True Story Behind Axl Rose's Guitar Playing Ability

I always found this an interesting topic. Whenever I interviewed Sean Beavan and Youth I brought this up and they talked about Axl playing guitar on chinese democracy songs. I've compiled the comments, interviews etc from over the years. I even remember the rumors of Axl playing rhythm guitar around 96 before Slash left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I've never seen an interview with Kurt Loder where he's not laughing at every little thing the interviewee says. He's either extremely easily amused or the biggest kiss ass you can have for an interviewer.

I'd go with the bolded :P

40 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'd go with the bolded :P

I watched the uncut interview with Nirvana from 1993 on youtube once and he's laughing out loud at almost every quasi-funny line that came out of their mouths. Everyone in Nirvana was clearly wasted so maybe they didn't mind, but I wouldn't have been able to take him seriously if he had been interviewing me. 

Just now, EvanG said:

I watched the uncut interview with Nirvana from 1993 on youtube once and he's laughing out loud at almost every quasi-funny line that came out of their mouths. Everyone in Nirvana was clearly wasted so maybe they didn't mind, but I wouldn't have been able to take him seriously if he had been interviewing me. 

I guess famous people are used to being fawned over and accept the sycophantic behaviour of the media.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tremolo said:

I’m glad he never did.

Trying to play like someone else? That really goes against anything truly creative. It’s derivative, unoriginal and cheesy as fuck

I always thought that Axl learning guitar was all about what Sean said in the interview: learning how to use a tool to translate his ideas into sounds. Axl didn’t want to become a guitar player.

Had a video in Axl house and he show a collection of guitars in his room.