New U2 Album 'Songs of Experience' Out Dec. 1st // Tour Starting in May 2018

The Holographic Universe

The album version of The Blackout still holds up just as well as the first version released (crowd mix). Hoping there's more like this on the rest of the album.

I listened to Get Out Of Your Own Way again today, and it's easily my least favorite of the three songs released so far. I can't help but thinking it was a leftover track from Taylor Swift's last album that U2 paid her the rights to use :lol:

You're The Best Thing About Me is catchy, but it's still not a great song by any means.

Only the lyrics are sampled from Volcano. The guitar riffs and chorus melody are identical to their song Glastonbury which was never released and clearly now, never will be. 

A studio version of Glastonbury would've been cool. This guy does a cover of it and it sounds pretty good. Closest we'll get to a studio version of it now though

19 hours ago, Bono said:

Only the lyrics are sampled from Volcano. The guitar riffs and chorus melody are identical to their song Glastonbury which was never released and clearly now, never will be. 

A studio version of Glastonbury would've been cool. This guy does a cover of it and it sounds pretty good. Closest we'll get to a studio version of it now though

I wasn’t aware, I’ll love it regardless. The ducking tour is opening in my home state of Oklahoma. How weird is that ? The band is opening in some hick-mid west city instead of major global market.

American Soul certainly isn't anything special, but I do enjoy it. A little closer to what I was hoping for after hearing The Blackout, despite it being a re-made/recycled song basically.

I'm still excited and looking forward to the rest of the album obviously, but having heard a third of it already, it's not necessarily shaping up to be as good as I'm hoping.

Registered for the Citi-Presale for DC, Philly, and NY; Got sent codes for all of them.

Got 2 GA tickets for DC, but couldn't pull any for Philly and by the time the code for NY worked, I couldn't pull any for that either.

Not too worried about it though. Happy to get the DC tickets, and if I can pull any GA tickets for the other shows it'll be a bonus, otherwise I'm happy with just DC.

9 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Registered for the Citi-Presale for DC, Philly, and NY; Got sent codes for all of them.

Got 2 GA tickets for DC, but couldn't pull any for Philly and by the time the code for NY worked, I couldn't pull any for that either.

Not too worried about it though. Happy to get the DC tickets, and if I can pull any GA tickets for the other shows it'll be a bonus, otherwise I'm happy with just DC.

Same shit happen to me as well. Got GA for Oklahoma. Ticketmaster got weird and wouldn’t allow to choose tickets to get to GA for St. Louis. I’m gonna save my other two tickets for the inevitable additional MSG dates. A friend of mine purchased red zone for me for the last show in NJ. 

I decide to say fuck this tour when it became very clear, very quickly that they did not make any of the prime lower bowl seats available to fans in the presale. I was part of the Experience group on the 14th. I was logged in ready to go right as tickets went on sale for MSG and there wasn't a single regular ticket available in the side sections in the lower bowl.  Sure if you wanted to pay $665 for VIP packages no problem but fuck that shit. I tried Chicago and Nashville too and it was the same shit. When the west coast shows went on sale in LA and San Jose the exact same thing. The prime seats in the side sections oin the lower bowl were not available. The most telling thing about all this was when I logged in to buy in Vegas I literally had my number of tickets and select section clicked within 5 seconds and they didn't have the sections I wanted available. It pissed me off so fucking much that they're actually hold back the prime seats from the fans in the experience group. Those are the fans who were not only verified, but who had renewed their subscriptions early for this AND who have kept their memberships current since 2004 without allowing them to expire at any point. There is literally no fucking way the seats I wanted were all sold out within a minute at each place I tried. The fact is they never made those seats available. Such a disgrace.  I secured GA and upper level tickets no problem but that is NOT what I wanted so I said fuck it and bought a $25 ticket to see Soul Asylum in Minneapolis instead. 

here's an example of the seats I wanted. This is Madison Square Garden. The side sections with the black strike through them. NONE of these types of seats were available in NYC, Nashville, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Jose. So disrespectful to fans in my opinion. This will be the first tour I've missed since becoming a fan in 1996

23722362_10159649611900397_1429914418275

3 minutes ago, Bono said:

I decide to say fuck this tour when it became very clear, very quickly that they did not make any of the prime lower bowl seats available to fans in the presale. I was part of the Experience group on the 14th. I was logged in ready to go right as tickets went on sale for MSG and there wasn't a single regular ticket available in the side sections in the lower bowl.  Sure if you wanted to pay $665 for VIP packages no problem but fuck that shit. I tried Chicago and Nashville too and it was the same shit. When the west coast shows went on sale in LA and San Jose the exact same thing. The prime seats in the side sections oin the lower bowl were not available. The most telling thing about all this was when I logged in to buy in Vegas I literally had my number of tickets and select section clicked within 5 seconds and they didn't have the sections I wanted available. It pissed me off so fucking much that they're actually hold back the prime seats from the fans in the experience group. Those are the fans who were not only verified, but who had renewed their subscriptions early for this AND who have kept their memberships current since 2004 without allowing them to expire at any point. There is literally no fucking way the seats I wanted were all sold out within a minute at each place I tried. The fact is they never made those seats available. Such a disgrace.  I secured GA and upper level tickets no problem but that is NOT what I wanted so I said fuck it and bought a $25 ticket to see Soul Asylum in Minneapolis instead. 

here's an example of the seats I wanted. This is Madison Square Garden. The side sections with the black strike through them. NONE of these types of seats were available in NYC, Nashville, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Jose. So disrespectful to fans in my opinion. This will be the first tour I've missed since becoming a fan in 1996

Why don’t you want GA for this tour man? It’s cheap and you can show up at 7pm and get a great spot. I did GA for the I&E tour and it was the best GA experience I’ve ever had at U2. Usually a great spot requires camping out for hours to a day.

I did GA for the last tour as well and it was cool but I just don't want it this time around. Was set on sitting middle section lower bowl and when I realized those weren't even available for purchase I thought fuck this. To m that's a slap in the face to fans. Like thanks for being a subscribed member for 16 years, thanks for verifying, thanks for renewing your subscription early Buuuuuuuut sorry these seats are not for you. Not a cool move at all. I guess I just didn't care enough this time and when I saw that take place I thought I'm not spending money on something I don't want so....... 

3 minutes ago, Bono said:

I did GA for the last tour as well and it was cool but I just don't want it this time around. Was set on sitting middle section lower bowl and when I realized those weren't even available for purchase I thought fuck this. To m that's a slap in the face to fans. Like thanks for being a subscribed member for 16 years, thanks for verifying, thanks for renewing your subscription early Buuuuuuuut sorry these seats are not for you. Not a cool move at all. I guess I just didn't care enough this time and when I saw that take place I thought I'm not spending money on something I don't want so....... 

I hear you man. My friend got fucked out of tickets like you and Called Ticketmaster, was on hold forever and the agent could see all available tickets and there wasn’t anything good available for the die hard fans. That is fucked. Maybe the band thinks all the die hard a desire GA. My friend fought and got two red zone, though.  But that was a fight.

Yeah it is fucked and the Vegas show proved it because when you clicked on "select section" all the sections came up except the 4 middle sections on the side in the lower bowl. So yeah they literally held back the best seats in the house so the diehard fans could not purchase them/ They just assumed we all wanted GA which is stupid. 

41 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Hoping I can get tickets for MSG. It was my second choice after DC and I love seeing my favorite bands at that venue. 

I've seen them at MSG and it was pretty amazing. the vibe of the crowd was fantastic. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bono said:

Going to arena and stadium shows are becoming unbearable. It isn't even about simply high prices, its the shady distribution and BS "platinum" and VIP packs that are just an excuse to mark up the same seats from the source. 

I am grateful I have seen almost all big acts I really want to because its becoming worse every year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Going to arena and stadium shows are becoming unbearable. It isn't even about simply high prices, its the shady distribution and BS "platinum" and VIP packs that are just an excuse to mark up the same seats from the source. 

I am grateful I have seen almost all big acts I really want to because its becoming worse every year

I agree. This isn't even just a  U2 issue. I tried to get tickets in a Foo Fighters presale today. Same shit. Logged on exactly at the time and found there were no prime seats available in the lower bowl. Such an absolute disgrace. What the fuck is the point of a presale if you're gonna purposely prohibit the diehard fans from buying the prime seats? Is it because they think the diehards are stupid and will just scoop up the less desireable nosebleed and back of venue seats so that the general public think fuck yes amazing seats in the general sale? I can't be bothered with flying thousands of miles to a show t sit i the upper decks or at the back of the venue and I'm sure as shit not doing floor seats if they are assigned seats and 9/10 I don't wanna bother with GA. I want the prime seats in the sections just out to the front/side of the stage in the lower bowl. Otherwise these bands can fuck off. 

Jesus, 21st century U2 is one let down after another. Sure, the first half of All that You Can't Leave Behind is good and some tracks off No Line on the Horizon are solid but considering the epicness of Achtung, Zooropa and Pop (not to mention Passengers) it's all so meh.

The second half of ATYCLB is garbage (Wild Honey is a criminal offence), Atomic Bomb is incredibly mundane and NLOTH clearly tried to be a latter day Unforgettable Fire before they shat the bed in studio and came up with some awful Achtung E side like Get in Your Boots.

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1