Roseanne Barr

22 hours ago, soon said:

You know, imo, and I dont think Im alone in this; this show was her second chance. Didnt surprise me one bit when she tweeted that. :shrugs:

The freedom of speech is American and it applies to speaking about Communism. The freedom of assembly is American and it applies to Communists gathering. It took Christians, Communists and Malcolm X to get civil rights through, never forget. Weekends and 40 hour work week, paid holidays, sick leaves: Communists, Christians and Anarchists made that happen. I hope its true that she is one! Y'all need more of those, not less in this day and age. Of course you got many folks down there saying Obama is a Communist too and thats obviously BS.

I understand that her fans had high hopes and were really let down by her racist remarks. But she sure did say it. I can appreciate how hard it is to reconcile fandom with this sad reality. You can still give her a second chance with what ever she'll do next. Or maybe the world needs to offer her the chance to disappear and sort herself out?

Well, if Roseanne was always like this and always made remarks like the one she tweeted, then by did Sarah Gilbert want to bring the show back? I mean she's a gay woman and I would think she wouldn't want to work with a woman like Roseanne. If it was just about the money, they should have kept the show on.

I'm just sick of all the talk now. It seems shit like this goes on forever and ever.

It depresses me to watch the news nowadays. If there is a nice good story, it's like 1 second and on to the horrible events of the day. Makes me sick.

13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, if Roseanne was always like this and always made remarks like the one she tweeted, then by did Sarah Gilbert want to bring the show back? I mean she's a gay woman and I would think she wouldn't want to work with a woman like Roseanne. If it was just about the money, they should have kept the show on.

I'm just sick of all the talk now. It seems shit like this goes on forever and ever.

It depresses me to watch the news nowadays. If there is a nice good story, it's like 1 second and on to the horrible events of the day. Makes me sick.

The news has been devastating for as long as theres been news, probably? 

Did they announce a new spin off I think? Like people had been calling for?

Whichever way I slice it I can’t see past institutions/corporate interests censoring Roseanne. It’s sets a dangerous precedent. Sure people can say I don’t like her tweet and stop watching, but when a tv network decides for us I get suspicious. It’s not worth the risk. 

The only positive is Roseanne shouldn’t of had a show anyway. She had her time, let some new younger people get a career. She should have just stayed on the beach and instagram’d cocktails and hotdogs. 

11 hours ago, soon said:

The news has been devastating for as long as theres been news, probably? 

Did they announce a new spin off I think? Like people had been calling for?

The news is just there to scared the shit out of you really. We were days away for nuclear war with NK. When they eviserate Roseanne on their tv I definitely twice about running my mouth. They might come take my xbox360 away. 

4 hours ago, wasted said:

The news is just there to scared the shit out of you really. We were days away for nuclear war with NK. When they eviserate Roseanne on their tv I definitely twice about running my mouth. They might come take my xbox360 away. 

Some news. 24/7 network news or alex jones (if that counts as news). But theres lots of quality sources of news. I take advantage of out Public Broadcaster to get a view of the world and then go on to some more specialized sources from there.

I remember talking on here with another Canadian about how our Broadcaster is so committed to not being sensational or fear mongering that sometimes there are important stories that we feel they dont cover enough or at lest dont feature in easy to find sections of the site. Sometimes they go too far on the side of 'responsibility' maybe even.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Some news. 24/7 network news or alex jones (if that counts as news). But theres lots of quality sources of news. I take advantage of out Public Broadcaster to get a view of the world and then go on to some more specialized sources from there.

I remember talking on here with another Canadian about how our Broadcaster is so committed to not being sensational or fear mongering that sometimes there are important stories that we feel they dont cover enough or at lest dont feature in easy to find sections of the site. Sometimes they go too far on the side of 'responsibility' maybe even.

I have limited access, so US cable news, bbc, Sky news. And generally they mimic each other, just tone is different. I generally read books and apply that to what I see. Demagogues like Trump use fear to get what they want. Obama or Clinton have nice rhetoric but hide the real evil. They both distract from the important things. The state is really there to serve itself. Politicians understand that but the people don’t get that for the most part. The biggest religion is statism. But I mean standard of living is up world wide so why worry. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I have limited access, so US cable news, bbc, Sky news. And generally they mimic each other, just tone is different. I generally read books and apply that to what I see. Demagogues like Trump use fear to get what they want. Obama or Clinton have nice rhetoric but hide the real evil. They both distract from the important things. The state is really there to serve itself. Politicians understand that but the people don’t get that for the most part. The biggest religion is statism. But I mean standard of living is up world wide so why worry. 

Do you get the hardcore state propaganda news there? Or is that more of a mainland thing?

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Do you get the hardcore state propaganda news there? Or is that more of a mainland thing?

I’m on the mainland the main thing I notice is not getting news about human rights stuff, HK news. Shanghai is more business oriented so it’s not really a thing. It’s just unbridled consumerism. In a way that’s a step forward. Billions of people lifted out of poverty by authotarian capitalism. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I’m on the mainland the main thing I notice is not getting news about human rights stuff, HK news. Shanghai is more business oriented so it’s not really a thing. It’s just unbridled consumerism. In a way that’s a step forward. Billions of people lifted out of poverty by authotarian capitalism. 

I guess I am confused about the geography will have to look at some maps for edification.

Just anecdotally, seems like HK human rights things arent a main focus of news here. Its one of those things that people are aware of but its not many peoples focus unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, soon said:

I guess I am confused about the geography will have to look at some maps for edification.

Just anecdotally, seems like HK human rights things arent a main focus of news here. Its one of those things that people are aware of but its not many peoples focus unfortunately.

It’s not so much human rights in HK, it’s China governing them again. And how china are taking over there. But in china maybe there’s more just shut your mouth or die. But the thing is chinese people are happy because the gov have given them a better life than they can of expected. More opportunities. Maybe in HK they are losing the special feeling. I suppose that’s the east coast west coast of asia. 

I think some celebrities got rounded up for smoking weed. Roseanne got off lightly. 

4 hours ago, wasted said:

Well, I guess it's good the people are being taken care of. so many people around the world are suffering and nothing gets done. It's just too sad.

I wish there was an answer but there are so many nations that we can't change them all.

I just feel there are more important things to discuss than Roseanne tweeted shit.

it seems the news like to tell how horrible things are.

I saw this story the other day about a blind and deaf man on a plane. They couldn't communicate with him and asked if anyone knew sign language.

Well, a 15 year old girl did know and after a few minutes she communicated with him and they gave him water and a blanket and this girl talked to this man for over an hour.

I was actually smiling when I saw this story. Another passenger filmed it. I thought finally a good story about good people helping out.

WE need more of these stories to help us get through the day.:heart:

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I guess it's good the people are being taken care of. so many people around the world are suffering and nothing gets done. It's just too sad.

I wish there was an answer but there are so many nations that we can't change them all.

I just feel there are more important things to discuss than Roseanne tweeted shit.

it seems the news like to tell how horrible things are.

I saw this story the other day about a blind and deaf man on a plane. They couldn't communicate with him and asked if anyone knew sign language.

Well, a 15 year old girl did know and after a few minutes she communicated with him and they gave him water and a blanket and this girl talked to this man for over an hour.

I was actually smiling when I saw this story. Another passenger filmed it. I thought finally a good story about good people helping out.

WE need more of these stories to help us get through the day.:heart:

This kind ofvstory doesn’t help political party get elected. In fact it shows that people don’t really need a gov to sort things out. As Jeff Goldblum says in Jurassic Park, Life finds a way. 

Why doesn’t the Good News show sell? Maybe because we are sort of trained to fear. As humans that’s how we have survived. 

In some ways they are looling after themselves, expectations are lower and family is strong, so one person making money supports 4-5 people. They can taste the luxury products and services. Or brutal low paying factory jobs can pull them out of poverty. So more people are happy. In the west nothing makes us happy. 

Edited by wasted

• 2 weeks later...

Roseanne Barr signed over all her rights, to The Connors show could be made and all those people who worked on Roseanne still have jobs.

I still say make the character of Roseanne die during her knee surgery and I really hope the show takes place about a year after her death. I don't want a depressing show, I want a funny one and a show that makes you think about shit that's happening today.

Believe me trying to make ends meet is exactly how my life is.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, wasted said:

This kind ofvstory doesn’t help political party get elected. In fact it shows that people don’t really need a gov to sort things out. As Jeff Goldblum says in Jurassic Park, Life finds a way. 

Why doesn’t the Good News show sell? Maybe because we are sort of trained to fear. As humans that’s how we have survived. 

In some ways they are looling after themselves, expectations are lower and family is strong, so one person making money supports 4-5 people. They can taste the luxury products and services. Or brutal low paying factory jobs can pull them out of poverty. So more people are happy. In the west nothing makes us happy. 

Oh family makes me happy. yeah, we struggle to pay bills and other things, but having family makes it a little easier.

I wish I had more money and less bills but having my daughter makes my life so much fuller and full of love.

We all need support in our lives. Loving and caring about family and friends makes going through the hard stuff easier.

13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Roseanne Barr signed over all her rights, to The Connors show could be made and all those people who worked on Roseanne still have jobs.

I still say make the character of Roseanne die during her knee surgery and I really hope the show takes place about a year after her death. I don't want a depressing show, I want a funny one and a show that makes you think about shit that's happening today.

Believe me trying to make ends meet is exactly how my life is.

Oh family makes me happy. yeah, we struggle to pay bills and other things, but having family makes it a little easier.

I wish I had more money and less bills but having my daughter makes my life so much fuller and full of love.

We all need support in our lives. Loving and caring about family and friends makes going through the hard stuff easier.

Like someone I met said it’s okay if you don’t expect much.