Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 minutes ago, TheKillerQueen said:

Ummm... ok, my bad. Should we move to the 117º then?

I'll still try to make a compilation of everything that he said about the Ju Ju albums. Like a key post with everything

I don't know. I don't want to be responsible for make the decision. Lol

Coincidentally just yesterday I was organizing some old magazines and stuff about GNR and Izzy solo work that I have collected since the late 80's (of course I had a rhinitis crisis lol) and bumped into some papers that have the full description to the Ju Ju Hounds songs, by Izzy. I can scan it and post here if you like. But I can only do it tomorrow because I'm at work right now and don't have a scanner at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

I don't know. I don't want to be responsible for make the decision. Lol

Coincidentally just yesterday I was organizing some old magazines and stuff about GNR and Izzy solo work that I have collected since the late 80's (of course I had a rhinitis crisis lol) and bumped into some papers that have the full description to the Ju Ju Hounds songs, by Izzy. I can scan it and post here if you like. But I can only do it tomorrow because I'm at work right now and don't have a scanner at home.

That would be amazing! And don't worry, whenever you can

How about this: since the Ju Ju's era is the best docummented of all of the Izzy's solo eras we leave it in the blank for now and I'll try to work on a big post recollecting everything.

And for now we could move to 117º, and we are free to speculate all we want with that one :awesomeface:

• Like 1

@cindy1985, actually the songs descriptions are not inside a magazine. They are white papers I received from the record company because I must have written to them and asked for it (don't remember). By that time I used to do it a lot. There were no internet so I used to write to the addresses that came on the albums back covers, the index of magazines, etc. I have lots of things received by mail. Even a GNR fan club Conspiracy Incorporated membership card. I'll take a look at it again tonight.

@TheKillerQueen, I agree! :)

Edited by kkferro72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

@cindy1985, actually the songs descriptions are not inside a magazine. They are white papers I received from the record company because I must have written to them and asked for it (don't remember). By that time I used to do it a lot. There were no internet so I used to write to the addresses that came on the albums back covers, the index of magazines, etc. I have lots of things received by mail. Even a GNR fan club Conspiracy Incorporated membership card. I'll take a look at it again tonight.

@TheKillerQueen, I agree! :)

omg!conspiracy incorporated,the first fan club of Guns n roses!so lucky!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kkferro72 said:

Yes! I guess that's the purpose of this lyrics thing since the beginning. By the time of Ju Ju Hounds Izzy still used to give interviews so he did explained the meanings of all songs, including the ones that are not on the record like Been a Fix and Came Unglued. 

1 hour ago, TheKillerQueen said:

Ummm... ok, my bad. Should we move to the 117º then?

I'll still try to make a compilation of everything that he said about the Ju Ju albums. Like a key post with everything

That would be lovely, @TheKillerQueen. Apart from "Somebody knockin" I don't know too much about what he said. I meant to come back and look again at Somebody Knocking. But as he said what it meant, no other interpretation makes really sense. :) 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

Not sure if this would help move along the discussion about the song lyrics, but here are a couple more bits of info about the Ju Ju Hounds album (from Wikipedia, sorry):

- the album peaked at no. 102 on the US album chart, and at no. 42 in Australia

- 'Shuffle it all', 'Pressure Drop' and 'Somebody Knockin' were all released as singles. Shuffle it all got to no. 6 on the US rock chart, and Somebody Knockin' to no. 13

So those last two are probably the best-known Izzy solo songs. Since Shuffle it all actually also had a promotional video made, that one helped fans to understand where Izzy was coming from at that point in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

@Boogs, from what I see that's exactly what I have. Thanks for saving me of another sneeze section tonight! :lol: The press kit is very simple, white pages written in black. If it had some special texture or pictures in it, I would scan it. ;)

Actually, what I copied and pasted in above didn't mention anything at all about the "Shuffle it all" song meaning, so what you posted under the song lyrics yesterday seems to be all we have.

Thanks, @Boogs, for posting this. I did remember reading a few of those already but never all together. Intersting. BUT. Whatever Izzy says, sometimes he might think he's way cooler than he actually is. BECAUSE! Some of his songs are far more emotional and sentimental than he wants to admit. :P

Can't Hear 'EM is about Guns n fucking roses and it's something like a fuck you song for a revenge or something. Like he is so happy and worked into his own stuff that he can't hear 'em. Right? Right. 

Never heard "Come unglued", must search for it. If he wrote the fastest song ever and was with "somebody on the phone", who could that possibly be, huh? Right after he got away from his old band? I'll leave you hanging on that one. ;)

Come on now inside must be about someone he really really likes because he wants this someone to warm him up. Must have been Annika by the time. Or Axl of course. (kidding)

How will it go - same thing. Maybe Annika had to go to Sweden for a while? Or something. Or about Axl. ;) 

Bucket O Trouble being a real slammer. Yeah. Sure. About noone in particular that is a bucket of trouble and a real slammer. Don't know who he's talking about at all. :rofl-lol:

Shuffle it All clearly is about leaving Guns and that part of his life and starting somewhere new, packing up his life again.

Time Gone by - sentimental song about how much has changed. He himself, his face, obviously friendships and relationships. Wonder who wrote the letter from oversees. Annika? We know so little about him. His face did change a lot even from shortly after he got sober until the Ju Ju Hounds days. We were discussing this before here. He looks really haggard and worn out in his Ju Ju days and not happy at all. Poor thing. The line "Do you remember when time was all we had" strings a special chord in me. It makes me really sad and sentimental. Like those times in your youth you didn't think were special when you were in them. Maybe because they were poor, maybe because they were bored teens. But when you're stressed out and fallen out with people, having legal suits and stuff, time is such a luxury. I can understand why Izzy wants this really simple and non-complicated life. 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Can't Hear 'EM is about Guns n fucking roses and it's something like a fuck you song for a revenge or something. Like he is so happy and worked into his own stuff that he can't hear 'em. Right? Right. 

Never heard "Come unglued", must search for it. If he wrote the fastest song ever and was with "somebody on the phone", who could that possibly be, huh? Right after he got away from his old band? I'll leave you hanging on that one. ;)

Totally agree about Can't Hear 'Em. It's definitely a 'fuck you song'. :hahafyou:

Came Unglued is awesome! Fast rock'n'roll the way I like it most. You have to get it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!:headbang:

And I think the same about the other songs too. rock4

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

Shuffle it all is surely a song about a new beginning..and i believe that refers to guns n roses too. You can see it in his face in that interview he looked very relieved.

Did he? He looked bored and annoyed with the interview situation but restrained-friendly to me. :lol:

I'm sure he was relieved though. It only makes sense.

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 1

So many of Izzy’s songs, if they are not clear love songs, they are like “throwing words” for Axl or the Guns N’ Roses he left behind. It must have hurt him deeply that things went the way they did. Thankfully he continued to write songs and create music as an outlet for all the emotion.

Edited by Boogs
  • Like 2

Just now, Boogs said:

You think so, @Tori72? I actually just came back to edit that bit out because I don’t have experience with PTSD, and I didn’t know if my post sounded too trivial. 

I'm not an expert on PTSD and I'm not saying he acutally had a medical condition like PTSD. But in a more trivial note it seems very likely to me that he had something like a post GnR, post getting clean stress situation that he had to process and work through, mentally. It's not a diagnosis, it's just speculation of course. I cannot know. In my mind it would make sense. :shrugs:

• Like 1

I was having a very shitty day and I decided to skip working for a little while to check what was going on here, and I'm not lying when I say it made me feel much better. LOVING the discussion and the info that's been added. Thanks @Boogs for that interview, I completely forgot about it! And to @Tori72 for being always soo sweet.

Anyway, when I was looking at the Ju Ju's songs I decided to look into the cover's lyrics ("Take a look at the guy" and "Pressure Drop").

TLTG actually make me sad, because it's clear is about his past self, and this line:

It wasn't too long ago he ran away from home
When he... ran away from you

It feels soo sad...

And then...  Pressure Drop, I look into it and the songwritter said is a "revenge song":

It’s a song about revenge, but in the form of karma: if you do bad things to innocent people, then bad things will happen to you. The title was a phrase I used to say. If someone done me wrong, rather than fight them like a warrior, I’d say: “The pressure’s going to drop on you.”.

— Frederick ‘Toots’ Hibbert, The Guardian

And all I could think was "Oh my god, Izzy was sending double meaning dagger covers to Axl long before twitter!!!!" 

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerQueen said:

I was having a very shitty day and I decided to skip working for a little while to check what was going on here, and I'm not lying when I say it made me feel much better. LOVING the discussion and the info that's been added. Thanks @Boogs for that interview, I completely forgot about it! And to @Tori72 for being always soo sweet.

Anyway, when I was looking at the Ju Ju's songs I decided to look into the cover's lyrics ("Take a look at the guy" and "Pressure Drop").

TLTG actually make me sad, because it's clear is about his past self, and this line:

It wasn't too long ago he ran away from home
When he... ran away from you

It feels soo sad...

And then...  Pressure Drop, I look into it and the songwritter said is a "revenge song":

It’s a song about revenge, but in the form of karma: if you do bad things to innocent people, then bad things will happen to you. The title was a phrase I used to say. If someone done me wrong, rather than fight them like a warrior, I’d say: “The pressure’s going to drop on you.”.

— Frederick ‘Toots’ Hibbert, The Guardian

And all I could think was "Oh my god, Izzy was sending double meaning dagger covers to Axl long before twitter!!!!" 

:rofl-lol:

Awww, thanks for calling me sweet. Needed that today :hug:

Excellent! Didn't know that about pressure drop. Now the vibe of the song Izzy put into it makes so much more sense. I love Izzy's version of it and the energy that is boasting out.

Take a look at the guy - if that isn't a song about Axl as well. :D 

Does he look like the same guy, the same guy, the same guy
Who used to sing songs to you?

So, what do you make of "Came Unglued"?

CAME UNGLUED 

Out of your head
guess it came unglued
Jumping at the rest
pressure dropped again

it came unglued
came unglued
came unglued

Wound up and left
Friction near your head
Who has flipped his lid
through the roof again

came unglued
came unglued
too bad

Hanging by a string
last thread holds you in
nerves are thraid and worn
hear them as they singe

came unglued
came unglued
came unglued
too bad
too bad
too bad
too bad
for you
(for you)
(for you)

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

So, what do you make of "Came Unglued"?

It’s hard not to think of lyrics like these meaning “the band became unglued”, or “my life became unglued”.

By the time we get to the end of these lyrics discussions, we could try to group Izzy’s songs into themes e.g. love, revenge/regrets, weather, home life, driving, etc.

• Like 2