Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

Just copied this from the other thread, it,s bloody irritating having several Izzy threads going at once, if they kept one open covering all thing Izzy in the main thread wouldn't, all people use it?

Call me the Breeze has really grown on me, I wasnt sure to begin with, the change in tempo from other versions I have listened too, kept  me waiting for Ricks guitar to kick in. Izzy's and Lauren's vocals are great I wonder if he was out of his comfort zone doing this, is it the first time his done a male/ female duet? 

Hating myself for bring in a GnR comparison to his solo work, but why does the song remind me really badly of You ain't the first?

On 25/12/2016 at 6:22 PM, Frey said:

What? What are you guys talking about?

I think they were talking about what was going on in the thread for the cover song Izzy recently recorded.

:shrugs:

...won't say what I think about it cuz frankly the Izzy fans here scare me and I'm just not in the mood for wank...

Edited by KiraMPD

5 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

I think they were talking about what was going on in the thread for the cover song Izzy recently recorded.

...won't say what I think about it cuz frankly the Izzy fans here scare me and I'm just not in the mood for wank...

Most of us don't bite. :P I don't really care if people don't agree or don't like his stuff. Different strokes for different folks. It's the whole bashing him just because he didn't do the reunion tour that gets under my skin.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Most of us don't bite. :P I don't really care if people don't agree or don't like his stuff. Different strokes for different folks. It's the whole bashing him just because he didn't do the reunion tour that gets under my skin.

Yeah, exactly. I find it a little absurd to get into a thread to just spread the hate using the same arguments once and again and again. It's tiring and is normal that people who are trying to enjoy said thread got on their nerves.

And sorry if I scare someone. I have a soft spot for that Stradlin guy and it's really difficult for me to just stay quiet when someone tries to underestimate his contributions to GnR  :shrugs:

• Like 1

I have a new year's resolution that doesn't involve money or losing weight. I'm gonna try my best to ignore clowns, assholes and dumbasses. 

And because this thread is about the Messiah and not my resolutions I'm gonna drop these (that are new at least to me):

IMG_4578.PNGIMG_4579.PNGIMG_4580.PNGIMG_4581.PNGIMG_4582.PNG

Full credit goes to Izzy Stradlin Mexico fanpage. Thank you to the lovely girls over there:thumbsup:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

Ah thanks for shedding some light on this for me. I didn't even read that thread when I saw it was started by the guy whose entire posting history seems to consist of cringeworthy, trying-too-hard sarcasm and over-simplifications.

I did read it now though, and I agree with you, the Izzy fanatics are scary. They're always quick to condem and point out any flaw in Slash/Axl/Duff (with or without proof and with a huge penchant for over-simplifying things to a ridiculous level), but as soon as anyone dares to say anything negative about Izzy, the same 6 or so people will come down on you. That's why I don't even bother commenting on Izzy threads anymore most of the time, despite the fact that I love the guy and am interested in what he's doing (though I haven't been impressed by his recent efforts). And since this is the ultimate Izzy thread full of terrifying Izzy fans I'm gonna shut up now, this is really not the place for this and I'm not in the mood to argue either.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Yeah... I love Izzy too! I mean, look at my profile pic and my sig!

But I can't solely blame Izzy fans either. Some people that have posted on Izzy threads have been a little out of order, which in turn makes Izzy fans defensive so when anyone else comes along with criticism they put them in the same box as the trolls. In general, the first people to post wank on a thread ruin the conversation for the rest of us.

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

Ah thanks for shedding some light on this for me. I didn't even read that thread when I saw it was started by the guy whose entire posting history seems to consist of cringeworthy, trying-too-hard sarcasm and over-simplifications.

I did read it now though, and I agree with you, the Izzy fanatics are scary. They're always quick to condem and point out any flaw in Slash/Axl/Duff (with or without proof and with a huge penchant for over-simplifying things to a ridiculous level), but as soon as anyone dares to say anything negative about Izzy, the same 6 or so people will come down on you. That's why I don't even bother commenting on Izzy threads anymore most of the time, despite the fact that I love the guy and am interested in what he's doing (though I haven't been impressed by his recent efforts). And since this is the ultimate Izzy thread full of terrifying Izzy fans I'm gonna shut up now, this is really not the place for this and I'm not in the mood to argue either.

Honestly, if you aren't trying to argue then why post these here? PM each other. Blanket statements are always going to start arguments. We have already said that we have no issue with Axl or Slash fans. It's the people trolling that gets old. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Honestly, if you aren't trying to argue then why post these here? PM each other. Blanket statements are always going to start arguments. We have already said that we have no issue with Axl or Slash fans. It's the people trolling that gets old. 

Yeah, only that I didn't even see any real trolling in the above-mentioned thread, just people saying they didn't like the cover and thought it was uninspired. If it's supposed to be a discussion thread, people are going to share negative opinions too (I myself think the song is boring and uninspired as well) and if it was only supposed to be a "let's gush over Izzy's new song thread" that probably should have been stated somewhere or the thread presented in such a way. Either way, I didn't see any real trolling, maybe it was bordering on trolling, but it certainly wasn't anything worse than what people say about Axl/Slash/Duff in basically every other thread. And yet, the Izzy hive-mind came down upon the  dissenting people and the thread dissolved into the same old boring drama again.

But it's pointless to argue about this, most of the people in this thread will always swing from Izzy's balls, just like the Axl nutswingers will always swing from Axl's and Slash's adoring fans will swing from his. It's just getting kind of old and I wish people would see things from more neutral and nuanced perspectives.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, only that I didn't even see any real trolling in the above-mentioned thread, just people saying they didn't like the cover and thought it was uninspired. If it's supposed to be a discussion thread, people are going to share negative opinions too (I myself think the song is boring and uninspired as well) and if it was only supposed to be a "let's gush over Izzy's new song thread" that probably should have been stated somewhere or the thread presented in such a way. Either way, I didn't see any real trolling, maybe it was bordering on trolling, but it certainly wasn't anything worse than what people say about Axl/Slash/Duff in basically every other thread. And yet, the Izzy hive-mind came down upon the  dissenting people and the thread dissolved into the same old boring drama again.

But it's pointless to argue about this, most of the people in this thread will always swing from Izzy's balls, just like the Axl nutswingers will always swing from Axl's and Slash's adoring fans will swing from his. It's just getting kind of old and I wish people would see things from more neutral and nuanced perspectives.

I wasn't trying to argue with you but you have to see if from my perspective too. Getting called an Izzy fanatic or being told you scare people is always going to be a shitty thing to hear. I for one never intended to do that. Izzy fans really don't have anywhere else to talk about his work except for this forum. And every time we try to talk about his music, the reunion or GNR crap gets brought up and used as an insult towards his solo work. It gets old very quickly. If you don't like the song then that's fine but hating the song because Izzy refused to do the reunion is just trolling in my opinion. I'm a bigger fan of Izzy's solo work than the other GNR members but that doesn't mean I don't see his faults or automatically like everything he puts out. :shrugs:

Anyway, like you said there is no point in arguing so once again sorry if my comments in this or previous threads offended you. That was not my intentions in any way shape or form.

Edited by Kris_1989

4 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I've been reading Watch you bleed by Stephen Davis and there's that interview from the early days with very pissed off Izzy that was hilarious (well, I guess not so much for the interviewer :lol:)

I feel so sorry for Slash for having to put up with Izzy's shitty  mood :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: ya gotta love Izzy...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I've been reading Watch you bleed by Stephen Davis and there's that interview from the early days with very pissed off Izzy that was hilarious (well, I guess not so much for the interviewer :lol:)

I feel so sorry for Slash for having to put up with Izzy's shitty  mood :rofl-lol:

And the reporter. They were all such jerks back then. lol Crazy how much they have all changed and mellowed out. Hell, Axl even smiles now and seems the happiest on stage. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

And the reporter. They were all such jerks back then. lol Crazy how much they have all changed and mellowed out. Hell, Axl even smiles now and seems the happiest on stage. 

Yeah, the poor girl I really feel for her I think they broke her recording machine and all. They were a bunch of assholes, very talented and i love them,  but assholes anyway :P

• Like 1

I agree 100% with everything @Frey said in this thread. Exactly what I'm thinking.

I had been visiting this forum as a guest for a long period before I joined and there were always those people

making very nagative posts about Axl or even GN'R all the time (well before the reunion was announced).

It was funny when I later realized that almost everyone of them are Izzy fans.

I will always like Izzy and I really want to see him back in GN'R, even though some Izzy fans in this forum try really hard to make me change my mind...