Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

2 hours ago, TheKillerQueen said:

I have to do 24 pages of anatomy drawings for monday yet here I am, losing my mind because Izzy tweeted. THANKS ME  :max::dance:

Btw so in the end no thread? Everything discussed here? I do think is better because then it won't die like many other Izzy threads, but I worry we will stop or forget about it if we have more Izzy news. 

Are You an art student? 

15 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

There you have it!!!

tumblr_oyx6fsZqv41wsljrxo1_400.png

:headbang:

Let the speculation begin! 

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Are You an art student? 

Makes my night... please post more.. ( more and 1) but I guess we will get what we get can I can’t complain he is tweeting..

i would love it if he tweets out this song is for the no gang.. 

What speculations?? I am confused can you clarify it for me?  I haven’t been on for a while so maybe something was said in older thread..

17 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

What speculations?? I am confused can you clarify it for me?  I haven’t been on for a while so maybe something was said in older thread..

When he posted the cover for Love Hurts there was some speculations if he was hearbroken or if the song was for Axl because is his fav song, etc :lol:

40 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Are You an art student? 

Yes. My first year , three months in and I'm already stressed beyond belief :violin:Is a masochistic passion

----

This man confuses me. When he made his twitter account I was like "OH YES! No more speculations or fake rumours! Everything will be clear!!"

I was SOO innocent back then... :suspicious:

• Like 1

Damn, I don't think I've heard that before but I'm confused because these guys I think strongly influenced The Black Crowes.

a really good song. I want more! Izzy has great taste in music , I want to learn more good music .  

Edit: now I'm thinking I have heard this when I used to listen to the radio back in the day. It's familiar but new, do you guys know this song? 

Edited by Pishy

Just now, Boogs said:

Can anybody tell me what’s going on in the actual videos? After waiting all day to see these “interesting videos”, I can’t access either of them from the UK. Bummer. 

I can't access them in the US either from his link, you hsve to go to YouTube and try searching it again . Maybe that will work 

for 30 days in the hole, the band is playing , a guy gets down with the harmonica, it's clips from a performance then some stills  

IMG_0057.PNG

IMG_0059.PNG

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Boogs said:

Can anybody tell me what’s going on in the actual videos? After waiting all day to see these “interesting videos”, I can’t access either of them from the UK. Bummer. 

I saw someone on the comments of his first tweet of the day (the T. Rex one) giving some tips to UK users that cannot see the videos. I don't know what the problem is with UK users though.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, downliner said:

The singer in that 20% Discount Band is great :)

I dunno, @downliner - I always thought the point of doing a cover was to give it your own imprint, make it sound a little different.

When I first saw the video, I thought the guy on the mic was just lip-syncing, it sounded too exact to the original, and we don’t really get to see the guy’s mouth and throat moving. Plus they’re not native English speakers, so how does he get the words so right?

Anyway don’t mind me, I’m just grumpy because I can’t see Izzy’s earlier favourite videos. At least this third one is viewable in the UK. 

Let’s have another, Izzy. 

3 minutes ago, Boogs said:
48 minutes ago, downliner said:

I dunno, @downliner - I always thought the point of doing a cover was to give it your own imprint, make it sound a little different.

I have a different view on this. I consider a cover as someone's song played for someone else as close to the original as possible. When someone plays someone else's song with their own imprint I call it a 'version'. But that's just me, of course. :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

I have a different view on this. I consider a cover as someone's song played for someone else as close to the original as possible. When someone plays someone else's song with their own imprint I call it a 'version'. But that's just me, of course. :lol:

I agree. It's hard to explain but if it's exact I consider it a cover but if it's totally rearranged I think of it as a different song completely.

Kinda like what Ryan Adams did with all the taylor swift songs. People call them covers but to me he rewrote her whole album except for the lyrics

Edited by Zoot

53 minutes ago, Boogs said:

I hadn't heard the original, didn't realise it was a cover :) Also I'm in the UK too and not had any problems playing the videos here.

@Zoot Ryan Adams is class. As soon as I walked into my local grocery shop the other day Gimme Something Good came on their radio. I ended up loitering in the shop for 5 minutes just to hear it all :lol:

• Like 1