Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

There’s a lot of love for Izzy, I swear I have not seen one picture of the GnR gang retweeted so much in such a short time as the Izzy Palm Springs pic. Stevie Salas must have retweeted 4 times. 😀

I’m wondering do you think Izzy turned up coincidentaly, the films not new or maybe an indication of work with Matt or Stevie Salas? 

I want to know these things I hate suspense. 

Just now, Archtop said:

There’s a lot of love for Izzy, I swear I have not seen one picture of the GnR gang retweeted so much in such a short time as the Izzy Palm Springs pic. Stevie Salas must have retweeted 4 times. 😀

I’m wondering do you think Izzy turned up coincidentaly, the films not new or maybe an indication of work with Matt or Stevie Salas? 

My initial thoughts were maybe he and Matt were working on something? But the way Matt worded his posts, he seemed just as surprised as we were to see Izzy. Same with Stevie Salas. :lol:

Even if they aren't working on anything I hope Matt convinces Izzy to play with the Hollywood Vampires sometime. And please dear god let somebody with a nice camera film it! :ph34r:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I always think Izzy has a plan when he appears in public. :ph34r: 

Stevie said it was great seeing Izzy "after all this time" so it appears they coincidentally met there. Same with Matt.

Just now, Zoot said:

My initial thoughts were maybe he and Matt were working on something? But the way Matt worded his posts, he seemed just as surprised as we were to see Izzy. Same with Stevie Salas. :lol:

Even if they aren't working on anything I hope Matt convinces Izzy to play with the Hollywood Vampires sometime. And please dear god let somebody with a nice camera film it! :ph34r:

You bet me in answering :D 

I just found out today that Palm Springs is 200 miles from Ojai? That's a long way. What was he doing there? Did he happen to be in PS and then thought, "Let's go to some international film festival with tons of celebrities I probably don't know the name of?" What is the Iz doinnng? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

You bet me in answering :D 

I just found out today that Palm Springs is 200 miles from Ojai? That's a long way. What was he doing there? Did he happen to be in PS and then thought, "Let's go to some international film festival with tons of celebrities I probably don't know the name of?" What is the Iz doinnng? 

Its a big vacation spot so maybe he was just hangin' out. :lol: There's also a big raceway there so maybe something was going on there? :shrugs:

Yeah, I got that Stevie seemed surprised, just seems like a very public thing for him to do, and yes a long way, If he was interested in the film why go to a screening with press, if his touching bases with Salas it has to be about music, why not go to the gig his doing in January it’s closer? 🎵🎶 

Note to self to calm down, the GnR guys have never lived up to expectation. New Izzy album would be amazing 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Its a big vacation spot so maybe he was just hangin' out. :lol: There's also a big raceway there so maybe something was going on there? :shrugs:

Fair enough. Sounds all Izzy to me.  But why go to an event with lots of famous people and lots of cameras  That is so unlike him.  He has never ever done that before

8 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Yeah, I got that Stevie seemed surprised, just seems like a very public thing for him to do, and yes a long way, If he was interested in the film why go to a screening with press, if his touching bases with Salas it has to be about music, why not go to the gig his doing in January it’s closer? 🎵🎶 

Note to self to calm down, the GnR guys have never lived up to expectation. New Izzy album would be amazing 😉 

giphy.gif

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Remember the last time he did something like this he also tweeted out this

Do you think that was in response to us always freaking out? :lol:

When did he post this and when did he do something similar to attending a film festival and what was it???? :o

Also I don't get how is this thing is adressed to his fans. I'm hungry, can't think. Please explain. Thank you. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Tori72

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

When did he post this and when did he do something similar to attending a film festival and what was it???? :o

Also I don't get how is this thing is adressed to his fans. I'm hungry, can't think. Please explain. Thank you. :rofl-lol:

It was when he first opened the twitter account and that huge thread was going on & questioning if it was the real Izzy or not. A few of us were joking around saying "nobody move or we'll scare him off". He tweeted that video and the stradlin identity picture shortly after :lol:

Just now, Zoot said:

It was when he first opened the twitter account and that huge thread was going on & questioning if it was the real Izzy or not. A few of us were joking around saying "nobody move or we'll scare him off". He tweeted that video and the stradlin identity picture shortly after :lol:

Hahahahhaa So he was actually assuring fans he wouldn't go anywhere? Right? Or what is the joke? lol Still hungry, sorry.

The Stradlin identity pic was the one from the Rolling Stone concert, wasn't it? Which was no proof because it was to old and so on. Or which pic?

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Hahahahhaa So he was actually assuring fans he wouldn't go anywhere? Right? Or what is the joke? lol Still hungry, sorry.

I think he was making fun of us for being paranoid and trying to keep him on twitter. :lol: Have you never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? :shocked: We need a movie club to go along with our GNR book club.

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The Stradlin identity pic was the one from the Rolling Stone concert, wasn't it? Which was no proof because it was to old and so on. Or which pic?

This is the Stradlin Identity pic

CcjERlHW4AAsZ_m.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zoot said:

I think he was making fun of us for being paranoid and trying to keep him on twitter. :lol: Have you never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? :shocked: We need a movie club to go along with our GNR book club.

CcjERlHW4AAsZ_m.jpg

OMG of course! How could I forget? That also was proof he read here. 

59 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Yeah maybe Stevie Salas invited him but didn't expect him to come coz he never does that's why he seemed surprised

Likely too. Jeez, I really wanna find out :)

13 hours ago, Zoot said:

I think he was making fun of us for being paranoid and trying to keep him on twitter. :lol: Have you never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? :shocked:We need a movie club to go along with our GNR book club.

CcjERlHW4AAsZ_m.jpg

I'd honestly participate in that more because I watch more movies than I read books nowadays.

4 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

I wonder if Izzy gets entertained by this thread. At least he has a sense of humor about things. Lol.

On that note: Please don't venture into the Women's Thread, Izzy. You'd be traumatized.

I hope he wouldn't be too weirded out and I hope he can feel the love.

• Like 1

Hi...This is my first post here, and it was great to discover this thread about Izzy.

And to see that recent photo of him at the film festival. 

I just wondered if anyone could tell me anything about the Trance Mission track on the Ride On album. I've often wondered which instruments are being played, and who is playing what.... And was it written solely by Izzy? Has he ever played it live? I thought I once saw that he'd played it in Japan?

Thank you!

• Like 2

Izzy-Stradlin.jpg

I saw this on the Daily Mirror site. It's an article about GnR and what they look like now :facepalm: 

It's from June 2016 

Izzy Stradlin

Fans will be hoping the guitarist - who still looks as effortlessly cool as ever - will be part of the comeback shows.

It's not yet known if Izzy will be part of this year's reunion, although he has rejoined the group three times following his 1991 departure.

Over the years, he's released material both as a solo artist, and as Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Claudia333 said:

Hi...This is my first post here, and it was great to discover this thread about Izzy.

And to see that recent photo of him at the film festival. 

I just wondered if anyone could tell me anything about the Trance Mission track on the Ride On album. I've often wondered which instruments are being played, and who is playing what.... And was it written solely by Izzy? Has he ever played it live? I thought I once saw that he'd played it in Japan?

Thank you!

Welcome, Claudia!

As far as I know, Izzy himself plays the sitar on Trance Mission (presumably a proper sitar this time, not like the one he reportedly rigged up during his GN’R days).

Great that you’re here  :hug:

• Haha 1

Hmmm, what other Izzy instrumentals are there? (I feel a playlist coming on...) There’s Smoke (Smoke), Grunt (117 degrees), Harp Song (Fire), Trance Mission, and the last one on Ju Ju Hounds, what’s it called.. 

Edited by Boogs
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Boogs said:

Hmmm, what other Izzy instrumentals are there? (I feel a playlist coming on...) There’s Smoke (Smoke), Grunt (117 degrees), Harp Song (Fire), Trance Mission, and the last one on Ju Ju Hounds, what’s it called.. 

Morning Tea... I love that

And yes! A playlist... Great idea

• Thanks 1