Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

For those who don't go to the main forum :)

http://gnrcentral.com/2018/01/23/guns-n-roses-central-exclusive-nigel-dick-interview/

19. When you saw the videos for November Rain and Don’t Cry in the early 90’s were you surprised to see the grand scale of them or did you know that this is the direction Guns N’ Roses was heading?

I’d heard that Izzy was leaving the band and, to my surprise, he rang me up one day. He told me that Axl was wanting to spend thousands and thousands on videos and he was against it and had quit. I was certainly a bit upset because the vids I made were all relatively cheap and built the band. Then when the big bucks arrived I was history. I’m used to it now. It’s happened many, many times!

Just now, annabanana said:

For those who don't go to the main forum :)

http://gnrcentral.com/2018/01/23/guns-n-roses-central-exclusive-nigel-dick-interview/

19. When you saw the videos for November Rain and Don’t Cry in the early 90’s were you surprised to see the grand scale of them or did you know that this is the direction Guns N’ Roses was heading?

I’d heard that Izzy was leaving the band and, to my surprise, he rang me up one day. He told me that Axl was wanting to spend thousands and thousands on videos and he was against it and had quit. I was certainly a bit upset because the vids I made were all relatively cheap and built the band. Then when the big bucks arrived I was history. I’m used to it now. It’s happened many, many times!

Thanks for that, Anna! :hug: Interesting interview altogether.  How unfriendly Axl was to Nigel....

I just love the fact that Izzy was so nice to call him and tell him what went down. Such a loyal and straight forward thing to do. After getting sober Izzy seems to have become such a good person. :wub:

• Like 1

I might be a little pushy but been spoiled with Izzy’s posts but January is almost over with and he has tweeted yet.. please Izzy tweet.. this is the last weekend of the month..

maybe his latest appearance is his January post  on Twitter

Steven Adler is showing up 3 shows this coming tour.. he said in a recent interview.. hope Izzy does to but will be upset I can’t make it

please izzy post I am going through withdrawal..

please also post playing guitar from your house.. I can’t stop watching stuck in the middle..

1 hour ago, Miss_Wharton said:

Hello everyone - I'm new to this forum and signed up purely for this  Izzy appreciation thread. Like most, I'd love to see him play with GNR again in the right circumstances but I honestly would just prefer some new music from Izzy as well as a solo show(s) somewhere in the world (my credit card is poised and waiting) - I'd love to see him live again.

Anyway - hello! 

Sara :)

Welcome Sara! :lol:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

its another option of a classic shoot. Look at him..isn't he gorgeous there? :wub::wub:lookj this band!whatever happened these 5 guys change my youth!

Jesus, he looks so goddamn fine!! The other 4 look like regular rock n' rollers, which is not bad, not bad at all, but Stradlin looks sooooo cool :drool: How does he do it? :P 

• Like 1

Just now, dgnr said:

Jesus, he looks so goddamn fine!! The other 4 look like regular rock n' rollers, which is not bad, not bad at all, but Stradlin looks sooooo cool :drool: How does he do it? :P 

it's a great photo!he looks so beautiful! i find everybody perfect here! lucky chicks of 80s

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yes, they are! Am I the only one staring at his lips...? :wub::wub:

no you are not!probably one of his best photos!:wub:

3 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

No. I saw that pic days ago and can't stop staring at his lips. :wub:

Sorry, I was selfish and lazy and didn't post the pic here when I first saw it. :smiley-confused2:

this thread is so izzy stradlin!:lol:

• Haha 1

Arpopos fanny pack. Roxana told me on twitter she knows a lot but cannot tell because she'd get killed. People seemed to take her literally on the getting killed part. Is this some language translation problem I have there? I didn't take it literally but I understand she cannot talk because - whatever - personal rights, privacy etc.

Edited by Tori72

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Arpopos fanny pack. Roxana told me on twitter she knows a lot but cannot tell because she'd get killed. People seemed to take her literally on the getting killed part. Is this some language translation problem I have there? I didn't take it literally but I understand she cannot talk because - whatever - personal rights, privacy etc.

No it's just people being too serious. I jokingly say stuff like that all the time and never mean it literally and I doubt she did either.

Just noticed a lot of Izzy’s discography has been taken off iTunes in the UK what about state side?

I think Roxana just likes being melodramatic and probably knows very little about Izzy. She really wasn’t around him and when she was he was travelling with his girlfriend and step daughter. How bad can it be?

• Like 2