it's almost finished

mynameisjonas

In 1994, Axl Rose and Guns N’ Roses entered an L.A. Studio to begin recording their new album, Chinese Democracy. Twelve years later, there’s still no new album - and the reasons why are cloudier than Lake Erie. What’s certain is that in that time, Rose has parted ways with the old band members, worked with dozens of producers and musicians, and, according to reports, spent more than $13 million on studio time, recording gear, instrument rentals, and support staff - while releasing just one original recording back in 1999. The cornrowed singer gave GNR fans little hope in mid-January when he promised that "people will hear music this year", but the band’s label, Geffen, doesn’t have the album on its release schedule. Says Rose’s manager Merck Mercuriadis, "He’s almost finished and he’s confident that it will come out this year," though he wouldn’t confirm a date. Or a month. Or a friggin’ season.

[1]Source: Transcribed by BP of www.GUNSNROSES.US with an advanced copy of EW. Entertainment Weekly is releasing this article on page 11 for February 17.

Edited by mynameisjonas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... lets wait :)

Says Rose’s manager Merck Mercuriadis, "He’s almost finished and he’s confident that it will come out this year,"

dont know why... but that quote sounds familiar to me :book:

Agustin

[1]Source: Transcribed by BP of www.GUNSNROSES.US with an advanced copy of EW. Entertainment Weekly is releasing this article on page 11 for February 17.

It's not an "advance copy" -- it's on the wire right now under the headline "WHERE THE HECK ARE RACHEL McADAMS' NEW MOVIE ROLES? ANSWERS TO THIS AND OTHER... POP CULTURE MYSTERIES OF 2006"

It's not an "advance copy" -- it's on the wire right now under the headline "WHERE THE HECK ARE RACHEL McADAMS' NEW MOVIE ROLES? ANSWERS TO THIS AND OTHER... POP CULTURE MYSTERIES OF 2006"

i just copyed n' pasted.

and i think BP is correct. he was right about the original slash interview when no one believed him, i'm sticking with him this time, too.

Edited by mynameisjonas

i just copyed n' pasted.

and i think BP is correct. he was right about the original slash interview when no one believed him, i'm sticking with him this time, too.

Dude, I'm not saying the article isn't real. Of course, it's real - because - hello - it's already out there on the wire! My point was that this is not an "advance copy" because it's already out there!

i just copyed n' pasted.

Dude, I'm not saying the article isn't real. Of course, it's real - because - hello - it's already out there on the wire! My point was that this is not an "advance copy" because it's already out there!

oh.

nevermind.

this is gonna be the 2nd time this year merck has said something.

if you recall, earlier this year, he mentioned something like:

"2006 will be a good year for both bands" refering to GN'R and maiden.

It is so amusing how much faith people put into Merck's comments....

You know....there once was this manager named Merck who called Eddie Trunk a liar when he claimed to have played IRS on the air. As soon as IRS leaked on the internet, was there an "ooops" or a "I must have been mistaken"? No, just a "please don't share this file because the band doesn't want you to".

In other words, he tells you what he wants you to think, not what is the complete truth.

You know....there once was this manager named Merck who called Eddie Trunk a liar when he claimed to have played IRS on the air. As soon as IRS leaked on the internet, was there an "ooops" or a "I must have been mistaken"? No, just a "please don't share this file because the band doesn't want you to".

In other words, he tells you what he wants you to think, not what is the complete truth.

What about all the shitty rumours he clears up for us, The supposed shows, bandmembers leaving, he is nice enough to clear up any speculation. In my opinion when he said 2005 was the year of guns n roses he was sincere in what he said, only it took a bit longer to get everything moving.

As for the IRS leak i dont much about it so cant really comment, but hey maybe he said it wasnt played to stop over eager fans going out of there way to get a 3 minute poor quality copy of a kick ass song? Which means he done so in the interest of the fans!

Edited by Follow Your Illusion

What about all the shitty rumours he clears up for us, The supposed shows, bandmembers leaving, he is nice enough to clear up any speculation. In my opinion when he said 2005 was the year of guns n roses he was sincere in what he said, only it took a bit longer to get everything moving.

As for the IRS leak i dont much about it so cant really comment, but hey maybe he said it wasnt played to stop over eager fans going out of there way to get a 3 minute poor quality copy of a kick ass song? Which means he done so in the interest of the fans!

If I recall correctly, it was Dizzy who said BucketHead had not been a part of the band since the December prior to his "departure". And when Merck was asked once about BucketHead's "out of the band" rumor....he denied it. He only confirmed it later. So who is to say his word is gold? It's only gold when AXL confirms it(RIR excuse).

And it isn't logical to think that Merck does things in the interest of the fans. He is an employee to GNR, NOT the fans. He denied the radio leak why? Confirming the song played on the radio doesn't have anything to do with the MP3. He will do what AXL wants first(denying the radio leak and then trying to limit the mp3's spread.), what he wants to do second, and the fans come third. It is fanclubs that serve the fans, NOT management.

All I am saying is that asking Merck won't get you a 100% believeable answer. The only true confirmation will come from AXL himself.

If I recall correctly, it was Dizzy who said BucketHead had not been a part of the band since the December prior to his "departure". And when Merck was asked once about BucketHead's "out of the band" rumor....he denied it. He only confirmed it later. So who is to say his word is gold? It's only gold when AXL confirms it(RIR excuse).

And it isn't logical to think that Merck does things in the interest of the fans. He is an employee to GNR, NOT the fans. He denied the radio leak why? Confirming the song played on the radio doesn't have anything to do with the MP3. He will do what AXL wants first(denying the radio leak and then trying to limit the mp3's spread.), what he wants to do second, and the fans come third. It is fanclubs that serve the fans, NOT management.

All I am saying is that asking Merck won't get you a 100% believeable answer. The only true confirmation will come from AXL himself.

What about the rumour of CD being mastered, The club in Atlanta reporting GNR were playing, When Brain supposedly left. These are all things Ive seen on the boards, Bucket leaving I only remember the statement, however maybe Dizzy knew bucket was unhappy and wanted to leave but nothing had been set yet.

Without Merck to clear up the rumours we'd still be wondering who was in the band, whats being mastered, if IRS was real and talking about how a good few of us turned up at a hoax gig in Atlanta.

As for the IRS leak I was putting a good spin on it as Ive said the two examples you gave I cant really comment on except to give my views.

Edited by Follow Your Illusion

well... lets wait :)
Says Rose’s manager Merck Mercuriadis, "He’s almost finished and he’s confident that it will come out this year,"

dont know why... but that quote sounds familiar to me :book:

Agustin

...yeah...Merck is not confident if this album goes to ROCK cathegory or not anymore! :lol::lol::lol: