Infamous 1990 American Music Awards

I remember watching that live when it happened.  I was a teenager and was a humongous GNR fan.  I was watching the show only because I knew GNR was nominated & I remember hoping they were going to perform.  Back then there was no internet & I had just heard on the radio that they were going to be on & I had no way of knowing the whole band wasn't planning on being there.   Anyway I was laughing my ass off watching it & I was pissed when they were cut off during their second speech.  I turned the TV off after that & went to bed.  I remember hearing the next day on the local radio station that Dick Clark was really angry & had banned them from future AMA's.  Not sure if that was ever true.

Edited by Chewy2

16 minutes ago, Chewy2 said:

I remember watching that live when it happened.  I was a teenager and was a humongous GNR fan.  I was watching the show only because I knew GNR was nominated & I remember hoping they were going to perform.  

Same here. Good stuff.

I remember seeing it live as well...was hoping they would perform...then watched them receive the awards and at first was wondering why they got cut off, then it dawned on me that Slash dropped a couple of F bombs...lol.  That was pretty much it...didn't think it was that huge of a deal until the media made it a big deal during the following weeks.