were being negotiated between the 3 of them. 

As other members were basically hired hands, they can be fired/hired or not even get the call. I guess thats what happened with Tommy, but I guess he had already lost interest in GNR by that time. But he said last year if he gets the call, then he will be there.

I guess Dizzy, Fortus and Frank were only informed about this in December 2015. Yeah they would have heard it from the crew and all, but I guess the official agreement for them would have been signed by December. 

Frank knew something was up when ashba left. Nothing was signed but they gave the same old "yeah next year is gonna be the biggest year in GNR history" which is an actual fortus quote from about a year ago. I think they knew it was going to happen for awhile.. Plus everyone was silent for awhile which is just typical for GNR. 

Anyways, not disagreeing with what you said, just the timeline of everyone knowing. Stinson seemed to want out for awhile but being so close to Axl I think he wanted to just slowly ease out of the thing. That interview you mention, he said if they called hed "consider it". That's not promising from your bass player. There's a lot of evidence that bumblefoot wanted out for awhile regardless. I really think ashba probably caught wind of Axl and slash mending fences and said see ya at that point, just because him leaving the band was completely out of left field at the time. 

Edited by Billsfan

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Frank knew something was up when ashba left. Nothing was signed but they gave the same old "yeah next year is gonna be the biggest year in GNR history" which is an actual fortus quote from about a year ago. I think they knew it was going to happen for awhile.. Plus everyone was silent for awhile which is just typical for GNR. 

Anyways, not disagreeing with what you said, just the timeline of everyone knowing. Stinson seemed to want out for awhile but being so close to Axl I think he wanted to just slowly ease out of the thing. That interview you mention, he said if they called hed "consider it". That's not promising from your bass player. There's a lot of evidence that bumblefoot wanted out for awhile regardless. I really think ashba probably caught wind of Axl and slash mending fences and said see ya at that point, just because him leaving the band was completely out of left field at the time. 

Ron wanted to leave regardless the reunion. Thats why he offered his replacement. 

For Ashba, he would have heard too, but he had some hope that a new album will be out, but well he got no response, so I assume he got fed up and left to just concentrate in Sixx AM. 

Well Fortus  says the same shit every year.

Basically Axl's solo bands last show was in 2014 where it basically ended. Ron left, Ashba left. Tommy has no problem returning to the band. 

Now this Guns N' Roses is basically handled by Axl, Slash, Duff. In which they hired Dizzy, Fortus and Frank.

So if Fortus, Dizzy, Frank are owed money like Pitman, then Axl's old business owes them and not this Guns N' Roses. 

On 9/15/2016 at 3:24 AM, F*ck Fear said:

Just a question.

When Axl was asked by TMZ about a reunion and his rebutal was "Not in this lifetime" this was in 2014 correct? It's possible things were already being discussed?

2012 and probably was in Axl's mind a lot time before that I guess.

I think things were being discussed since 2014.

He wanted his band to move forward in 2012, just read his HOF letter. But I guess by 2014 he realized that it was a complete failure and whatever he does people will leave his band. 

What lead to this tour happening is probably one of the most fascinating questions about this band. It probably wasn't straight forward or simple (nothing to do with this band is).

I'd guess the rumors and "rumblings" the industry people were hearing about the reunion probably started long before the reunion of Axl & Slash was even close to coming for fruition. Axl granted his people the okay to look into the possibility and that might be when people's ears started to perk up. The wheels of reconciliation probably started turning even long before that with the signing to release the DVDs as being part of it.

16 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

"Not really welcome in the camp."

Good lord. Slash has worked with everybody, and they've all talked about his humility, professionalism and work ethic. The only people who seemed to have had this dark, ominous perception of him were the hired hands. They act as if he's an uncle who isn't allowed to come around the family because he molested one of the nephews. Such strange behavior.

Agree, People who worked with Slash usually have always kind and nice words to say about him.

I always thought that Frank was more reffering to Team Brazil and Axl? As they never had nice words for Slash or wanted him to be around them ... (before Slash and Axl started talking again).