What is the strangest or worst breakup line you've ever heard?

BlueJean Baby

I have friend who was dating this guy and she got dumped with:

'I am at an age, I want a serious relationship and look for a woman to spend the rest of my life with. I can't continue with this relationship, cause you can't cook'

Valid reason, lol. I laughed so hard. What an ass?

10 minutes ago, MB. said:

I have friend who was dating this guy and she got dumped with:

'I am at an age, I want a serious relationship and look for a woman to spend the rest of my life with. I can't continue with this relationship, cause you can't cook'

Valid reason, lol. I laughed so hard. What an ass?

What's he want...another mother?? 

3 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Homemaking skills are very important to the long term success of a marriage if the male does have pre-conceived notions or expectations about what the woman's roles are. 

Maybe back in the 1950's. There's no a reason why a man shouldn't have to take care of his own home. Cooking is actually a useful skill. 

4 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Maybe back in the 1950's. There's no a reason why a man shouldn't have to take care of his own home. Cooking is actually a useful skill. 

It sure is, but wouldn't you agree most American "men" cannot cook? I'm not talking about burning a steak on the grill, I'm talking about preparing a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals. If I was under 30 and in the market for a wife she would definitely need to know how to cook or be willing to learn. 

15 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Homemaking skills are very important to the long term success of a marriage if the male does have pre-conceived notions or expectations about what the woman's roles are. 

I was just being sarcastic...but there is a lot more to making a marriage work than cooking, cleaning, etc. 

3 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It sure is, but wouldn't you agree most American "men" cannot cook? I'm not talking about burning a steak on the grill, I'm talking about preparing a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals. If I was under 30 and in the market for a wife she would definitely need to know how to cook or be willing to learn. 

Idk about that. Plenty of men in my age group (millenials) love cooking. I do most of the cooking for my girl. Cooking is a lot of fun and pretty challenging and rewarding.

I think the idea of men not cooking is rapidly dying off. With all these food shows featuring men as chefs enjoying so much popularity, its starting to become a more masculine hobby.

Cooking for yer girl is one of the most "manly" things you can do in a relationship. She'll love it more than takin her out to an expensive restaurant too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

There is a lot more to making a marriage work than cooking, cleaning, etc. 

Agreed, but fundamental incompatibilities concerning cooking and cleaning (aka home life) and money often lead to a lousy marriage.

Just now, Georgy Zhukov said:

Be more useful if you learn to cook yourself. Women love that. 

There are only so many hours in the day. When a guy gets home after working 12 to 14 hours...

20 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Outta likes. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Are you suggesting most women can preparing a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals? Or that women should exclusively be expected to be able to cook? Why? Most professional cooks and chefs (including my dad) are men. I don't think men have some kind of genetic flaw that makes them unable to cook. Everyone should be taught (or actively learn) how to cook because it's an important life skill and if you can't even feed yourself then... :no:

Edited by KiraMPD

Same for a women when she works. Maybe pick a better career.

3 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Idk about that. Plenty of men in my age group (millenials) love cooking. I do most of the cooking for my girl. Cooking is a lot of fun and pretty challenging and rewarding.

I think the idea of men not cooking is rapidly dying off. With all these food shows featuring men as chefs enjoying so much popularity, its starting to become a more masculine hobby.

Cooking for yer girl is one of the most "manly" things you can do in a relationship. She'll love it more than takin her out to an expensive restaurant too

*bro fist*

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan H. said:

I've never considered cooking to be necessarily feminine, or men who cook to be unmanly, it's just the time involved to do it properly. When I was younger we were told to use the microwave, as it was considered space age technology. Obviously, what we gained for the sake convenience we lost in experience.  

4 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Outta likes. :thumbsup:

Are you suggesting most women can preparing a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals? Or that women should exclusively be expected to be able to cook? Why? Most professional cooks and chefs (including my dad) are men. I don't think men have some kind of genetic flaw that makes them unable to cook. Everyone should be taught (or actively learn) how to cook because it's an important life skill and if you can't even feed yourself then... :no:

Out of likes as well! :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

What I'm suggesting is all things being equal a woman who can cook is better marriage material than one who cannot.

28 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I can only assume you are basing this on the premise that the man is the only one working full time outside the home..which is a definite rarity these days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I've never considered cooking to be necessarily feminine, or men who cook to be unmanly, it's just the time involved to do it properly. When I was younger we were told to use the microwave, as it was considered space age technology. Obviously, what we gained for the sake convenience we lost in experience.  

Do you cook anything for yer girl Steve? You strike me as a grill man

Being a classic grill man is pretty valuable too. I've met few people who can make a steak or burger proper like. I've met many who try :lol:

2 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

What I'm suggesting is all things being equal a woman who can cook is better marriage material than one who cannot.

Agreed. And the same could be said for men who can cook.

But it also seem awfully cold and clinical to base a life partner largely on basic life skills such as cooking and cleaning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan H. said:

Being a classic grill man is pretty valuable too. I've met few people who can make a steak or burger proper like. I've met many who try :lol:

You haven't met my dad. Whether on the stove or grill his steaks are perfect. I would be disappointed when I find out my mom was making dinner. She overcooks everything.

• Like 2

Bringing it back to the topic...

I don't know if this is a 'strange' breakup line, but when I broke-up with my last boyfriend I told him that I "don't have the time and emotional stamina for a relationship right now". He just said "Okaaay" and very kindly accepted it and moved on without a fuss which I think was sweet of him.

I can make dinner, my husband can cook. There is a difference. His food is way better than mine??.

I did love the guy was honest though. I can appreciate that.  Lol, and with his statement my friend knew immidiately 'it was never going to work' anyway:lol:

Edited by MB.

7 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Truth be told I cannot remember the last meal I prepared for anyone, to include myself. I am spoiled. We also go to restaurants a lot. 

I will attempt to prepare an evening meal at home for family and friends the first week of the New Year and we'll see how it goes. :lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I can only assume you are basing this on the premise that the man is the only one working full time outside the home..which is a definite rarity these days.

During the 18 years I was married to my soon to be ex, I ended up being the only one working for about twelve of those years while he sat home feeling sorry for himself and doing whatever he wanted to. I can cook, by the way, I raised a child as a single mom for six years, I'm no gourmet cook but I can make a meal. When I was 15, I started dating a musician who lived in a house with his band...yes, they kept a really trashy place, so I ended up constantly going over and cleaning up so it was tolerable to live in. :facepalm: