If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

For some reason this tune reminds me of a time when I was sitting in this redneck bar in KS close to 20 years ago. I was sitting there minding my own, having a cold one. Some day laborer looking meth head type was sitting to my left, with his girl, who really looked better than to be with him. Anyway, this fucker out if the blue throws a square glass ash tray at me from about 15 ft away. Fuckin put a hole in the wall, (wood paneling, classy joint)... I wasn't much known in that joint, but luckily he was, and not for the good. He got thrown out, I got fucked up, and it's all good... anyway, I have no idea why this song reminds me of that... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

For some reason this tune reminds me of a time when I was sitting in this redneck bar in KS close to 20 years ago. I was sitting there minding my own, having a cold one. Some day laborer looking meth head type was sitting to my left, with his girl, who really looked better than to be with him. Anyway, this fucker out if the blue throws a square glass ash tray at me from about 15 ft away. Fuckin put a hole in the wall, (wood paneling, classy joint)... I wasn't much known in that joint, but luckily he was, and not for the good. He got thrown out, I got fucked up, and it's all good... anyway, I have no idea why this song reminds me of that... 

If that story ain't country :lol: and I see you're getting into that Whitey Morgan. Good tune.

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah- I actually bought his album Sonic Ranch yesterday. I like it. Also got Sturgill, Tyler Childers and Chris Stapleton latest...

The country thread expects a full review on these.

• Like 1

I think AJ is taking a little shot here at all the new cats singing about dirt roads and how it's one big party and always talking about life on the dirt road. I'm picking up what he's laying down. He really nails the bluegrass sound too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@Whiskey Rose oh just the usual country song type of stuff... mostly things like ignoring the good ones who just wanted to settle me down, while chasing the wild ones who just had me spinning my wheels... I've already alluded to a situation that led me to move halfway across the country as well... :lol: 

How about you? 

Oh, a lady never tells :P But I guess the very same, minus your "alluded to" situation, lol. 

Also, @J Dog what exactly is considered bluegrass? I think that is what im drawn to..with lots of fast banjos? I'm finding i really really like the sound of a banjo. 

14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I think AJ is taking a little shot here at all the new cats singing about dirt roads and how it's one big party and always talking about life on the dirt road. I'm picking up what he's laying down. He really nails the bluegrass sound too.

That's a good tune man. And it's true- I lived on a gravel road in KS for about 10 years, and that fuckin dust starts to drive you insane! :lol: They chip sealed it the last couple years I lived there, and it was like a fuckin miracle! 

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

That's a good tune man. And it's true- I lived on a gravel road in KS for about 10 years, and that fuckin dust starts to drive you insane! :lol: They chip sealed it the last couple years I lived there, and it was like a fuckin miracle! 

Yeah. A dry ass bumpy ass dirt road can be hell and so can a deep rut muddy dirt road too. I just find it funny every single one of the new guys has at least one song with dirt road in the title, and AJ comes one called Blacktop.

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh, a lady never tells :P But I guess the very same, minus your "alluded to" situation, lol. 

Also, @J Dog what exactly is considered bluegrass? I think that is what im drawn to..with lots of fast banjos? I'm finding i really really like the sound of a banjo. 

Banjo, fiddle, some fast pickin but that's not a must. Usually foot stompin music. Look for those background vocals like on the chorus of Blacktop.

This is always a great recent example.

You know I had to add some Hank III. Lots of his stuff has a borderline bluegrassy type of feel.