Riverport Concert Riot. Should GNR have supported Axl or supported their Fans? 🤔

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Could you please elaborate further?

Something like,"Axl, I completely support you  Let's have a couple of beers and chill for a little bit." They drink the beers, chill, and Axl is calmed down. 😀

Edited by Karice

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

You know by the time Axl would've "calmed down" the place was already being ripped apart by fans?

Not really. In my scenario, Slash, Duff and Matt are still on stage. The three of them could have held down the fort while Axl,"Took a bathroom break," and Izzy accompanied him on this "Bathroom break," 😉

On 11/16/2022 at 1:40 AM, Karice said:

So, in the Riverport Concert, Axl spots a guy with a camera who was illegally filming. Axl told Security to take the camera, and they refused, so Axl dived off stage into the crowd like he was diving into a swimming pool! 🤣😏 And hit a Security Guard in his head as a "Wake up!" Command (Axl himself said something like,"I never hit the guy who had the camera. I just held on to him and wouldn't let go. Security were trying to get me to let go of the guy with the camera and I didn't want to let go. This camera guy and his Friends had been harassing me all throughout the show and the camera was the last straw. I slapped a Security Guard as a "Wake up!" Command)

Axl went back on stage and said,"Thanks to the lame ass Security, I'm going home!" And angrily slammed the mic on the floor and stormed off backstage. The crowd jeers and boos.

Slash says,"He just smashed the microphone, we're out of here!" He gave a "I'm sorry," gesture," and the show is cut early. A riot soon occurred.

Who do you think GNR should have supported? Axl, or their fans? 🤔 I honestly don't know what they should have done in this case. I mean, Axl is their Band Brother and just stormed off backstage angrily. Obviously, he's upset and they should comfort and support his angry ass,  but the Fans did pay to see him and then perform. It's honestly a very complicated situation. 🤔

If you’re ever in doubt about the answer to certain rock n roll questions always ask yourself “What would Lemmy or Johnny Ramone do” 

You do the fucking gig.
Have someone else beat Stumpy up. 

Izzy has a look of "what the actual fuck is Axl doing, I can't do this anymore." This fantasy of Izzy coaxing Axl back out is insane. Deep down I don't think Izzy wanted to be touring in the first place. 

Maybe we'd have a lot more of a catalog if Izzy only wrote and recorded starting with UYI and they hired Gilby sooner to tour and be in the videos.

• ABSUЯD 1

12 hours ago, Karice said:

Something like,"Axl, I completely support you  Let's have a couple of beers and chill for a little bit." They drink the beers, chill, and Axl is calmed down. 😀

What would have changed if axl „calmed down“ but the audience didn’t? Why should the audience calm down if Axl left the stage for at least 5-10 minutes?? Some individuals in the audience were already „hot“ so your plan to calm Axl down wouldn’t have changed anything. In my opinion the only thing to do was throw those people out and try to calm the rest of the audience. Usually security throws out people who do shit. So as I already wrote in another post : with qualified security the riot might not have occurred… has nothing to do with Axl. Skid Row were support band on that tour and Snake said that he had a uncomfortable feeling already in the afternoon. And he also stated that he was scared for an 18 year old girl that was working there as security because how could an 18 y old girl work as security for a hardrock concert with mostly male audience? He also said that when the riot broke out Izzy left the stadium immediately with his own tour bus and advised Skid row to follow him which they did. 

I don t know why you think that whatever decision the band took it would have stopped the riot. Sometimes riots happen at a rock show but clearly not to that extent. And people who start a fight are thrown out, there it didn t happen… So whats your point in calming down axl??