GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I don't think it was to belittle people, but to do what anyone would do in his position....defend himself. And if he made statements to the fact that the people talking shit about him, he's absolutely right. If I were in his place honestly I would have told all those haters to kiss the crack of my natural black ads and leave it at that.

He didn't need to stoop so low to defend himself....

And he knew he was doing it and probably it wouldn't have such a huge effect outside this forum because back then no one cared much about what he did.

But that was his 00's OIAM..... very lame and denigrating.

• Like 1

Just now, Rocketqueen76 said:

You can't even begin to compare Hitler and Napoleon to Axl. Hitler and Napoleon were disturbed on a whole different level in a completely different context.

I do not compare them. I am saying there are facts about them all from independent sources. Ok, Let's switch Hitler for Mother Theresa or Ghandi.

2 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

I do not compare them. I am saying there are facts about them all from independent sources. Ok, Let's switch Hitler for Mother Theresa or Ghandi.

And btw - how do you know Hitler was disturbed? How can you judge him if you weren't his personal doctor??

9 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

He cares because he knows that without us fans he would be a forgotten memory. He may not be able to control how people see him, but he is human all the same and he has feelings. He's not a robot constructed of nuts, bolts, and screws...but a man made out of flesh and bone and blood running through his veins. The kind of hate that was being thrown at him fucked him up a great deal and made him wary of what the public will say about him next.

sure but shit being thrown for not showing up at all to concerts or super late is the biggest giveaway that his ego was the main cause as he knows he cannot get away with that shit now with NITL 

the feelings he has is more related to ego when you look at the certain period and a way to defend the failure of CD through bitter long winded megalomaniac type statements that place his worth higher than what actually at the time, the rock and roll hall of fame rejection letter was super egocentric as well - as if the general public cared that much then that he didn't show up, i would've been happier with no statment at all but tried to say they couldn't even talk about him! 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He didn't need to stoop so low to defend himself....

And he knew he was doing it and probably it wouldn't have such a huge effect outside this forum because back then no one cared much about what he did.

But that was his 00's OIAM..... very lame and denigrating.

Again being honest, fans didn't have to stoop so low in talking shit about him either and they knew they were doing it too. You can't play with fire and not expect to get burned. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

sure but shit being thrown for not showing up at all to concerts or super late is the biggest giveaway that his ego was the main cause as he knows he cannot get away with that shit now with NITL 

the feelings he has is more related to ego when you look at the certain period and a way to defend the failure of CD through bitter long winded megalomaniac type statements that place his worth higher than what actually at the time, the rock and roll hall of fame rejection letter was super egocentric as well - as if the general public cared that much then that he didn't show up, i would've been happier with no statment at all but tried to say they couldn't even talk about him! 

Well they must have cared a hell of a lot because when his name was mentioned, the crowd jeered at him not being there soooo.....

10 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

You can't even begin to compare Hitler and Napoleon to Axl. Hitler and Napoleon were disturbed on a whole different level in a completely different context.

How do you know Hitler was disturbed? How can you judge him if you weren't his personal doctor??

10 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

And btw - how do you know Hitler was disturbed? How can you judge him if you weren't his personal doctor??

There is a marked difference between describing specific documented behavior or actions - for instance, saying "Hitler was the Fuhrer of Germany and made policies that killed millions of people" vs  giving someone a formal diagnosis from the DSM - for instance, saying "Hitler acted this way because he had this specific disease" while positioning oneself as a scholar or mental health clinician. You really don't get that, do you?

Edited by stella
  • Like 3

Just now, Rocketqueen76 said:

Pump your breaks young lady, let me ask you the same question....

I was asked this question earlier - and by asking you, I am trying to prove that indeed some things can be proven and said without being somebody's doctor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stella said:

There is a marked difference between noting specific documented behavior or actions - for instance, saying "Hitler was the Fuhrer of Germany and made policies that killed millions of people" vs  giving someone a formal diagnosis from the DSM - for instance, saying "Hitler acted this way because he had this specific disease" while positioning oneself as a scholar or mental health clinician. You really don't get that, do you?

And yet, he was diagnosed by some well respected and not-his-doctors psychologists.

2 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

I was asked this question earlier - and by asking you, I am trying to prove that indeed some things can be proven and said without being somebody's doctor.

Not like the claims you are making.

1 minute ago, marlenaire said:

And yet, he was diagnosed by some well respected and not-his-doctors psychologists.

When? After his death?

7 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Again being honest, fans didn't have to stoop so low in talking shit about him either and they knew they were doing it too. You can't play with fire and not expect to get burned. 

How do you know the fan was actually "talking shit". She had an information. It may be accurate or inaccurate. She was convinced it was real and so many other fans backed up her sayings.

If Axl got mad like that, maybe she hit a nail..... It is a possibility..... You can pick Axl's side but that doesn't mean the truth lies there, on his side, 100% of the time.

And even if all of that was untrue, he could have acted like a gentleman and actually like a superior human being and defend himself like a decent person. But he chose the worst path, showing all of his misogyny and ignorance, even in 2010. Really a bad sign of his mental state up to that year.

Fire and burn, that's now how professional people play the media game.

• Like 2

Just now, marlenaire said:

Actually, the respected body of written and filmed information on Hitler does not formally diagnose anything. They might restate Dx that were actually *in his medical record and diagnosed by HIS doctors,* and they might say, "He had ____ symptoms, which might have suggested _______ illness." But no, there isn't a reputable physician or mental health clinician anywhere who will tell you Hitler definitively had anything in particular unless it is something that was diagnosed by his own doctors. Same thing with George III. He had a lot of symptoms that would suggest a specific rare blood disorder, but since there is no tangible backup, reputable historians and doctors will not say he DID have it. They will only restate his symptoms.

The only time they will ever diagnose a historical figure - and that is a big ONLY- is when there's solid DNA evidence OR there's an actual body they can examine. Obviously that is for physical health issues and not mental ones. The Egyptian mummies would be an example. Yes, they have given some of those mummies medical diagnoses but they've also given them clinical evaluations, put them through CT scans and such.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How do you know the fan was actually "talking shit". She had an information. It may be accurate or inaccurate. She was convinced it was real and so many other fans backed up her sayings.

If Axl got mad like that, maybe she hit a nail..... It is a possibility..... You can pick Axl's side but that doesn't mean the truth lies there, on his side, 100% of the time.

And even if all of that was untrue, he could have acted like a gentleman and actually like a superior human being and defend himself like a decent person. But he chose the worst path, showing all of his misogyny and ignorance, even in 2010. Really a bad sign of his mental state up to that year.

Fire and burn, that's now how professional people play the media game.

Not picking sides, just stating that a person has the right to defend themselves however they see fit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stella said:

Actually, the respected body of written and filmed information on Hitler does not formally diagnose anything. They might restate Dx that were actually *in his medical record and diagnosed by HIS doctors,* and they might say, "He had ____ symptoms, which might have suggested _______ illness." But no, there isn't a reputable physician or mental health clinician anywhere who will tell you Hitler definitively had anything in particular unless it is something that was diagnosed by his own doctors. Same thing with George III. He had a lot of symptoms that would suggest a specific rare blood disorder, but since there is no tangible backup, reputable historians and doctors will not say he DID have it. They will only restate his symptoms.

The only time they will ever diagnose a historical figure - and that is a big ONLY- is when there's solid DNA evidence OR there's an actual body they can examine. Obviously that is for physical health issues and not mental ones. The Egyptian mummies would be an example. Yes, they have given some of those mummies medical diagnoses but they've also given them clinical evaluations, put them through CT scans and such.

Ok. Axl has almost all symptoms that suggest Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

41 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I don't think it was to belittle people, but to do what anyone would do in his position....defend himself. And if he made statements to the fact that the people talking shit about him, he's absolutely right. If I were in his place honestly I would have told all those haters to kiss the crack of my natural black ads and leave it at that.

I'm going to agree with this. I didn't like some of the words he used and it was a very, very harsh comment, but on the other hand, after reading so much bullshit about himself for so long, it's kind of reasonable that he would have eventually said something. And the person to whom he spoke, IIRC, was someone who had pissed off a lot of people here. I think that was one reason there wasn't more backlash...people were kind of glad that particular poster got told off.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, marlenaire said:

Hahaha - I think he wants to go to the loo :)

Nooooooooo, that's Adolf rocking himself to the chords and melody of One In A Million.

It is a lullaby for the man, don't you see, doctor??

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Not picking sides, just stating that a person has the right to defend themselves however they see fit. 

No, they don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Nooooooooo, that's Adolf rocking himself to the chords and melody of One In A Million.

It is a lullaby for the man, don't you see, doctor??

:lol:

No, they don't.

Soooo...you don't feel you should defend yourself against someone in the manner you see fit at the time of a particular incident or encounter?

• Like 3