Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

9 minutes ago, Zoot said:

At 1:19:00 he starts talking about what Slash said about Izzy not being on the tour. Pretty much confirms everything we already thought. <_<

Oh yes, indeed! Interesting. Slash, Duff and Axl screwed Izzy over. :max:

At least the fan wasn't stalking like Art was.

Hey, also! Wasn't it Vegas also when the manicurist met Izzy? So the dude's meeting all those fans to who he is super important. What a weird life famous people have. I guess it's a burden but they also have great reason to feel blessed

On 12/01/2018 at 9:40 AM, Claudia333 said:

Just curious, but after Izzy started self-releasing his albums (to iTunes?)... Were there no actual CDs released?

Or were there a handful of "physical copies"?

Bringing this back up again - @Claudia333, this it what it says on Izzy's Wikipedia page:

"In 2003, Stradlin recorded his sixth album, Like a Dog, with guitarist Rick Richards, drummer Taz Bentley, and bassist JT Longoria. It was originally scheduled for a late 2003 release, with just under one thousand promo copies made.[23] However, the album was not released until October 2005, when Stradlin—prompted by a fan petition[24]—made it available through internet order."

From then on, it was all iTunes.

I would love to know details of that fan petition; wonder if anybody here was involved?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boogs said:

Bringing this back up again - @Claudia333, this it what it says on Izzy's Wikipedia page:

"In 2003, Stradlin recorded his sixth album, Like a Dog, with guitarist Rick Richards, drummer Taz Bentley, and bassist JT Longoria. It was originally scheduled for a late 2003 release, with just under one thousand promo copies made.[23] However, the album was not released until October 2005, when Stradlin—prompted by a fan petition[24]—made it available through internet order."

From then on, it was all iTunes.

I would love to know details of that fan petition; wonder if anybody here was involved?

I would love to know those details too. I vaguely recall reading about it before... Might just have been that same Wikipedia link though.

I've often ended up down "GnR internet rabbit holes" over the years :lol:

So based on that then, does that mean there are 1000 physical copies of the Like a Dog album out there somewhere?

And also, why the 2 year delay with the album?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

So peeps, did I get this right? Did one of the hosts said in the interview, that Beta said Izzy was married? They talk all on the same time and I cannot understand...?

They said Arlett Vereecke said Izzy is married. They said it in such weird way though. Like it was some kind of scandal or big secret. So maybe they're unsure? :lol:

Either way. I'm happy for him if he is. :shrugs:

Edited by Zoot
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zoot said:

They said Arlett Vereecke said Izzy is married. They said it in such weird way though. Like it was some kind of scandal or big secret. :lol: I'm happy for him if he is. :shrugs:

Yeah right? :lol: I got the secrecy vibe about it. So Arlett said that? Not in the interview we saw, if I recall correctly. I hope for Izzy that he's happily married! I want this man to be as happy as bloody possible. I bet she is very cool-spirited and pretty. Now I'm dying to know who she is. Guess I'll never know :lol:

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2018 at 11:38 AM, Tori72 said:

Music or an interview or a video from his garden shed for all I care. 

I second this. The covers from his garden and studio were so cool. Wish he could post more of those. C'mon, Izzy, you know you want too :P 

19 hours ago, Zoot said:

At 1:19:00 he starts talking about what Slash said about Izzy not being on the tour. Pretty much confirms everything we already thought. <_<

Thanks for pointing that out and for posting the video. Greedy fuckers :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Zoot said:

And with that our head witch has returned :rofl-lol:

She was waiting for an opportunity like this one to come back :P We need to find the trigger to bring back @Darkenchantress and @Jane M. also :cry:

Welcome back home, @SerenityScorp! How have you been, lady? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dgnr said:

I second this. The covers from his garden and studio were so cool. Wish he could post more of those. C'mon, Izzy, you know you want too :P 

Thanks for pointing that out and for posting the video. Greedy fuckers :rolleyes:

She was waiting for an opportunity like this one to come back :P We need to find the trigger to bring back @Darkenchantress and @Jane M. also :cry:

Welcome back home, @SerenityScorp! How have you been, lady? 

Good,  Better than the old one

I feel welcomed!

uslwBFtrn6axrzlMflqRG7_kNv1hQ9Sp64_hV0X4

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

and gone again!! 

N'back again!!! 

Am I missing something? 

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Our Izzy, who art in thine garden shed,

Hallowed be thy tunes

Thy Gibson Guitar, thy Marshall amp,

will be onstage and us in heaven. 

Give us this day more Izzy tunes,

forgive those who understand Izzy not, 

and lead us not into nuGNR tunes but

deliver us from shit amen.

This! Hilarious :lol:

1 minute ago, Powderfinger said:

Hallowed be thy tunes

Just read that in the tune the original prayer is usually spoken in. 

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Hallowed be thy tunes

Gonna put this on the first page

• Haha 1