ROCK IN RIO 3

steve-o

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I think of Rio, I think of 3 things: 1. How perfect 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door was - 2. How genuine and emotionally sincere 'Madagascar' came off - 3. How adoring and accepting that crowd was. With so much shit said, it was great to see so many people holding their arms open for the band. It was a very surreal, special atmosphere, if only for the crowd. And the overall performance wasn't perfect, but with it being the big "coming out" show, it was great for all of it's dents and scratches.

I was there, and believe me..it was magnificent, mostly because Axl and the band were on fire.

Honestly, two things surprised me during the concert; Buckethead, because most of the people thought he was Slash with a mask, and how fat Axl was.

Lol, yup, he had some love handles back then. (maybe he still has but thankfully, we don't get to see them)

if i remember well, i think it was that show when they fucked up the intro to you could be mine

I was there, and believe me..it was magnificent, mostly because Axl and the band were on fire.

Honestly, two things surprised me during the concert; Buckethead, because most of the people thought he was Slash with a mask, and how fat Axl was.

Man, I regret so much I missed that concert. I was in another planet those days, I really didn't even think about it! But recently when I got my head back on place I went to see the footage of the "fat Axl" like everyone pointed out (it was the only subject on the news the day after the show) but I thought he was so sexy! And yes, on fire! He has a glint in his eyes, you can see how Axl and the whole band are playing with their hearts out. I don't care how it sounded, really. A concert is much more about the vibe and feelings it passes on to the crowd than anything else, IMO.

I just re-watched this show...and yeah the crowd is unbelievable. The band was still getting its legs, but i totally disagree about axl's voice not being up to par. It see like this show his voice is a cross between the 2002 and 2006 voices. He moves around the stage with total confidence....and the performance of "oh my god" is ear-shattering.

• 7 months later...

Those are the people who wrote and played on the album, Chinese Democracy.

Lead guitars: Buckethead and Robin Finck (they both quit).

Drums: Brain (he quit).

Rhythm guitar: Paul (Huge) Tobias (he quit).

The rest of the band:

Axl Rose (vocals).

Tommy Stinson (bass).

Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman (keyboards and synthesizers).

are still with Guns N' Roses

Those are the people who wrote and played on the album, Chinese Democracy.

Lead guitars: Buckethead and Robin Finck (they both quit).

Drums: Brain (he quit).

Rhythm guitar: Paul (Huge) Tobias (he quit).

The rest of the band:

Axl Rose (vocals).

Tommy Stinson (bass).

Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman (keyboards and synthesizers).

are still with Guns N' Roses

Sorry, i meant who are Xozi and Renato lol

Xozi has her own message board with another weird guy name Queenie.

They use to spread false rumors on the band.

They are 2 really strange persons.

As Renato, no one knows.

Thnks!!

I also found this

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsti.br.inter.net%2Fmusetti%2Fentre5.htm&sl=pt&tl=en&history_state0=

and

That forum featuring Xozi---- http://gnr.proboards.com/index.cgi

Its dead

Edited by Shackler