Dizzy Darren Reed's Demotion?

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Ahh you got me. Forgot about Tobias in that statement. :facepalm::lol:

Agreed with your last statement. Don't care for Ron Thal, Fortus, or DJ Ashba from the nu-lineup. Overall a massive downgrade from 01/02. A lot of people love Fortus on this forum but here's the thing - what have these nu players actually written that has stood the test of time? Only Buckethead, Finck, and Tommy Stinson have legit credibility as musicians and artists.

I know Axl has screwed with the crediting system to make Tobias look like the next Izzy, but even taking that into consideration, Tobias has more writing cred than Fortus. If Fortus is as good as everyone says he is, why isn't he all over Chinese Democracy? Even Ron Thal had his input added in at the last minute before release. Fortus has the least input out of anyone in the entire lineup on that album.

He's a touring/session musician like Dizzy basically. No shame in that but calling either of these guys a member of a legendary band is stretching the limits of credibility. And I feel the same way about Gilby.

I don't mind Fortus as much as you but it says alot when a lead guitarist does a better job on rhythm guitar (like Bumble on CD). 

“Only Buckethead, Finck, and Tommy Stinson have legit credibility as musicians and artists.“

Buckethead, Robin, Tommy, Chris and Brain were THE most important members from CD. It was over when most of them left the band.

• Like 1