Final Season of The Walking Dead

The last 8 episodes of The Walking Dead began last Sunday night.

So far so good.  Greg N. promised the last shows will be epic.

We know that Daryl will have his own show next year and Negan and Maggie will also.

Rick and Michoone will meet up and be with their kids again for a new series.

I do hope most of Daryl's group make it out alive. Not sure. 

7 more shows to go. Will miss the show, but since there will still be Fear the Walking Dead and many spinoffs it won't feel like it's gone for good.

There's always the dvds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the development in the last two episodes (A New Deal / Variant). Finally something is changing in that rotten government system. Very intriguing plot, too. 
I’m still very sceptical we’ll see anything regarding Rick and Michonne in this season; they’ll probably leave it all for their spin-off. (No spoilers, please.) Or, knowing them, they’ll put a huge cliffhanger at the end (but probably not even that). 
Also, Wikipedia says the Daryl spin-off will only include him and not Carol. 

Yeah, Mellissa who plays Carol didn't want to go to Europe and be away from her family. she's been with TWD from season 1.

Anyway, Rick and Michonne will have their own spin off series.

Negan and Maggie will also have their own spin off takes place in NYC.

Norman let it slip that Darly will see castles and be in France. Guess he gets kidnapped?

Not sure who will live or who will die.

I'm glad that community is getting messed with, but not sure how "our" people will get out safely?

Watch closely because these walkers are changing now and not for the better.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never understand script decisions like these. Why did Lydia have to have that shit happen to her? What is the gain from this one episode from the end? What does it change? Not to mention the whole scene was lame - they could have hid behind the caravan (the front part, like you would hide from a water stream), or just kept walking to the side and let the herd pass first etc. I like Lydia, and I didn't like this BS.

Anyway, let's see what the last episode will bring us. I still think they should have included the Rick/Michonne arc in this season and finish it all in one sitting, but oh well. 

Edited by jamillos

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'll never understand script decisions like these. Why did Lydia have to have that shit happen to her? What is the gain from this one episode from the end? What does it change? Not to mention the whole scene was lame - they could have hid behind the caravan (the front part, like you would hide from a water stream), or just kept walking to the side and let the herd pass first etc. I like Lydia, and I didn't like this BS.

Anyway, let's see what the last episode will bring us. I still think they should have included the Rick/Michonne arc in this season and finish it all in one sitting, but oh well. 

The show wanted to show you how it's not easy getting away from a mob of walkers even though Lydia has been walking among them all her life.

Well, I'm sure the ending will be epic. Going to miss this show, but can't wait for the 3 spin offs.  Those shows are already filming right now and be on in 2023.

What an amazing series finale. Loved it.

And the Talking Dead had all the characters from the beginning to the end. Very cool to see so many original characters. 

And some lucky fans got to see the finale with the actors and then watch the show afterwards.

It was a special night.

Can't wait for the new series in 2023

All in all, I’m quite satisfied. A few loose ends, but I’m looking forward to the Rick/Michonne spin-off (glad there were those few shots at the end), plus I’ll probably watch the Daryl one and the Negan one too. It would be nice if they made some final episode afterwards where they’ll all meet together at the end. 

Edited by jamillos

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

All in all, I’m quite satisfied. A few loose ends, but I’m looking forward to the Rick/Michonne spin-off (glad there were those few shots at the end), plus I’ll probably watch the Daryl one and the Negan one too. It would be nice if they made some final episode afterwards where they’ll all meet together at the end. 

Yeah, I agree maybe Rick and Michonne and Daryl and Maggie and Negan returned. Guess we'll see.

Despite my ranting and raving about this show over the years it was touching seeing it come to an end of sorts.

But like GN'R, the wasted potential of TWD is just deflating. I'd love for an animated series to come along sometime, with a clearer vision on the entire story. TWD can be clearly spliced into three arcs, survival (Atlanta, the rise and fall of the prison), rebuilding (Alexandria, the war) and maintaining (The Whisperers and the Commonwealth)

While the initial series are always the best in any show, I consider probably the strongest part of the story, at least in terms of my emotion investment, the part where they encountered Negan the Badass, with the entire following season. Alpha and the masks had nothing on him, and as for the Governor (remember him?), that was pretty strong too, but it was more like an overture to what was yet to come. Negan was fucking intense. And I liked the later development of the character as well. 

Edited by jamillos

• 1 month later...

Awesome but 2024. Damn.

Anyway, the WD for Negan and Maggie begins in May.

Probably after that will be "Fear the Walking dead" which I watch and love. Madison is back and she's with Morgan. Should be an exciting season.

I wonder when Darryl's show will begin?

Can't wait for all the WD shows.

Thanks for posting.

• 1 year later...

I really want Rick and Michonne to find each other and get the hell away from these military morons.  I also hope eventually they will meet up with Daryl and find their way back home. I would love for all the original members of the TWD who are still alive to meet up and make their home together. That would be a great ending.

I don't like the whole military shit.  There has to be a peaceful solution for Rick and company. They have been through a lot and need to have their last days without all that stress and bullshit.

Thanks for posting.