Reelz channel

On Saturday, January 30, Reelz is having a new show about the bad boys of rock and roll and first up is Axl Rose. It's 7 to 9 central time. Can't wait to see it.

Right after if Guns N Roses Breaking of the band.

I really hope this show has something new that I've never heard or seen before, but it should be cool to see a show about Axl.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched this special last night. Actually had things about Axl I didn't know.  Still makes me sad to know he was abused.  I've found out that some people who were abused as children become bi polar as adults. I wonder if any doctors have put this together.

I thought it was a good special and not at all bashing Axl for anything that goes wrong. It was nice to see interviews with Axl during the crazy days and now.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Watched this special last night. Actually had things about Axl I didn't know.  Still makes me sad to know he was abused.  I've found out that some people who were abused as children become bi polar as adults. I wonder if any doctors have put this together.

I thought it was a good special and not at all bashing Axl for anything that goes wrong. It was nice to see interviews with Axl during the crazy days and now.

Yeah, it wasn't bad and like you there were a few tidbits I wasn't aware of. The footage of Axl being arrested for allegedly assaulting his neighbor was hilarious. I had seen it before but it was a long time ago. The cops are taking him to the squad car and he's saying "what can I say, I live next door to a psycho." Then they put him in the car and he says "see you in court." But, he got a good song out of it so it was worth it, I guess. 

Yeah, "Right next door to Hell" was written about that incident. Sometimes when you live near someone famous people have to mess with you. I remember when the Osbourmes was on vh1 Sharon hated her neighbors and she would throw food over into their yard. They never called the cops and it was on tv! lol

Axl talking about his abuse was heartbreaking to me. But I sometimes wonder if he or others would have become famous without all the sufferering? Guess we won't know. 

I was just glad all the GNR members are still alive to continue together. The shit they all went through could have killed most of them.

And learning Step had a little boy who Axl loved was sad due to the fact that he recently passed away to a drug overdose. I bet that hit Axl hard too.

Watched the Aerosmith Breaking the band last night. Those guys were super crazy, especially Steven and Joe. They hated each other. Unreal that Joe gave Steven heroin to snort and he thought it was coke. He could have killed him. Never a fan of this band anyway.

They talked about when they finally got sober it was a clean touring no drugs or booze. I was hoping they would talk about when GNR toured with them since they drank and did drugs but nothing was said about that. I doubt GNR would have listen to the drug free zone, but it would have been cool to know what happened on that tour? I know GNR sold more merch than Aerosmith lol

Next week is Twisted Sister and Poison. Can't wait to see those two shows!

On 1/31/2021 at 10:32 PM, lame ass security said:

Yeah, it wasn't bad and like you there were a few tidbits I wasn't aware of. The footage of Axl being arrested for allegedly assaulting his neighbor was hilarious. I had seen it before but it was a long time ago. The cops are taking him to the squad car and he's saying "what can I say, I live next door to a psycho." Then they put him in the car and he says "see you in court." But, he got a good song out of it so it was worth it, I guess. 

That footage is not Axl being arrested like they said in the doc. It's from afterwards when he was released and got in a limo with Doug Goldstein.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3070-1990-10-30-telephone-inteview-with-axl-mtv

• Thanks 1