Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Aaaand again! His online time got prolonged today :lol:

Hey, I posted this song a couple weeks ago on the Song Challenge thread!  Go Steve Marriott!  Go Izzy!  Go me!  :awesomeface:

11 minutes ago, downliner said:

I hadn't heard the original, didn't realise it was a cover :) Also I'm in the UK too and not had any problems playing the videos here.

@Zoot Ryan Adams is class. As soon as I walked into my local grocery shop the other day Gimme Something Good came on their radio. I ended up loitering in the shop for 5 minutes just to hear it all :lol:

All you people are way too young, or something.  

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, downliner said:

Also I'm in the UK too and not had any problems playing the videos here.

Aha so I need to ask you a question - are you able to access anything at all from 117 degrees anywhere online? I can’t see any song or video from 117 on iTunes, YouTube, Spotify, Amazon, nothing. I got the cd, took over a month to arrive from somewhere far away, but that’s it.

I like the Hillybilly cover, it's fun! And the band is fun, too. 

"Love Hurts" cover: It did make me listen again to Nazareth's original version which I like much better. I'm not into covers that sound like the original. Also they play in a living room full of stuff and furniture and people. How could they get this whiney sound? Is here someone sound knowledgable to tell whether that's possible at all?

"Get it on" is a cool song and I really like it. Even though it sounds so outdated to me.  Outdated is what the others songs sound to me, too. Apart from Blondie's original "Call me", Blondie never dies! :headbang::lol:.

They all great songs and they all have this groove rhythm thing going on that my musically clueless self cannot describe. It's always what gets me hooked into a song or not. Those songs have it (except Love Hurts as it's too slow). I wish a guitar player could say something about the rhythm guitar parts in them. 

I'd like to know why Izzy chose those songs, why those covers etc. 

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe you know it, but Love Hurts by Nazareth is a cover as well.

There were also other covers before the Nazareth one (which is the most known version). My favourite version is this one:

No, I didn’t know that! Lol thanks. Will check the others out! :lol:

Thanks Izzy for tweeting you made my night.. he said all weekend so I am assuming he will be tweeting today to.  Am I understanding his tweet.

not sure if this has been posted interesting article:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-on-replacing-izzy-stradlin-in-guns-n-roses-people-say-more-about-it-now-than-they-did-back-then/

Toots & The Maytals again! He must really like them. Did they ever meet, does anyone know?

"I want you to believe every word I say
I want you to believe every thing I do
I said music is what I've got to give
and I've got to find some way to make it
Music is what I've got baby
I want you to come on and shake it"

Izzy, I see what you did there!

116124.gif

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Toots & The Maytals again! He must really like them. Did they ever meet, does anyone know?

"I want you to believe every word I say
I want you to believe every thing I do
I said music is what I've got to give
and I've got to find some way to make it
Music is what I've got baby
I want you to come on and shake it"

Izzy, I see what you did there!

116124.gif

What did he do? 

I have a question.. I don’t really use twitter but I only opened it to follow a few people.  When someone tweets something out is the time my time or the person tweeting time?  

I wanted to tweet something but I want to do it a certain time.. not while I am at work in case someone sees here sees it.

5 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

It's difficult to me on weekend. I'm surrounded by family and can't dedicate myself properly to watch and comment on it. If I was at work it would be easier. :P

dont worry we have all the time to chat about  dj izzy and the music which is really good:heart:

• Like 1

Big love for Rivers of Babylon an my part! lol Never understood the lyrics always loved the melody and general over the top-edness of the Boney M. version. :lol:

I love how Izzy pays tribute to his reggae and Caribbean love today. The version of JimmyCliff is nothing but sublime! I’m in love with this!  

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Someone give the guy his own little radio show, that'd be cool. 

That might be why he is doing this. Perhaps he wants to pitch to Sirius. Billy idol has a show on tuesdays where he shares punk bands-its really good. I'd love it if izzy did something like that his voice is so soothing :)