Guns N'Roses songs that you like the music, but hate lyrically? 🤔

So, in a Sister Sister episode, Tia and Tamera are huge fans of Cold Dog, a sexist, misogynistic, pig who doesn't respect Women in his lyrics(One of his lyrics literally implies you should smack a woman if she doesn't want to have sex with you(The exact lyric is,"Baby says no smack that ho!" 🤦‍♂️😒🙄😳😱🤢, he'd be so cancelled in 2022 for his sexist , pig, misogynistic attitude).  Ray scolds Tia and Tamera for being fans of a sexist, misogynistic, pig and they respond something like, "We're not listening to the lyrics, we're listening to the music. " Ray replies, "The lyrics are the music!" I personally thought,"Tia and Tamera are clearly listening to the MUSIC, as on the beat, the flow, the instruments, not the lyrics. Big difference."

There are GNR songs I like the music, but hate the lyrics. I like Back Off Bitch musically, hate the lyrics.

I like One In A Million musically, hate the lyrics. 

What GNR Songs do you like the music, but hate the lyrics? 🤔

52 minutes ago, Karice said:

I like One In A Million musically, hate the lyrics. 

Back off Bitch, Get in the Ring, Absurd, Cornshucker quickly come to mind. Those are really bad.

One in a Million is a different piece imo. I do not agree with the lyrics' meaning, but they are artistically well written - compared to the other ones.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

Back off Bitch, Get in the Ring, Absurd, Cornshucker quickly come to mind. Those are really bad.

One in a Million is a different piece imo. I do not agree with the lyrics' meaning, but they are artistically well written - compared to the other ones.

With Get In The Ring, Axl was just ranting out his frustrations with People printing lies about GNR. I would have been pissed off too if People were printing lies about my band and I.

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

All the ones where Axl sings too fast like Right Next Door To Hell.

🤣 When I first heard Sweet Child Of Mine (Sweet Child Of Mine is the first Guns N'Roses song I had ever heard), I thought, "I love how clear the Lead Singer's voice is. I can understand every single word he is singing and I don't even need to look up the lyrics! He is so easy to understand! 😃 I thought "I even like how he says,"Child," and not "Chile"(A lot of singers pronounce "Child," as ,"Chile,") Boy, I didn't know what I would be getting into with Axl and his very fast and hard to understand vocals/lyrics! 🤣

• Like 1

the first lines and rhymes of „sorry“ are just horrible (e.g. „do“ - „you“ //  „in“ - „in“ // and again: „do“ - „you“ …) very selfrighteous song all in all … though the line: „it‘s harder to live with the truth about you // than to live with the lies about me“ is ok … ;) 

other than that: „get in the ring“, „if the world“ (both mediocre songs anyways)  n‘ „rhiad“ (cool one musically) are lyrical lowpoints in my opinion … i always understood „one in a million“ as a provocative „role-poem“, so i can live with that … 

but let‘s rather make a thread about the best gnr-lyrics n‘ lines! :)

Edited by whiny

1 hour ago, Karice said:

🤣 When I first heard Sweet Child Of Mine (Sweet Child Of Mine is the first Guns N'Roses song I had ever heard), I thought, "I love how clear the Lead Singer's voice is. I can understand every single word he is singing and I don't even need to look up the lyrics! He is so easy to understand! 😃 I thought "I even like how he says,"Child," and not "Chile"(A lot of singers pronounce "Child," as ,"Chile,") Boy, I didn't know what I would be getting into with Axl and his very fast and hard to understand vocals/lyrics! 🤣

Yeah on Appetite he focused a lot more on melody than he did on everything since (spare a few exceptions). It’s a bit of a shame, really, but it is what it is.

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

One in a million. Back off bitch and to be honest it's so easy, or at least parts of it

About It's So Easy, I thought Axl was saying something like," You're bitching, you got no use because you got nothing better to do!"(I thought he was criticizing his Critics or something which would make sense) The lyric is actually,"Turn around Bitch, I've got a use for you, besides, you ain't got nothing better to do!" Kind of misogynistic IMHO. 🤐

Edited by Karice
  • ABSUЯD 1