Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

On 11/14/2017 at 1:37 PM, Mona said:

I've been kinda down lately and need something. Part of me feels bad or like... used somehow and i did hesitate at first (especially because i already went to Finland this summer), but... screw it. Some recent events made me realise how short life is and how lucky i truly am so from now on, i've decided to do what makes me happy. Maybe a bit selfish, but oh well.

By the way, I've been listening to these

[...]

a lot lately. Seriously awesome vibes.

Sorry to hear you're feeling down Mona, hope things look up for you soon :) I love Izzys reggae tunes too, I know what you mean about the awesome vibes. Maybe you need to make yourself an Izzy reggae/chillout playlist.....

2qdd6o9.jpg

There's also the extended version of Baby Rann with a cool reggae outro, which I completely forgot about when I made that playlist :lol:

Edited by downliner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, downliner said:

w0giv9.jpg

I'd like to organise a protest like the above, anyone have experience with this kind of thing? :D

Yeah you can buy it on iTunes, or Amazon here, and it's also on Spotify for free currently..... nearly 7 minutes long :headbang:

Thanks Downliner! That Raggae Playlist is awesome!

Yep, count me in! Where are we going to meet? LA? Lets get organised!!! :D 

Also I have found "new" live material from Izzy on Youtube. I don't know if you have already heard it. I'll just link it here. It's AWESOME!!! :headbang:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, annabanana said:

@TheKillerQueenWhen aare we going to start the lyrics thread? :)

I'm really sorry for delaying it soo much, I've been buried under assigments, exams and painting this last few weeks. I almost have it done and if everything goes well I will have it by wednesday. Friday if not. :nervous:

But I still don't know if I should make a separate thread or post it here. :shrugs:

Edited by TheKillerQueen
  • Like 2

I personally think the lyrics thread should be in here.. I don’t want someone to close this one if no one is writing in here for a while.. 

also this forum maybe gets lost seeing another one is open..

i don’t want to make Mr. Stradlin to have to go to many threads to see what is written about him.  We no he snoops on here.  I am not sure if he has an account but doubt it..

wishful thinking maybe Izzy will join us and tell us about the lyrics?? It would make my Christmas.. all I want for is Izzy to communicate to use not via twitter.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tori72 said:

II here or in an extra thread, I can't wait to get started with the lyrics thread. I would prefer an extra thread as I said before. So we have the lyrics discussion in one place and it won't get distracted by other things.

I don't think Izzy reads here frequently or regularly. Also, if he comes reading here, which we don't know if he does or will again, he will easier read the lyrics discussion in an extra thread than search for it here. I don't think he'l thoroughly read the whole thread, you know? ;)

Anyway, just let's get started. We can get started here and if the lyrics discussion is lively we can also move it somewhere else later.

Why don't we just start right now? We could start chronologically with the Ju Ju Hounds. First song would be "Somebody Knocking". When you, @TheKillerQueen are ready, you join? I mean, we only have to post copy past the lyrics. Right? No?

Also, Man Crush Monday :wub:

tumblr_ozemzq39Xl1wb6ve9o1_500.jpg

23823666_1772766316075241_17897740841171

Start without me, don't worry loves. What I did was research of every song from each album, more like a recopilation Of facts and info. So we could have  one post of facts and then talk between us more about the song... etc 

There's not that much about Izzy's solo work but I tried my best.

Sorry for being so on/off, exams weeks are coming and I barely have any time :no:

P.D: those pics DAAAAMM

Edited by TheKillerQueen
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

The problem is that Izzy already explained what is the song about, leaving not much to be discussed. :lol:

Girl! You*re SO negative :rofl-lol: We have been discussing how and when to do this lyrics thread and then you go and dismiss is with one sentence. Lol

Will come back to the discussion later. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerQueen said:

This is why I said feedback was important :rofl-lol: 

Ok, what about this: I'll still post the songs with the facts and all the info I can find BUT we will only discuss the ones whose meaning we don't know for sure?

Yes! I guess that's the purpose of this lyrics thing since the beginning. By the time of Ju Ju Hounds Izzy still used to give interviews so he did explained the meanings of all songs, including the ones that are not on the record like Been a Fix and Came Unglued. 

9 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

Yes! I guess that's the purpose of this lyrics thing since the beginning. By the time of Ju Ju Hounds Izzy still used to give interviews so he did explained the meanings of all songs, including the ones that are not on the record like Been a Fix and Came Unglued. 

Ummm... ok, my bad. Should we move to the 117º then?

I'll still try to make a compilation of everything that he said about the Ju Ju albums. Like a key post with everything