What is the strangest or worst breakup line you've ever heard?

BlueJean Baby

On 09/12/2016 at 11:47 PM, Silverburst80 said:

Well not really a break up line but i broke up with a girl who i was seeing for about 2 weeks because she told me to turn the music down in my car, I was 17 and that shit was out of order in my young mind it was like "oh this chicks already trying to tell me what to do, fuck that!''. It would have been pretty funny i guess if i actually told her but i just ignored her calls and told my mum to tell her i wasn't home till she stopped calling...what an arsehole i am.

Fair play, she was takin' liberties there :lol:

• Like 2

When I lived in Virginia, there was this band there on the local music scene, all the guys were from Denmark. A girl I worked with had a party and they were there, ended up talking to the bass player all night. We started dating for about three months but broke up because he was an admitted dog and he said I was too sweet to get hurt because he couldn't be faithful. The band broke up about a month later. Six months later, someone's knocking at my door one night. It was the drummer, claiming he always wanted to be with me. I'd been around him because they lived and practiced in this warehouse, but never really had gotten to know him... so this was not expected at all. We started dating and somehow the bass player found out and started calling my house at all hours of the night, telling me he didn't want me dating this guy. Didn't know he was the boss of me...I did date the drummer for close to a year, but broke up with him because my son was young and I didn't like the way he seemed jealous about me trying to be a good mom to my son and not giving him my undivided attention... it's just weird how the dude thought he had a right to tell me who I could date after we ended our relationship due to his infidelity crap...:shrugs:

7 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

When I lived in Virginia, there was this band there on the local music scene, all the guys were from Denmark. A girl I worked with had a party and they were there, ended up talking to the bass player all night. We started dating for about three months but broke up because he was an admitted dog and he said I was too sweet to get hurt because he couldn't be faithful. The band broke up about a month later. Six months later, someone's knocking at my door one night. It was the drummer, claiming he always wanted to be with me. I'd been around him because they lived and practiced in this warehouse, but never really had gotten to know him... so this was not expected at all. We started dating and somehow the bass player found out and started calling my house at all hours of the night, telling me he didn't want me dating this guy. Didn't know he was the boss of me...I did date the drummer for close to a year, but broke up with him because my son was young and I didn't like the way he seemed jealous about me trying to be a good mom to my son and not giving him my undivided attention... it's just weird how the dude thought he had a right to tell me who I could date after we ended our relationship due to his infidelity crap...:shrugs:

Been around a bit haven't you :lol: 

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fair play, she was takin' liberties there :lol:

...and add to that a 2 week relationship was getting a little too serious for me at that age, i'd use any excuse possible to weasel my way out of one so telling me to turn my tunes down as good as any!

Edited by Silverburst80

8 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Well BlueJean i think your comfortably winning in the strangest breakups department so far.

6 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Not really I'm just older than most of you. I'm over 50. Grew up in the city and things were different when I was younger...

6 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Well BlueJean i think your comfortably winning in the strangest breakups department so far.

Unfortunately, I guess I am just a hopeless romantic looking for my true love.  Like I said most of the guys I have dated were in bands, so that just added to the chaos. But one thing I will say, I have never cheated on anyone in my life. 

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Wow, you know this actually made me start thinking about where things went wrong in my life and I have come to a major realization. First, I still have decent friendships with the majority of guys I dated. A couple went to a lot of trouble to find me years later, unfortunately I was married when they did. I grew up as the only child in a middle class family with very straight laced parents and a mom, who always managed to make me feel like I truly disappointed her. I just realized that I most likely married both of my ex husband's because I was settling for what I thought my parents would have thought was better for me. Instead of following my heart and being with people I really had a connection to. Well, my dad died this year, my mom, who I have had to move in with to help her since he's gone, is 86 and when she's gone all I will have left is my son. It's time I tear down the walls around my heart and do what will make me happy. Damn I've been my own worst enemy.

7 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Not really I'm just older than most of you. I'm over 50. Grew up in the city and things were different when I was younger...

Unfortunately, I guess I am just a hopeless romantic looking for my true love.  Like I said most of the guys I have dated were in bands, so that just added to the chaos. But one thing I will say, I have never cheated on anyone in my life. 

Well i hope you find him Jean.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Well i hope you find him Jean.

Thanks. In part that's why I use this name here, from Tiny Dancer:

Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man

I am much better around musicians or creative type men. I tend to be a deep thinker and not just like look at things in black and white. Gotta follow my heart and not do what someone else thinks I should. I may be over fifty, but I'm far from being too old.

"Its a me issue but I can't talk to you about it." Literally. Never got anything more than that. Assumed and asked if there was someone else and she said it wouldn't matter,  so safe bet that was it.  

I broke up with 1 chick who I had a very short thing with (like 4 months short), told her I didn't see us going anywhere besides me being your butler and that I wasn't down with that. Got a, "Oh please we were never anything. Don't be delusional" line. 

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

"Its a me issue but I can't talk to you about it." Literally. Never got anything more than that. Assumed and asked if there was someone else and she said it wouldn't matter,  so safe bet that was it.  

I broke up with 1 chick who I had a very short thing with (like 4 months short), told her I didn't see us going anywhere besides me being your butler and that I wasn't down with that. Got a, "Oh please we were never anything. Don't be delusional" line. 

I don't understand why people can't be honest...why leave someone wondering? Guess I tend to be too honest...I told my soon to be ex exactly why I had to end it, proceeded by I hate to be blunt, but....problem is he won't accept it and since I told him in May, he still texts me these good morning or good night I love yous.  I just don't reply anymore, tired of beating a dead horse and the messages seem to be coming less often.

I was just talking to my son, he lives in Missouri now. He reminded me of something really funny he did when he was little. I had been out on a date, when we got back to my house, I thought he was asleep upstairs. The guy was getting ready to leave and was kissing me goodnight and suddenly my son, who was about 4, appeared and punched the guy and said "that's my mama, you go kiss your mama".  He is still very protective over me and was telling me to be careful when I start dating again...:facepalm:

Wtf... my soon be ex just texted me again... he really needs to get a life with someone other than me... all this I miss you and love you in his text but he couldn't be bothered with that for the last ten years. I am not going to respond again. I told him in April that I was done. He put me through hell for 18 years, stop beating the dead horse, its beyond dead it's turned to stone by now. :facepalm:

On 12/13/2016 at 4:15 AM, Gunner55 said:

In the first instance, women will refuse to talk about it if they don't want to work it out or reconcile, because it's impossible to do so if they won't talk. I'm sure there's an element of guilt involved on her part as well.

In the second instance, women will default to discard to preserve their ego and self-esteem during a break up. For the same reason, they'll often paint you black at the same time. 

Edited by SteveAJones