TIL (old unreleased snippet)

If there was only one good thing to come from the semi-reunion, it's that the planned remix album is now even less likely to ever see the light of day (I mean it wasn't getting released but he did menton it). I'm very thankful for that! I''m sure there may have been something cool on there, but the snippets just sound bad, so I just can't see any reason for releasing it.

11 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Ok, I'll admit I read your post wrong and I was being a bit of a dick. I don't really care about the remixes, nor would the general public, but I maintain my point in regards to other songs in the vault. 

It was long past by that point but I don't really know what the negatives are for releasing it. The priority should be in releasing new music but some fans would definitely dig it and it could be a good freebie for Nightrain members, for example. 

As a freebie that's fair, anything else? not so much.

I get that some fans might like it but, that's a smaller group than the small group that actually liked the Chinese album... what benefit would it have for the band as it stands today? not much benefit. 

15 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I see your point but I also don't think it has to have a benefit. It's done, release it. I'd pay for it, so would other completionists. It wouldn't be popular, wouldn't make a ton of money, I don't think anyone ever thought it would be.

What will probably happen is that it's released with an inevitable Chinese Democracy box set to pad out length and/or be pre-order bonus for certain retailers. Something along those lines. 

I hope that the band is discussing plans because they need to solve this backlog issue and get to releasing music. Or they could conceivably never release new music and what a shame that'd be. 

As a bonus to CD, good idea. As a stand alone record? even as a finished record it makes no sense to release it. The non completionists and regular Joe-shmow fans are quite happy with Guns at the moment, and IMO releasing a re-mix album of Chinese material, that includes more Hip hop drum influences etc. would derail some of that good will. If Guns release anything in the next year or two *IF* :lol: Then It has to be a record that Slash and Duff are playing on, or at least have a good hand in. 

I'd probably give the remix album and look, but I'm a huge fan and I was scratching my head when he mentioned it in 2014, seemed unnecessary then too. 

As a bonus for a live release or anniversary to Chinese then it's definitely something interesting, anything other than that would be a misfire and it would be torn to shreds by media and fans who get their jollies beating on big bands.

• Like 1