Dream Theater Reuniting with Mike Portnoy

Ninjapie24

Portnoy seems like the type of guy that's happier the more projects he has going on - I don't think him being back in DT makes it a dealbreaker for any of his side projects to coexist. It's not like Dream Theater is a band that tours nonstop either. 

I'm by no means a big Dream Theater band, but Portnoy was the heart of that band for me. I lost all interest in them once he left. Glad to see he's back. 

13 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Portnoy seems like the type of guy that's happier the more projects he has going on - I don't think him being back in DT makes it a dealbreaker for any of his side projects to coexist. It's not like Dream Theater is a band that tours nonstop either. 

I'm by no means a big Dream Theater band, but Portnoy was the heart of that band for me. I lost all interest in them once he left. Glad to see he's back. 

I don’t think him being back in DT will stop most of the projects. Sons of Apollo were kinda his creative output for DT type stuff though and bumblefoot also said it was likely they wouldn’t do anything again. But Winery Dogs are on tour and Metal Allegience has a 3rd album planned. I think SOA is the only one that will stop, which is fine since he is back in the band people want. Kinda like there being no point in VR now that Slash and Duff are back in GNR 

Bummer for Maningi, but replacements like him and Josh Klinginhoffer should know they are on potential borrowed time

I used to LOVE DT and saw them once in 2011 with the first non Portnoy tour. It was cool but I remember being let down by the setlist, then I kind of gradually moved on from them. Still, this is good to see!