Elton John & GNR @ The 1992 MTV VMAs

is that the concert where Kurt Cobain admits to spitting "big goobers" all over one of the pianos? Apparently he tried spitting on Axl's piano, but the piano he spat on was actually Elton's instead.

Considering Elton hasn't mentioned anything about a soggy piano (at least I have not heard an interview from him mentioning that), and he didn't seem to react as if there was something wrong with his piano in the video footage, either someone managed to clean up the piano in time, or Elton John was a supreme actor at hiding his true feelings about playing on a soggy piano :O

17 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

is that the concert where Kurt Cobain admits to spitting "big goobers" all over one of the pianos? Apparently he tried spitting on Axl's piano, but the piano he spat on was actually Elton's instead.

Considering Elton hasn't mentioned anything about a soggy piano (at least I have not heard an interview from him mentioning that), and he didn't seem to react as if there was something wrong with his piano in the video footage, either someone managed to clean up the piano in time, or Elton John was a supreme actor at hiding his true feelings about playing on a soggy piano :O

Corey taylor wiped the spit off with his balls.

2 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

Here's about the '92 VMAs: https://www.a-4-d.com/t5000p30-15-may-december-1992-touring-and-feuds#19754

46 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Thanks, that was a fun read! The part where Axl somehow detected Courtney Love's "energy" was weird. I think Melissa referred to Axl as a PsychicChio in one of her instagram posts. I don't know what a Chio is, but the psychic part rings a bell.

By the way, thanks for being one of the people in charge of a-4-d.com. That site is a real resource gem, well organised top tier stuff. To this forum keeping threads from ages back visible, to the entire a-4-d site, it really cements the Guns N Roses fans as being excellent archivists who value information, and makes it easier for current and newer fans to dig into knowledge of the band.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AXL-

You know, we’ve had our share of problems with so-called alternative bands. What is this word? I mean, I didn’t find myself using it. “Alternative.” Like someone who lives an alternative lifestyle. All I know is that when Guns N’ Roses started, ain’t no fucking radio stations wanted to play our shit either. And no radio stations wanted to play Metallica. So I think we have the world’s biggest alternative crowd here tonight.

I think that the problem starts when you start thinking that you’re different from everybody else on the fucking planet. You may be a little different in what you’re doing and how you’re going about doing it, but I’ve got a good feeling that you’re probably a human. Right? You’re probably a human being?

And so, right now, “alternative”, the only thing that means to me is someone like Kurt Cobain in Nirvana, who basically is a fuckin’ junkie with a junkie wife. And if the baby is born deformed, I think they both ought to go to prison, that’s my feeling. And he’s too good and too cool to bring his rock ‘n’ roll to you, because the majority of you he doesn’t like or want to play to – or even have you like his music.

It seems to be a general feeling among a lot of alternative bands, that they don’t want the majority of people even liking them. They like it on the outside.

Citrus Bowl, Orlando, USA, September 2, 1992

• Like 2