Merck: 2006 will be an exciting year

Gigger

Christos AG posted this over at HTGTH

I know it's been some time but I have to say it since it was intented for the fans...

In November 2005 the Greek fan clubs of GN'R and Iron Maiden did a big party together.

I contacted Merck to let him know (since he is managing both Maiden and Guns) and he gave a message for the fans:

2006 will be an exciting year for both bands.

That was in November, which I guess is way more valid than the 2005 statement which was back in June? (which probably changed cause of various reasons).

Read into it whatever you want!

Edit: I intentionally didn't put Merck's quote in quotation marks just in case it isn't verbatim. Wouldn't want him attributed with saying something he didn't actually say.

Edited by Gigger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he also say this about 2005? :unsure:

Edit: No way, I believe those were simply his words misinterpreted. First chance we'll get for another rumour to prove itself is in May, the DaVinci Code. I saw a trailer at the movie theatre earlier this night. GnR or no GnR, this is going to be one bad-ass flick!

Rock in Rio will probably want to announce who is headlining by February/March. The DaVinci code will want to finalise details of a soundtrack around the same time. I'd within 3 months you'll know whether it's actually happening in the first half of 2006.

Didn't he also say this about 2005? :unsure:

Edit: No way, I believe those were simply his words misinterpreted. First chance we'll get for another rumour to prove itself is in May, the DaVinci Code. I saw a trailer at the movie theatre earlier this night. GnR or no GnR, this is going to be one bad-ass flick!

Rock in Rio will probably want to announce who is headlining by February/March. The DaVinci code will want to finalise details of a soundtrack around the same time. I'd within 3 months you'll know whether it's actually happening in the first half of 2006.

yeah.....this is gonna be an exciting spring.....I think the biggest bet is Rock in Rio......

The da vinci code has little credability. Axl told a fan. And merck didn't want to denie it.

Merck might have a big laugh about this at this very moment. But most likly they are trying to get into a soundtrack. (or where at that time) A summer movie maby. And they where discussing DVC Might also be other movies for all we know.

But I think Rock In Rio is a good bet for a Guns Happening. The CD might come out before or after. I would guess before. To build some hype and attention to the headlining band......You might think it. But guns is not all that good received around the world. At least not the current.

Come on guys, cheer up.

Always look on the bright side of life...

Worse things happen at sea, you know.

I mean - what have you got to lose?

You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.

What've you lost? Nothing!

Lets see what happens :)

R.

Come on guys, cheer up.

Worse things happen at sea, you know.

I mean - what have you got to lose?

You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.

What've you lost? Nothing!

Lets see what happens :)

R.

Thats the spirit.

He said for the bands, not the fans. They're probably just throwing tons of parties and gettin wasted and shit. In the meantime, we'll keep waiting in vain spending countless hours on the forum and crying into our cheerios.

Who knows? I know we were all alot more positive when he said 2005 would be the year of Guns n Roses. Fuckin make up your mind already Merk!

Do you really think it is Merck who is in the position to make his mind up? I reckon he just goes by what Axl hints at. Are we gonna see Axl Rose anytime soon? 4 years since their last show and 2 years since someone saw him. What the fuck?