ROCK IN RIO 3

steve-o

i only have the audio(have dial-up,com's slow)

but during the bass solo before "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?",it's cool to hear those odd guitar things,i wouldn;'t say solo,but it's distinctively buckethead sounding....

i think if axl did this in studio,or held back a little on the opening scream,then ritz jungle would've gotten blown away....

but as is,it'd definitly up there

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alot of people like and dislike the wttj from rio in 2001, me i don't know the opening scream is mindblowing but it makes the rest of the song suffer...vocally, and the bit where axl says "you know where you are" etc its a lil bit early....

short summary

good intro

average performace

good outro

• 4 weeks later...
The reason im posting about this is that I just watched this performance for the first time in a while but after so many times of watching it....it still gives me them chills that you get during a great Axl/band performance. Im sure you know the feeling. I dont know exactly what it is but the Opening notes to jungle, 200,000 people going fucking crazy. Many tears shed at Axls return after 8 years. Then you here "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE" in its most powerful form and the music hits.

Im not joking, this is one of the best jungle performances in the history of GNR. Not many people will agree with me but i stand by my word. Axls stays consistant through the whole song, vocals strong, screams are amazing and the band are flawless too. The energy and atmosphere on stage is at his highest peek compared to any peformance from GNR old or new that ive PERSONALLY ever seen.

This performance proves the new axl of the 00's still has the gift to perform if he can push himself and risk blowing the shit out his voice. Anyone else agree this is probably if not, one of the best GNR performances from the new band?

AMAZING

I agree, this is the new Guns N Roses at their spine-chilling best

This may have been asked on a few other occaisions but I couldnt find a thread of it;

Why did they play the songs so much fuckin faster?? It worked well on some songs, like LALD, but on Mr Brownstone especially, it sounded quite rubbish IMO!

Any thoughts??

Grimo.

• 2 years later...

Is it me or the guitars sound clumped together and the overall guitar sound sounds very muted and polished, compared to raw and gritty, compared with 1993 and 2006? The solos aren't played with passion and are much faster and there lacks a feeling of danger and of raw intensity. Also, don't the drums sound hollow?

The concert i feel was like a machine at work, GN'R i think then even though it was 'new' sounded very machine like.

'Without Paul, they'd be no more Guns N' Roses' it makes you think what did he do to let there be a GN'R.

I think Rio was very hit and miss, that show compared to the New Years Eve show it's like they are worlds apart imo.

Oh My God sounded great in Vegas but not in Rio.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The band weren't too bad, a few rough notes here and there but Axl, when I first heard Sweet Child from that show I was really unsure whether or not Axl was singing or one of the others had taken over, it sounds nothing like him....

The crowd were fantastic there though, really big and really mental.

Glasgow was like that on a much smaller scale.

It was Axl who sucked at that show. The band was alright. Same with to 02 tour that everybody complains about. The band never sounded better but Axl blew it with his Mickey Mouse voice (which I actually didn't really mind all that much).

Edited by Randy Lahey