If you had to choose just one...

Mr_Sparkle

If you were being sent to a deserted island for an extended period of time, and could only take one GnR disk with you... What would it be?  Mine would be AFD... Would you take an offical? Or a bootleg?  Make your own CDR with a mixture of songs?... Remember, can only be 1 disk... ;D

This is a tough one .. but, I'd have to go with UYI-1.  

Coma, November Rain, Dead Horse, Bad Obsession ... there's isn't a weak track on it.

While I think AFD is an amazing album, I find the lyrics in the Illusions albums are deeper, more meaningful.  

I'd make a mix of 18 songs(Didn't say how many songs  ;D ) . Some from every album exceot for CD ( isn't out yet and I'd assume we'd do this in the present) The 18 = WTTJ , ISE , Mr B , PC , SCOM , RQ , From Lies =MTTC  , Patience , 1 in Mill , UYI 1 = DnB , Bad Obs , DTJ , NR , UYI 2 =  CW , Breakdown , Loco , 14 yrs , KOHD .   I Think this gives a good variety of thier sound and that's what I'd need . I know you guys will get to me on some notable exemptions to my list ( can't wait )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

I'd make a mix of 18 songs(Didn't say how many songs  ;D ) . Some from every album exceot for CD ( isn't out yet and I'd assume we'd do this in the present) The 18 = WTTJ , ISE , Mr B , PC , SCOM , RQ , From Lies =MTTC  , Patience , 1 in Mill , UYI 1 = DnB , Bad Obs , DTJ , NR , UYI 2 =  CW , Breakdown , Loco , 14 yrs , KOHD .   I Think this gives a good variety of thier sound and that's what I'd need . I know you guys will get to me on some notable exemptions to my list ( can't wait )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Not bad Duffan.  :)

However, I think I'd bring in Coma and Estranged before I'd put in Dust N' Bones or Double Talkin' Jive.

And I might drop One In A Million and 14 Years in favor of Out Ta Get Me and Think About You.

And I might add a couple - Anything Goes and Dead Horse.

It's so hard to choose though ...  

Totally agreed Madison , It wasn't easy and I like your additions/subtractions , I woulda put Coma and Estanged in but I decided on only 1 epic NR cause it has the most memorable solo ( though Coma's lyrics are great ) I also choose 1 in a Mill cause I love how the Acoustic and Electric Guitars mesh . I was also gonna put Anything goes but I'd didn't want to Much AFD ( seems like an oxymoron  ;D ) love it's lyrics though .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

• 9 years later...

EDIT: Oh wait, this topic is fucking old. Jesus, what a gravedig. I was wondering when Madison came back and if I'd get banned for a lesbian rent-a-cop reference.

Chinese Democracy.

If I was bringing a custom I guess it'd be something like:

- There Was A Time

- Estranged

- November Rain

- Scraped

- Shackler's Revenge

- Rocket Queen

- Locomotive

- Oh My God

- This I love

- 14 Years

- Better

- I.R.S.

- Out Ta Get Me

- Nightrain

- Coma

Edited by Flayer

EDIT: Oh wait, this topic is fucking old. Jesus, what a gravedig. I was wondering when Madison came back and if I'd get banned for a lesbian rent-a-cop reference.

Chinese Democracy.

If I was bringing a custom I guess it'd be something like:

- There Was A Time

- Estranged

- November Rain

- Scraped

- Shackler's Revenge

- Rocket Queen

- Locomotive

- Oh My God

- This I love

- 14 Years

- Better

- I.R.S.

- Out Ta Get Me

- Nightrain

- Coma

2002? Really?

The unreleased Chinese Democracy, because its new and I want to hear it.

It won't be unreleased for much longer. I went into a chatroom on my dialup AOL today and they were talking about how Chinese Democracy is sure to come out next year. This very reputable guy in the room said now that Paul has been replaced and the new guy Richard Fortus has been with the band for a few months, there's nothing holding them back. Album release and world tour is right around the corner ... 2003 will be GNR's year!!!

It won't be unreleased for much longer. I went into a chatroom on my dialup AOL today and they were talking about how Chinese Democracy is sure to come out next year. This very reputable guy in the room said now that Paul has been replaced and the new guy Richard Fortus has been with the band for a few months, there's nothing holding them back. Album release and world tour is right around the corner ... 2003 will be GNR's year!!!

Nice.

Nice.

:rofl-lol:

Nice.

:rofl-lol:

Oh, god... If they only knew.

BTW. I would also bring the unreleased CD, the unreleased stuff that should be released in CD II, that is.

Gee. A ten year old thread that is still up to date.