What is the strangest or worst breakup line you've ever heard?

BlueJean Baby

11 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Bringing it back to the topic...

I don't know if this is a 'strange' breakup line, but when I broke-up with my last boyfriend I told him that I "don't have the time and emotional stamina for a relationship right now". He just said "Okaaay" and very kindly accepted it and moved on without a fuss which I think was sweet of him.

How would you have reacted if he tried to fight for the relationship over the next two weeks? Would you be understanding or turn angry towards him, possibly vindictive?

14 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Bringing it back to the topic...

I don't know if this is a 'strange' breakup line, but when I broke-up with my last boyfriend I told him that I "don't have the time and emotional stamina for a relationship right now". He just said "Okaaay" and very kindly accepted it and moved on without a fuss which I think was sweet of him.

I have to say I like them to make a BIT of a fuss :lol:

7 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

During the 18 years I was married to my soon to be ex, I ended up being the only one working for about twelve of those years while he sat home feeling sorry for himself and doing whatever he wanted to

deadbeat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

How would you have reacted if he tried to fight for the relationship over the next two weeks? Would you be understanding or turn angry towards him, possibly vindictive?

Initially I would try to explain myself further and dissuade him from perusing it. If that didn't work then I would ignore and avoid the fuck outta him and then maybe try to subtly set him up with someone else. If it came to the point where non of the above worked then I would try my damned hardest to make him dislike me, which really wouldn't be that hard and I'm used to being the "bitch" in most situations.

However, all of that would have been a lotta work and additional stress which I did not need at the time. Thus I'm glad that it all worked out. Besides which, we only dated for around 4-5 months...:shrugs:

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

LOL! Maybe... I gotta say, I've never been in a relationship where I've been that emotionally invested. I like the idea of intense romance but in real life I've never experienced that need to be in a relationship with someone.

Edited by KiraMPD

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

If he politely called you four times in the seven days that followed and then stopped by three days after that would you then refuse to answer the door and file a harassment complaint with the police? Seems to me some women nowadays either have so much baggage from past abusive relationships they do not even try to communicate after a breakup or they simply become vindictive once a breakup occurs. It's sad really, to see how disposable people treat one another.   

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

If he politely called you four times in the seven days that followed and then stopped by three days after that would you then refuse to answer the door and file a harassment complaint with the police? Seems to me some women nowadays either have so much baggage from past abusive relationships they do not even try to communicate after a breakup or they simply become vindictive once a breakup occurs. It's sad really, to see how disposable people treat one another.   

I can honestly say I've never known any woman to act like that..we all realize it's going to take some time for someone to get over a relationship, some people take longer to let go..to answer your question, I would talk in the beginning, then prob not answer the door..would not call the police though! Unless a stalking type thing was happening still a few months down the line, even after telling him to stop.

My first girl dumped me because I wouldn't go to church with her.

I mean, I had no problem with her being religious or whatever, but church is boring as fuck, and Sunday is hangover day. In retrospect we had nothing in common and no business being together (we were 15) but man it sure did break my heart. 

My weirdest experience with a girl wasn't a break up "line" but rather a series of events. I met this chick through one of my weird nerdy friends back when I was 21 (26 now, for reference) She was really really cute, and pretty fun in this innocent sorta way (which was a lil suspicious to me, given that I am anything but). Anyways, she had been lying to me about attending university, and it turns out she was homeschooled her whole life by these complete weirdo parents of hers, and worked at their Jesusy Book Store.

So I'm like, oh shit, this bitch is SUPER sheltered, maybe I should dip. Ah, but blind lust got the better of me so I stuck around for three months. Now at that time her father, who I had never met mind you, he calls me up out of the blue and demand that we be married, because they dont believe in dating at their house. 

I laughed at him on the phone, because like... no, obviously, I only have been seeing this chick for like three months. Its like he stepped right out of the middle ages lol. Any we fought, and he ended up literally threatening to come to my house and murder me. I mean I was kindof a dick to him, but that was still a pretty fucking insane response.

So two months later she's married to some other dude and pregnant. Haven't seen her since.

I've clearly had a bad track run with religious women. The irony is my girlfriend of four years is a Christian too (although a much more reasonable one) :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

My first girl dumped me because I wouldn't go to church with her.

I mean, I had no problem with her being religious or whatever, but church is boring as fuck, and Sunday is hangover day. In retrospect we had nothing in common and no business being together (we were 15) but man it sure did break my heart. 

My weirdest experience with a girl wasn't a break up "line" but rather a series of events. I met this chick through one of my weird nerdy friends back when I was 21 (26 now, for reference) She was really really cute, and pretty fun in this innocent sorta way (which was a lil suspicious to me, given that I am anything but). Anyways, she had been lying to me about attending university, and it turns out she was homeschooled her whole life by these complete weirdo parents of hers, and worked at their Jesusy Book Store.

So I'm like, oh shit, this bitch is SUPER sheltered, maybe I should dip. Ah, but blind lust got the better of me so I stuck around for three months. Now at that time her father, who I had never met mind you, he calls me up out of the blue and demand that we be married, because they dont believe in dating at their house. 

I laughed at him on the phone, because like... no, obviously, I only have been seeing this chick for like three months. Its like he stepped right out of the middle ages lol. Any we fought, and he ended up literally threatening to come to my house and murder me. I mean I was kindof a dick to him, but that was still a pretty fucking insane response.

So two months later she's married to some other dude and pregnant. Haven't seen her since.

I've clearly had a bad track run with religious women. The irony is my girlfriend of four years is a Christian too (although a much more reasonable one) :lol:

Where the fuck do you love? Utah? West Virginia?

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I can honestly say I've never known any woman to act like that..we all realize it's going to take some time for someone to get over a relationship, some people take longer to let go..to answer your question, I would talk in the beginning, then prob not answer the door..would not call the police though! Unless a stalking type thing was happening still a few months down the line, even after telling him to stop.

I had to draw the conclusion that the lack of empathy and needlessly painting me black was the manifestation of a personality disorder compounded by emotional baggage she had carried throughout her life. It's a shame as for most men a woman involving the police in the relationship is a permanent deal breaker that makes any reconciliation impossible. If a woman legitimately does it out of fear she is clearly on a different page with regard to the relationship, if she does it out of spite she's not a woman who can be trusted. 

Just now, Georgy Zhukov said:

Where the fuck do you love? Utah? West Virginia?

At the time, Central Illinois, which is a delightful mix of deep deep red conservatism and academic liberalism. The two main industries in my town were Illinois State University, and agriculture. It was a VERY bizarre place

1 minute ago, Dan H. said:

At the time, Central Illinois, which is a delightful mix of deep deep red conservatism and academic liberalism. The two main industries in my town were Illinois State University, and agriculture. It was a VERY bizarre place

Oh right, that explains it. Stopped by this place in Altamont off the I-70. Food was farm fresh and the best I've ever had. 

I actually have remained good friends with the majority of my ex boyfriends. Would call the cops if my first husband ever showed up here, he's an abusive alcoholic who, as previously mentioned tried to kill me. My soon to be ex still texts and is kinda stalking me, I told him when we split that he checked out on me years ago, not working, getting addicted to meth while I was working, calling mom a bitch when we moved here after my dad died because she told him he was not going to sit around here doing nothing. Now he "loves" me coz he lost his meal ticket...I am over 50, I want true love and will not settle for less now.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Typo

4 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I actually have remained good friends with the majority of my ex boyfriends. Would call the cops if my first husband ever showed up here, he's an abusive alcoholic who, as previously mentioned tried to kill me. My soon to be ex still texts and is kinda stalking me, I told him when we split that he checked out on me years ago, not working, getting addicted to meth while I was working, calling mom a bitch when we moved here after my dad died because she told him he was not going to sit around here doing nothing. Now he "loves" me coz he lost his meal ticket...I am over 50, I want true love and will not settle for less now.

I've heard Zsa Zsa's husband is single now. He's only 73.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

If the broken relationship was abusive or violent I would completely understand the woman contacting or going to the police. However, a woman doing so after a 14 month relationship in which neither person so much as raised their voice to one another...I'll never understand it. I stand by what I said earlier, if a person refuses to talk that is because for whatever reason they do not want to work things out or reconcile. Often they have already left or checked out of the relationship emotionally weeks or months before the breakup. If anyone cares to know, the break up line I got in this particular case was "I was wrong. I realized I was making a mistake". This was two days after celebrating her birthday together. Sounds like a commitment phobe to me, with a personality disorder that soon rears it's ugly head when things get too emotional.  

1 minute ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Age ain't nothing but a number.

True but I'm ready to get out and enjoy life, just getting my second wind in my life. I really don't want some boring old fart :P

4 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

If the broken relationship was abusive or violent I would completely understand the woman contacting or going to the police. However, a woman doing so after a 14 month relationship in which neither person so much as raised their voice to one another...I'll never understand it. I stand by what I said earlier, if a person refuses to talk that is because for whatever reason they do not want to work things out or reconcile. Often they have already left or checked out of the relationship emotionally weeks or months before the breakup. If anyone cares to know, the break up line I got in this particular case was "I was wrong. I realized I was making a mistake". This was two days after celebrating her birthday together. Sounds like a commitment phobe to me, with a personality disorder that soon rears it's ugly head when things get too emotional.  

I agree.

8 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

LMAO:rofl-lol:

Prince Frederick of Anhalt, Duke of Saxony and Westphalia, Count of Ascania. 

Think about it @BlueJean Baby, you can be a Princess.

I just had to google him after I read your post... lol, that is one strange dude.. 

But wait..act now and for only $50,000 you too can be an adopted adult and become a titled Prince!!