Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

This looks great. Really enjoyed the last film. I like that they are exploring Rowling's Wizarding World. David Yates returns as director and this would be his 6th film in this universe. 

Jude Law is an interesting pic for a young Dumbledore. He will be the first English actor to play Dumbledore as Michael Gambon and the late Richard Harris were Irish. They seem to forgo Rowling's insistence of British and Irish actors only as they did in Harry Potter. Johnny Depp returns as Grindelwald. 

• Like 1

I had my doubts about a film without Harry, Ron & Hermione, mainly because I basically grew up with their stories. It turned out that "Fantastic Beasts" was way more than just a cash grab. 

Edited by Sosso

On 7/23/2018 at 11:30 PM, Sosso said:

I'm glad that Rowling has creative control over the project, as she has written the sccreenplay for both or the films. I wouldn't watch them otherwise.

I wish she did with Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What a load of crap. 

12 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I wish she did with Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. What a load of crap. 

I wish that she would write a prequel series about the school days of James, Lily, Sirius, Remus, Peter and Snape or maybe eben about the First Wizarding War. There are still a lot of untold and unexplored stories.

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I wish that would write a prequel series about the school days of James, Lily, Sirius, Remus, Peter and Snape. 

Yeah that would be cool. The Fantastic Beast franchise suppose to end around 1945 where Dumbledore faces Grindelwald. 

As much as I would like a Harry Potter sequel, I'd rather if Rowling penned it herself. And no time travel bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yeah that would be cool. The Fantastic Beast franchise suppose to end around 1945 where Dumbledore faces Grindelwald. 

As much as I would like a Harry Potter sequel, I'd rather if Rowling penned it herself. And no time travel bullshit. 

Agreed. They should rather use a Pensieve, like the one that was used by Dumbledore.