GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD EVER

rocketsredglare

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sloppy and poorly played pale in significance to honesty of intention and message (even though i don't believe ANY of the album work was sloppy or poorly played) caricature i don't agree with either, nor do i really understand what u mean by that, could u explain? as Jonesy INCREDIBLY influential...just in a more understated way...a lot of it has to do with production...that said, i respect ur opinion bro.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I appreciate the respect.

Ok to clarify, Lydon was rebellious and always raging about something when he was young, he wanted to change things, to be as uncomfortable to the establishment as possible. Well, the thing is that now he just looks and sounds like a cranky old man, like he turns on the rage to keep up the personna he created earlier in his life and to give people what they expect to see and hear from him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but look at the musical output...its been continuously proggressive and relevant, i see what ur sayin about caricature but thats only cuz the guy is iconic and in being iconic u hafta have certain things that people continuously identify with...but he's never stuck to a pattern other than, always be orignal and always be honest...and that i totally respect. i don't even think its a personna, it's just a side of him like all human beings have sides...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see that he's a tv host now, a show called Megabugs. Have you seen it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uh huh...i think it's great, but thats him, through and through, he was never all about like, nihilism and all that punk stereotype shit, he was just about being honest and orignal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but does he swear on the air?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, he doesn't...why?

no, he doesn't...why?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wanted to know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh, cool. it's really good though. i mean, i've always been like, i've always known deep down as a person that...u know, animal conservation etc is right. it's really tragic that it takes John Lydon for me to get vocal about it, like i need a rock stars approval...but i truly think he is one of the more genuine people on this planet...certainly amongst um, like...music, entertainment.

Pink Floyd is NOT Rock & Roll. Not even anywhere near it. They ARE the best band ever, period. But the're not Rock & Roll.

Nor is Metallica. The're metal.

A few bands that aren't really Rock & Roll imo, but edge towards it and are great would be Queen, Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses.

For me it's a tie between The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, if you'd like to count them as Rock & Roll.

I guess real Rock & Roll are people like Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know how many categories of rock there are??!

Guns 'N' Roses, Queen, and AC/DC - because they all had great frontmen and never failed to be themselves

Nirvana - one of the greatest minds in rock

Lennon - "Imagine"

MEGADETH - my all time fave band cuz Dave is kickass at what he does and he can do anything well For Gods sake he played in Metallica but I still think Megadeth is better(not by much) thean the mighty Met

Pink Floyd is NOT Rock & Roll. Not even anywhere near it. They ARE the best band ever, period. But the're not Rock & Roll.

Nor is Metallica. The're metal.

A few bands that aren't really Rock & Roll imo, but edge towards it and are great would be Queen, Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses.

For me it's a tie between The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, if you'd like to count them as Rock & Roll.

I guess real Rock & Roll are people like Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley.

Do you know how many categories of rock there are??!

The poll is about Rock N' ROLL. There are many different categories of rock, as you say -- but rock n' roll is it's own.

Led Zeppelin.  No two Led Zeppelin songs sounded the same.  They experimented with sound and created heavy metal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Led Zeppelin was.

but there was a few songs that sounded very similar to each other. espescially I can't quit you babe from 1 and the one from CODA :D

but then I think You Shook Me and I can't quit you babe sounded pretty much the same