• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps axl wouldn't answer the door' after all he wouldn't answer it to izzy

Well he spoke to Izzy last week...

R.

we aint talking about last week, we're talking about a while back' you know that aswell your just trying to be a smart arse as usual'

Oh come on, the old members may technically have left voluntarily, but it's a stretch of the imagination to say that they weren't pushed very hard. Axl blackmailed the rest of the band out of any control of the name. He tried to demote izzy, his childhood friend, to the roll of supporting musician. He brought in a nother lead guitarist without talking to slash about it. And these incidents alone, don't give you any idea of the way axl had been acting for years.

I'm sorry, but the vast majority of people see axl as the bad guy, and imho, they're right. And the rest of them seem far better able to deal with axl, than axl can with them. He's just burned all his bridges. I can't imagine acting that way to people i'd know so long.

R.

we aint talking about last week, we're talking about a while back' you know that aswell your just trying to be a smart arse as usual'

I said he spoke to Izzy last week - like he said he did. So whatever issues Izzy & Axl had in 2001 seem to have been resolved.

R.

R.

I said he spoke to Izzy last week - like he said he did. So whatever issues Izzy & Axl had in 2001 seem to have been resolved.

R.

how do you know what was said to izzy- none of us do

It seems like there is more bad blood between the fans that have taken side than there is between Axl and Slash. You're such a pathetic bunch of losers, defending a bandmember that has done only 20 shows or so, but is in a band Axl is in. Just pathetic. Why can't fans move on and accept the current situation instead of bitching at eachother for who should take the first step and who shouldn't?

Slash did try to make the first move in '01 in Vegas, but they booted his ass out.

You're always very quick to play that down whenever i mention that in the VR section :unsure:

Besides, in that interview just before new year Slash said he didn't think that Axl had anything to do with that.

Hardly the best place to go to make ammends - when Axl is on stage with the new band.

R.

I play it down because whenever you mention it, you make it sound like Slash showed up with his guitar and Only wanted to jump on stage to play the show. :rolleyes: I dispute that was the main reason he went.

As for that radio interview, the DJ says he was backstage in Vegas when it came over the walkie-talkie that Slash was there and he says Axl said 'don't let him in the f'n building'. Slash, decided to just downplay the whole situation, and that was very cool of him, but there's no denying what the DJ said he heard.

He went to the gig because he was curious (can't blame him, everyone was/is) and be supportive. They didn't need to make ammends during the show in front of the new band. They could have hooked up afterwards. The rest of the crew had no problem finding Slash at another hotel and hanging out.

R.

R.

Good point. They could have had a blazin arguement and slammed the phone down on each other vowin never to talk to each other ever again...... the optimism might be a little premature...:unsure:

Grimo.

R.

R.

Good point. They could have had a blazin arguement and slammed the phone down on each other vowin never to talk to each other ever again...... the optimism might be a little premature...:unsure:

Grimo.

you cant tell me axl phoned izzy after all this time & they welcomed each other with open arms

Well, Slash left the band; Axl wanted him in GN'R but he didn't. So it's up to Slash to make the first step, IMO.

yeah I think Slash needs to make the first move aswell, cos he was the one that left.

he doesn't want to if Axl is making that kind of album... or that what Slash said

Well, Slash left the band; Axl wanted him in GN'R but he didn't. So it's up to Slash to make the first step, IMO.

yeah I think Slash needs to make the first move aswell, cos he was the one that left.

he doesn't want to if Axl is making that kind of album... or that what Slash said

Be careful about what you say in this forum. Even speculative rumors about Axl, Slash or possible reunions could get the thread locked, and get you possibly banned. It's a fuckin' dictatorship in here. Ridiculous. :xmassrudolph:

Slash and axl patching things up is marvellous, perhaps axl was being slightly foul towards slash back in 2001 and 2002 because he wanted his new incarnation to go without any draw backs of the past i dont know if that makes sense. But both of them having somewhat peace with each other is promising.

As for the izzy thing hooray, two great buddies re re united...izzy went to axls and talked to him in 2001? didnt he? and now they are speaking again...id love to know what about, so if all the original fellas are on good terms with each other then bring on a reunion...

But of course thats not on their minds probs at this very moment, or it could be a thought in the back of there heads, i think axl wants cd released and to work well with what he has now and then have a reunion with the old guys and say robin richard etc could clap them on stage or something like that

So, what's Axl gonna tell the nugnr dudes, Sorry you're out of a job because these guys are rejoining? If i was finck or Brain i'd be exceptionally pissed off, Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see the return of the old band but if i was one of the guys who had worked on CD for years whilst slash and Duff and Izzy pised off to do their own thing then I would be really annoyed if i just got chucked out when they came running back.

I don't think Axl would do that, and if Slash and him do come on talking terms again, Axl will still focus on the current line up , that is why I said when Axl is around 50 a reunion may happen and also this could just be one show, doesn't mean the old members are going to join the band again, they could just do one show again with each other.

Slash did try to make the first move in '01 in Vegas, but they booted his ass out.

Yeah that is cos they still had their issues , I think Axl has come to peace with it now judging by his latest comment, could be wrong.

Edited by Axl-rocks

hmmm was axl drunk when he said stuff about slash?? :) i never thought they had problems i thought they jus didnt agree with the path gnr was takin musically ...thats why slash left right? so then it really doesnt matter who approaches who right? if a reunion happend thatd be one of the biggest come backs in rock n roll history dont you think??!! :) ?

hmmm was axl drunk when he said stuff about slash?? :) i never thought they had problems i thought they jus didnt agree with the path gnr was takin musically ...thats why slash left right? so then it really doesnt matter who approaches who right? if a reunion happend thatd be one of the biggest come backs in rock n roll history dont you think??!! :) ?

Who knows if Axl was drunk when he said stuff about Slash, but I think he still know what he is talking about if he was.

And yes if a reunion happened, it will be one of the biggest things in RnR history. :)

Edited by Axl-rocks