"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

I would be fine with a new Axl and Angus album, but it shouldn't be AC/DC anymore... Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge AC/DC fan but now that Malcolm, Brian, Phill and Cliff are gone I think it's a good time to end AC/DC. If there's going to be an album with angus on guitar and Axl on vocals it would be great, but it wouldn't be an AC/DC album.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2017 at 4:47 PM, Rovim said:

I think it's likely they're gonna do an album together. I know Angus is strict, I think a hard working and inspired Axl can do great things with any musician that he shares musical chemistry with and it's Hard Rock so it's nothing new to Axl.

But to what extent will Angus trust Axl? I think he can capture what Bon Scott did vocally, but also lyrically if given enough artistic freedom. Playful yet dark and always cool.

Angus seems to trust, and truly like, Axl! I don't know quite what you're getting at.

22 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

honestlu, after the novelty wears i think the clashing begin. JMO

I seriously doubt that. It sounds more like wishful thinking than actual opinion and hoping he runs back to GnR asap. Angus is his idol and AC/DC favorite band. If the "novelty" were going to wear off, all those concerts would have done it by now. Axl is over the moon with Angus. Axl knows his place in AC/DC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadHorse16 said:

I would be fine with a new Axl and Angus album, but it shouldn't be AC/DC anymore... Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge AC/DC fan but now that Malcolm, Brian, Phill and Cliff are gone I think it's a good time to end AC/DC. If there's going to be an album with angus on guitar and Axl on vocals it would be great, but it wouldn't be an AC/DC album.

Well, Angus clearly thinks it should still be AC/DC and we don't get a vote on it. I think it could potentially be the most "AC/DC album" since 'Highway to Hell.' I never saw Brian as great fit to start with and his voice has been wretched for at least 20 years.

Edited by CynthiaLevin
Mistake
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, CynthiaLevin said:

Great post James Bond. I'm an AC/DC fan too, but I have felt that for soooo long Brian's compromised vocals have held them back, at least going back to the 1990's. I honestly see Axl's involvement as a return to form for them. 

unfortunately this ..  i love brian but he has been the weak link too long .

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I have no trouble admitting that Axl sounded better last year at 54 than Brian did at about the same age (Stiff Upper Lip tour). Check out some 2015 videos though - Brian was pretty impressive for someone at 68 singing in his style. He only went to real shit in the 2016 run on the heels of his leaving the band. I just completely understand fans not accepting Axl as their frontman regardless of how good he has been doing. It's justified.

Using my other example - if Sebastian Bach didn't "mickey" his way through You Could Be Mine, then arguably it'd be better than Axl's current rendition. Does that mean we automatically have to accept him as our new Guns N' Roses frontman? Of course not.

Brian is my favorite rock singer of all time with much thanks to the Back In Black album, but I can't deny that it's been fun hearing Axl sing those songs. After 2011-2014 I really had my doubts but he's pulled it off. As I expect Angus will churn out an album sooner than later, I do look forward to hearing Axl take that same commitment to the studio.

That's not to say I want him to prioritize AC/DC over Guns. I just realistically think that, given Guns track record, an AC/DC album will happen first. Someone else mentioned in this thread that it's not like an AC/DC album happens "instead of" a Guns album. If both are going to happen, then they will.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2017 at 3:45 PM, melina i said:

I guess heartbroken is a strong word, i feel bummed out, this sucks

Maybe not. I think AXL/DC can happen pretty fast once the NITL tour wraps up. Record it fast, hit the road for a year then GNR. Hopefully anyway.

All GNR fans will probably be a little bummed if it's not straight to GNR, understandable. Me, and it feels like others, just so damn ready to hear some new fresh vocals from Axl, we'll take what we can get. Especially after hearing how good AXL/DC sounded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I don't give a damn how old they are, AXL/DC is the truth.

i am not saying i don't want a collaboration, i just feel Axl has more to give with GN'R. to me the best thing about AXL/DC is it gave me my love of Bon era AC/DC back.i am sure Axl is very happy. but i don't want AXL/DC over Guns'N Roses EVER. jmo...

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 5:09 PM, CynthiaLevin said:

Well, Angus clearly thinks it should still be AC/DC and we don't get a vote on it. I think it could potentially be the most "AC/DC album" since 'Highway to Hell.' I never saw Brian as great fit to start with and his voice has been wretched for at least 20 years.

that i actually agree with. and i think i misread this whole thing ( bad flu or something . ) i just listened to Axl's Touch Too Much and i have to say it was VERY close to Bon. i guess i want both, cos there is GN'R without Axl and i can't live in a world without GN'R. sorry :)

Oh boy... If this is true, it is probably the biggest letdown this band has ever offered to their fans. If he goes on recording the album with AC/DC after this tour instead of working on Guns new music and then tours with it for another two years - well, then there is basically no hope for Guns. Who cares what he can possibly bring to the table with Guns in 2022? Nobody even knows if he still has any voice left at that time or if Slash and Duff are even available or interested after 5 years or even if everyone is alive... Gee, the guy will be 60 then...

They are all men of some age and it is not so that they can wait forever with another move, especially Axl. And this fucking band that has released one fucking shitty album in the last almost thirty years needs that record, even if just to put a closure to it all. But if they don't do it still on the aftermath of the success and excitement of this tour, I honestly don't think it will ever be done. Damn the fucking Angus Young. I guess he definitely ruined our only chance to hear new, original music from Guns N'Roses. If he didn't pop up with that offer for Axl, they would most likely at least give it a try. But instead we'll get AC/DC, the band that spat out tons of shitty music already.

I'd give a lot to hear at least this one more time what Axl and Slash can do together creatively after all those years of waiting and hoping. Instead I will get an Angus Young shit. Fuck! Hell, I knew the day it was made public that Axl will tour with them that this will rouin everything for Guns and it will. This is some ironic shit. :(

• Like 2